ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday!
Indiana University Assembly Center, July 26, 1975
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
19th July 2006 04:24 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TomL wrote:
Remember on the Licks tour you could not wait to log on to see the set?

Oh stop whining... You are here aren't you?!!!!
19th July 2006 04:25 PM
TomL You just want someone in your pants Meg.

You are so right JB. Hopefully things will take a turn for the mini.
[Edited by TomL]
19th July 2006 04:30 PM
Stray Cat UK YGMR ! Oh fuck,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
[Edited by Stray Cat UK]
RollingstonesUSA The great return of You Got Me Rocking! Their on a roll!
Bitch
quote:
TomL wrote:
You just want someone in your pants Meg.

LMAO! Doesn't everyone want that? Uh-huh, yeah!

19th July 2006 04:31 PM
TomL start me up
Brown sugar

YCAGWYW
Satisfaction
19th July 2006 04:31 PM
charlotte Meg can get any guy in her pants anytime she chooses...but it's her choice only!

19th July 2006 04:32 PM
TomL Yes Bitch, yes they do.
19th July 2006 04:33 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Bitch wrote:

LMAO! Doesn't everyone want that? Uh-huh, yeah!

AMEN SISTAH!!

Time to go home..I know the rest of the songs....
Thanks Gazza and Mathias
Enjoy Berlin Herr Gazza...
19th July 2006 04:41 PM
TomL Night Meg. Happy Hour is calling. The Cheetah sluts are having a picnic this weekend should be fun.
19th July 2006 04:55 PM
Dan
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
The great return of You Got Me Rocking! Their on a roll!

YESSSSSS! Back by popular demand! Remember, I predicted in this on the B Stage in at least half the fantasy setlist threads.
19th July 2006 04:59 PM
MRD8 Eight days and four shows and the Stones are already on cruise control in Europe...Keith will play those same two songs at every remaining show...now that You Got Me Rocking has reappeared they'll play it on the b-stage at most shows...I'm sure you won't see Under My Thumb again on this leg of the tour...I was hoping She's So Cold was gone for good!
19th July 2006 05:01 PM
Angiegirl Hmmm, 12 days to go till my one show. And it's quite telling that I had to check today's date and the Amsterdam date and do the math.
19th July 2006 05:46 PM
mojoman
quote:
TomL wrote:
Remember on the Licks tour you could not wait to log on to see the set?

ah the memories.....
19th July 2006 06:12 PM
charlotte Thanks Gazza and Mathias

Gazza, have a great trip to one of the great top shelf cities of the world...
19th July 2006 06:12 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Show beginning at 8.55 local time :

Confirmed final setlist :

1. Jumpin Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3. Oh No, Not You Again
4. Lets Spend The Night Together
5. Tumbling Dice
6. As Tears Go By
7. Streets of Love
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Night Time

Intros - Keith again introduced as "weltmeister in baumklettern" (world champion in treeclimbing)

10. Slipping Away
11. Before They Make Me Run

12. Miss You

13. Rough Justice
14. You Got Me Rocking
15. Honky Tonk Women

16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Start Me Up
18. Brown Sugar

19. You Cant always get what you want
20. Satisfaction

Thanks to Matthias (shakedhandswithkeith) for the updates

Stadium info :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWD_Arena
Stadium pic :

[Edited by Gazza]

BORING!!!!
19th July 2006 06:35 PM
GotToRollMe Enjoy the Berlin show, Gazza! Have a blast!
19th July 2006 06:56 PM
Bitch Gazza & everyone going to Berlin I hope you like your setlist!

Don't forget to take lots of pics to post here on RO! Please, we need em!
19th July 2006 07:49 PM
LadyJane Oh please.

STOP bitching.

If I could be at ALL the shows I'd go...gladly. Bet the crowd LOVED it.

I'd like to see GS replace Night Time.

Other than that....good setlist.

LJ.

19th July 2006 07:51 PM
mojoman funny bitch!!!

quote:
Bitch wrote:
OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN, fucking up my life! I love this song, the lyrics are so fucking funny, and the riff is so cool too! OH YES to OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN. It rocks IMO.

A joke about a possible ONNYA scenario:
A guy was sitting quietly reading his paper when his wife walked up behind him and whacked him on the head with a magazine.

"What was that for?" he asked. "That was for the piece of paper in your pants pocket with the name Laura Lou written on it," she replied.

"Two weeks ago when I went to the races, Laura Lou was the name of one of the horses I bet on," he explained.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry," she said. "I should have known there was a good explanation."

Three days later he was watching a ballgame on TV when she walked up and hit him in the head again, this time with the iron skillet, which knocked him out cold. When he came to, he asked, "What the hell was that for?"

She replied, "Your horse called.

19th July 2006 08:00 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
mojoman wrote:
12. I Will Not
13. Attend Any
14. Fall Mini Tour
15. Shows
16. Unless
17. They Change
18. Up The Sets
19. And Play
20. Some New Songs!!!!

lol!!! if i am goin to see the same songs it might as well be in a different place!!!

This is abiggerbang tour, not Lick Tour!
19th July 2006 10:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Gazza please say hi to Nico and Axel from me!
19th July 2006 11:07 PM
Soldatti Oh No, Not YGMR again
20th July 2006 12:46 AM
Poplar
As always - I will take the fight...
I love YGMR.

20th July 2006 02:47 AM
FotiniD Have fun in Berlin Gazza! I'm sure you'll enjoy the gig My greetings to Keith! And now I'm turning green with jealousy cause I want another one too

Enjoy!
20th July 2006 03:13 AM
Jeep From the Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung :

Hannover
Der große Bang knallte in Hannover

Die Rolling Stones haben am Mittwochabend vor rund 35 000 Fans in Hannover ihre alten Rock-Hits wieder aufleben lassen. Und wir haben für Sie über 30 Bilder zusammengestellt, damit Sie das Konzert und das Drumherum noch einmal an sich vorbei ziehen lassen können. Klicken Sie auf diesen Text, und lesen Sie, wie's war.

Eine Bibliotheksleiter war es 1998. Ausgerechnet die Bibliotheksleiter, haha, der Richards, wie er sich womöglich Hunter S. Thompson aus der obersten Reihe angelt. Rippenbruch. Der Tourstart 1998 musste verschoben werden. Und nun, 2006, war es also die Palme auf den Fidschi-Inseln, von der der Stones-Gitarrist gestürzt ist. Die Folge: Kopfverletzung, Operation, abgesagte Konzerte, verspäteter Tourneebeginn, der ganze Schlamassel. Aber ob Keith Richards nun in Wahrheit beim Rasenmähen über eine Baumwurzel gestolpert oder tatsächlich beim Kokosnusspflücken vom Ast gerauscht ist – jetzt, kurz vor 21 Uhr am Mittwochabend, steht er auf der Bühne in der AWD-Arena und klammert sich an der Gitarre fest (oder klammert sich die Gitarre an ihn?). Er würgt seine Telecaster und schüttelt ihr das Riff von „Jumpin‘ Jack Flash” aus den Rippen, dass die Funken sprühen. Er senst ein Solo zwischen den rauen Beat von „It‘s only Rock ‘n‘ Roll”, das mit Virtuosität nicht viel zu tun hat – aber dafür um so mehr mit Seele. Er macht uns neben dem wie aufgezogen rennenden, zuckenden, hüftkreiselnden, gockelnden Jagger den lustig-schrumpeligen Geisterbahnmann und bietet den voreiligen Leichenfledderern („Die sind doch lange klinisch tot!”) die zerfurchte Stirn – und grinst. Memento mori. Memento Stones.

Keith Richards ist gut drauf, rumpelt unnachahmlich über den Gitarrenhals, krächzt ganz wunderbar soulig ins Mikro („Slipping away”), Charlie Watts klöppelt zuverlässig seinen Beat, Ron Wood füllt jede Lücke mit einer Slideeinlage, und Jagger fühlt sich offensichtlich wie 26, nicht 62. Wer im Innenraum steht, hat die Arme oben vor Glück. Wer auf den Rängen sitzt, auch. Und wer auf den in die parkhausähnliche Bühnenkonstruktion eingebundenen Balkonen (zum extrateuren Tarif) steht, guckt sich die Menge und Charlie Watts‘ Drumset von oben an. Das ist doch auch was.

„It‘s only Rock ‘n‘ Roll, but I like it”. Darum geht es. Nicht mehr und nicht weniger. Und dass Rock ‘n‘ Roll viel ist, nur nicht unbedeutend, weiß niemand besser als die Rolling Stones. Als sie anfingen, in den frühen Sechzigern, hat es geknallt. Sie waren die „bad boys”, rebellisch, provokant. Vier Jahrzehnte später ist Rock friedlich eingenickt; viele Weggefährten von damals sind gestorben oder längst in Pension. Nur die Stones geben einfach nicht auf. „A Bigger Bang”, ihr jüngstes Album vom letzten Jahr, ist das Motto dieser Tournee. Und natürlich knallt es dementsprechend groß bei dieser Show, der ersten Musikshow im hannoverschen Stadion, seit es AWD-Arena heißt. Fünf Tage dauerte der Aufbau der Bühne. Mit riesiger Zunge natürlich. Mit ausfahrbarer Extrabühne, die die ganze Band und „Miss you” im Gepäck direkt in den Stadioninnenraum führt. Mit Feuerkram. Und riesigen Videowänden. Die Kamera zoomt auf den Totenkopfring an Richards‘ Finger, und man muss sich zwingen, den Blick von den Bildschirmen abzuwenden, hin zu den kleinen Männchen auf der Bühne. Echte Menschen, in die Jahre gekommen. Genauso wie wir, die wir uns – bei Ticketpreisen zwischen 80 und 200 Euro – zum Urgestein des Rock-‘n‘-Roll-Zirkus aufgemacht haben.

Vielleicht ist es ja doch die letzte Gelegenheit, „Let‘s spend the night together”, „Start me up”, „Sympathy for the devil”, „Brown sugar” oder „Satisfaction” live zu hören. Mick wird schließlich in einer Woche 63, Charlie ist schon 65 (und erst seit kurzer Zeit von einer Krebserkrankung genesen) – und wer weiß, von wo Keith das nächste Mal herunterfällt. Aber kann man es sich ernsthaft vorstellen, dass diese Band jemals aufhört? Dass Jagger nicht mehr ins Fitnessstudio geht? Dass Watts nur noch dezenten Swing spielt? Dass Richards seine Gitarren versteigert? Und was sollte dann aus Ron Wood werden? Wer nimmt denn noch einen 59-jährigen Gitarristen?

Noch ist es nicht so weit. Noch haben sie Spaß am unbändigen Rock ‘n‘ Roll und am räudigen Blues.

Weitere Stationen der Rolling Stones in Deutschland: Berlin (21.7.), Köln (23.7.) und Stuttgart (3.8.)

Matthias Schmidt

[Edited by Jeep]
20th July 2006 07:20 AM
TomL you better save your money LJ.
20th July 2006 07:32 AM
LadyJane
quote:
TomL wrote:
you better save your money LJ.

What's your problem now???

LJ
20th July 2006 08:24 AM
Jeep Hamburger Morgenpost today edition :

20th July 2006 09:50 AM
jb I have read the stadium was not close to being sold out....around 35k....very sad....
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)