ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday!
Indiana University Assembly Center, July 26, 1975
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
19th July 2006 03:40 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

revenge for the desired opening act declining opportunity:

That could be very true..it is not selling well(Glasgow as well)
19th July 2006 03:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

it slows the tempo down later in the set when they unleash Streets of Love and Nighttime!

these are not songs that are "unleashed" but rather, gently unfolded and placed on stage on top of paper doileys.
19th July 2006 03:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

78 was unusual set list to say the least-but it was Some Girls and the band was incredible.(Let it Rock) - 81, up and until this tour, had the worst set list ever.

81 was an incredible setlist

Half of the songs from their 3 most recent albums with the two most recent albums theyd never played live.. loads of old songs that they hadnt played on tour in well over a decade - LSTNT, Time is on my side, UMT and some old songs (let it bleed etc) that theyd NEVER played live at all.

And they had the balls to drop some old standards and three whole mid 70's albums of songs (GHS, IORR and Black and blue)

very courageous setlists in 81
19th July 2006 03:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

these are not songs that are "unleashed" but rather, gently unfolded and placed on stage on top of paper doileys.

that one is out of the ball park ladies and gentleman!
19th July 2006 03:45 PM
Gazza 9 songs before the band intros on previous shows on this tour has meant a 20-song set, so we may get 20 after all

2 keith songs
4 b-stage
3 warhorses
2 encores
19th July 2006 03:46 PM
jb I didn;t like all the covers in 81....I also thought they were already slowing down the pace compared to 75 and 78...Looking back, the shows were longer and, yes, perhaps more diverse, but I did not like the set lists.
[Edited by jb]
19th July 2006 03:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

that one is out of the ball park ladies and gentleman!

see: See Yanks 14-3 Chisox thrashing
19th July 2006 03:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
9 songs before the band intros on previous shows on this tour has meant a 20-song set, so we may get 20 after all

2 keith songs
4 b-stage
3 warhorses
2 encores

You be very good in Mathemathics!!!

And Nighttime too!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
19th July 2006 03:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
9 songs before the band intros on previous shows on this tour has meant a 20-song set, so we may get 20 after all

2 keith songs
4 b-stage
3 warhorses
2 encores

hopefully someone will text the songs in!!! I couldnt possibly guess what songs they'll play in those slots...
19th July 2006 03:49 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

hopefully someone will text the songs in!!! I couldnt possibly guess what songs they'll play in those slots...

19th July 2006 03:53 PM
glencar I hear Mick is goosestepping tonight!
19th July 2006 03:54 PM
Bitch
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LMAO! Thats because SOL & NIGHT TIME are chick songs! We like our love songs served up sweet, filled with tears and desires and passion! MICK knows the way to a ladies heart and into her pants is by by singing these sad love songs! It's so simple, and yet it's so sweet! You tough macho guys just dont get it!
19th July 2006 04:01 PM
gimmekeef So..just like US...it has settled into very predictable shows...not even a Sway or Worried Bout You?.....Was really hoping that ONNYA and Justice would have been replaced with Dangerous Beauty/Cat Dragged/Drivin Too Fast etc........
19th July 2006 04:03 PM
mojoman thanx fer the list gazza!!!
19th July 2006 04:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
1. Jumpin Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3. Oh No, Not You Again
4. Lets Spend The Night Together
5. Tumbling Dice
6. As Tears Go By
7. Streets of Love
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Night Time (Ray Charles night again??? WTF???)

Intros -
10. Slipping Away
11. Before They Make Me Run

12. I Will Not
13. Attend Any
14. Fall Mini Tour
15. Shows
16. Unless
17. They Change
18. Up The Sets
19. And Play
20. Some New Songs!!!!

Thanks to Gazza for providing photos of ropes off sections

19th July 2006 04:08 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Herr Gazza will be way too busy counting empty seats and giving me 2 minute updates by text.

I will not report empty seats when in Nice...
19th July 2006 04:10 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I will not report empty seats when in Nice...

Suppose to be selling well????
[Edited by jb]
19th July 2006 04:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LMAO!!! Don't hold your breath.
But I don't believe you- not even for one minute....
19th July 2006 04:11 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

Suppose to be selling well????
[Edited by jb]

sold out for ages.
19th July 2006 04:12 PM
mojoman 12. I Will Not
13. Attend Any
14. Fall Mini Tour
15. Shows
16. Unless
17. They Change
18. Up The Sets
19. And Play
20. Some New Songs!!!!

lol!!! if i am goin to see the same songs it might as well be in a different place!!!
19th July 2006 04:14 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

sold out for ages.

Nice!!!nice!!!!
19th July 2006 04:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

LMAO! Thats because SOL & NIGHT TIME are chick songs! We like our love songs served up sweet, filled with tears and desires and passion! MICK knows the way to a ladies heart and into her pants is by by singing these sad love songs! It's so simple, and yet it's so sweet! You tough macho guys just dont get it!

I get it....well I 'get' Night Time anyway, which is a superb version of a great song and a tour highlight. I was disappointed that they didnt play it at either of the MSG shows in January that I was at.

I would like to see them vary it around a bit as Mr Pitiful was pretty good. The whole point of that part of the show was initially supposed to be a 'movable' tribute to a dead artist that they admire.
19th July 2006 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I get it....well I 'get' Night Time anyway, which is a superb version of a great song and a tour highlight. I was disappointed that they didnt play it at either of the MSG shows in January that I was at.

I would like to see them vary it around a bit as Mr Pitiful was pretty good. The whole point of that part of the show was initially supposed to be a 'movable' tribute to a dead artist that they admire.

I see dead people????(M. Shamalamer)
19th July 2006 04:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mojoman wrote:
12. I Will Not
13. Attend Any
14. Fall Mini Tour
15. Shows
16. Unless
17. They Change
18. Up The Sets
19. And Play
20. Some New Songs!!!!

lol!!! if i am goin to see the same songs it might as well be in a different place!!!

"Good to be here. Good to be anywhere"
19th July 2006 04:20 PM
jb Mick limp wristedly lifting Keith's hand and satin /silk shirt goes blowing in wind...........Mick runs behind stage...
Bitch I would love to hear BEFORE THEY MAKE ME RUN. Thats new to ABB, and so is (the hated-by-men-song) Streets of Love, and As Tears Go By was just added in, and the set list can change at any time! No 2 shows have been identical! So each show is unique. Some of the war horses are repeats at every show, like Sympathy & Satisfaction, but those 2 songs have improved from the original versions and sound much better now! So it's all good, it's all really good, man!
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The whole point of that part of the show was initially supposed to be a 'movable' tribute to a dead artist that they admire.

obviously a perfect spot for them to cover "I Can Feel The Fire"
19th July 2006 04:21 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Agree with you completely. And add ATGB and Rambler to those 2 chick songs and it makes for a memorable evening!!
19th July 2006 04:22 PM
roadster32 to all yor setlist moaners.

i can't fucking stand it. i think their setlist and the varity is great.

in 12 shows i've seen so far i've heard 250 songs and 50 different.

i don't feel bad 'bout any setlist so far.
19th July 2006 04:22 PM
TomL Remember on the Licks tour you could not wait to log on to see the set?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)