ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I LOVE STREETS OF LOVE! STAND WITH ME ON THIS! Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 23rd, 2005 08:13 AM
JaggerLips Anyone care to stand with me?

Anyone ADMIT to linking this song please make your feeling known.

DON'T BE SHY!
July 23rd, 2005 08:23 AM
corgi37 Album filler. Chorus is ok. Jaggers accent is pathetic. Pray to the Rainbow Serpent it isnt the 1st single.

Not that singles are huge anymore, but it might turn off alot of people from getting the album.
July 23rd, 2005 08:26 AM
JaggerLips Trust me the album will SELL SELL SELL!!!

Been so lon since the last one, people wil be dying to get this one!
July 23rd, 2005 09:24 AM
Gazza A few more listens late last night and today, and its growing on me

Nice chorus and I like the instrumental break, although the verse with all those 'awfuls' in it is ..well, awful..

I still maintain that its a poor choice as a first single and it will sink like a 'stone' (ouch!), for the reasons I said before and which corgi states above.

Its a decent track. Not great, not bad - but basically album filler.

I think a lot of the outrage was because it was the first new song that people heard and we were expecting something more "Stonesy" after all this time. Had we first heard it in the context of an album track along with the rest of the songs on the CD, it would have held up better that way. It would have sounded like a nice change of pace after a few high energy rockers.

Now I think about it, it probably will be the first single.
Didnt they film a video on the streets of New York the day after the press conference? That would tie in with the song title, after all.

I sense a poignant, reflective, "Out of tears" - style video. Except that its New York and not Cleveland....
[Edited by Gazza]
July 23rd, 2005 09:29 AM
Moonisup
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Trust me the album will SELL SELL SELL!!!

Been so lon since the last one, people wil be dying to get this one!

no, they won't
July 23rd, 2005 10:02 AM
rocker I myself am of the opinion that people have been way, way too hard on this song.

I think it has to be thought of in light of other ballads by the stones, and when thought of in that light the song holds up quite well, in fact much better than say Angie, or Has Anybody Seen My Baby, or any slow song off BtB.

We are always going to get a ballad or two on any stones album and this is it, and i think its very good.

Who cares if its the first single, it doesnt matter the stones have no market for radio airplay for any new stuff, radio has changed too much.

Judge the song off the merits of itself, and the fact that is a ballad, and then you will see that it is good.
July 23rd, 2005 10:07 AM
Stray Cat UK I've been playing both tracks all day whilst painting the house. I must admit SOL is growing on me. I've even started singing along with the catchy chorus !

I don't expect great lyrics anymore.but:

The "little rooster" line on RJ pisses all over "I was a butcher cutting up meat" anyday !

BTW ,why has Rough Justice been released for airplay.Is it the b side,possible single or a sampler of the album ?

It was an unexpected and brilliant suprise to get 2 new songs yesterday.

sc uk
July 23rd, 2005 10:31 AM
ResidentMule I don't think its terrible. depending on how the other ones are it could ruin the album as Out Of Tears, Blinded By Rainbows and Sweethearts Together make Voodoo Lounge unenjoyable from start to finish for me . It really fucked up the balance of a mostly otherwise great rock record(I would've gone with Sweethearts and left the other two off - its the only one of the 3 that seems to have some type of original quality to it IMO)

we're definitly getting some overreaction towards Streets Of Love here. it does sound like an Alfie throwaway though.
July 23rd, 2005 10:32 AM
Gimme Shelter I really liked both new songs.
July 23rd, 2005 10:59 AM
Bitch I like it. I think these are the right the words, accept "ruby car"?

Streets of Love

You’re awful bright
You’re awful smart
I must admitt,
you broke my heart

The awful truth
is really sad
I must admitt
I was awful bad

While lovers laugh
and music plays
I stumble by
and I have my pain

Um! the lamps are lit
the moon is gone
I’ve think I’ve crossed
the “ruby car???”(not sure)

CHORUS

I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . I’ve

Walked the streets of love
and they’re full of tears

and they’re full of fears

While music pumps
from passing cars
a couple watch me from a bar
a band just played the wedding march

July 23rd, 2005 11:27 AM
JaggerLips
Streets of Love

You’re awful bright
You’re awful smart
I must admitt,
you broke my heart

The awful truth
is really sad
I must admitt
I was awful bad

While lovers laugh
and music plays
I stumble by
and I have my pain

Um! the lamps are lit
the moon is gone
I’ve think I’ve crossed
the Rubicon

CHORUS

and they’re full of tears

and they’re full of fears

While music pumps
from passing cars
a couple watch me from a bar
a band just played the wedding march

Bitch, it's not Ruby Car it's Rubicon it's a river in Italy, It's a reference to Julius Caesar he crossed the Rubicon and committed everything. It sealed his fate. Rather touching and powerful line.

July 23rd, 2005 11:45 AM
Some Guy My wife said SOL was cute and she likes it. RJ she definately likes. Now she is mocking me, I-I-I-I'm going to the grocery store.
July 23rd, 2005 11:50 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
My wife said SOL was cute and she likes it. RJ she definately likes. Now she is mocking me, I-I-I-I'm going to the grocery store.

Love the lyrics to Rough Justice

Put your lips to my hips baby
tell me what's on your mind
I know you've still got the animal attraction for me
It's been a long long time
July 23rd, 2005 12:02 PM
T&A i think you guys are lowering your standards. this is pure shit. period. even my wife, who loves a good ballad and loves the stones had me shut it off halfway through (which was good - i was about to anyway!).
July 23rd, 2005 12:06 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
My wife said SOL was cute and she likes it. RJ she definately likes. Now she is mocking me, I-I-I-I'm going to the grocery store.

Your wife is a keeper, fucking hilarious.....
[Edited by Scottfree]
July 23rd, 2005 12:07 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
T&A wrote:
i think you guys are lowering your standards. this is pure shit. period. even my wife, who loves a good ballad and loves the stones had me shut it off halfway through (which was good - i was about to anyway!).

STANDARDS????
Trust me it will sound better when it's wacked onto a CD and not some download onto a computer which is a best tinny!

My standards are pretty high and I feel that I haven't lowered them!
July 23rd, 2005 12:16 PM
exile I think they are both great tracks

beat anything on B2b by a fucking mile

Im so stoked
July 23rd, 2005 12:22 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
exile wrote:
I think they are both great tracks

beat anything on B2b by a fucking mile

Im so stoked

I think they maybe on a level with B2B but not better.
Maybe they need a few more listens over the next few weeks for me to make a better judgement on that.?
July 23rd, 2005 12:23 PM
Mr D
have to say, i think its one of the worst Stones songs i can recall

having said that, i firmly believe its a solo Jagger leftover. there's no way Keef had anything to do with it i'm sure

shame :o(
July 23rd, 2005 12:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG Jaggerlips; I can't say I Love this song, but I found myself humming it in the shower! Hey Guys! This is BRAND NEW Stones. We should be thankful they still want to write new music. And all the comments about the lyrics of these two songs kill me. After all, the 500+ old Stones songs can't really be considered "lyrical masterpieces"!! I am just going to sit back and enjoy what my favorite Rock and Roll Band delivers, and skip the songs I don't like and crank up the ones I do!!!!
July 23rd, 2005 12:52 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Jaggerlips; I can't say I Love this song, but I found myself humming it in the shower! Hey Guys! This is BRAND NEW Stones. We should be thankful they still want to write new music. And all the comments about the lyrics of these two songs kill me. After all, the 500+ old Stones songs can't really be considered "lyrical masterpieces"!! I am just going to sit back and enjoy what my favorite Rock and Roll Band delivers, and skip the songs I don't like and crank up the ones I do!!!!

Good attitude to have PartyDoll MEG, can't understand all this criticism at the moment.
Maybe people are expecting something completely out of this world what with it been so long 1997 since their last album so expectations are now a lot higher than if they would have been if the album was released maybe 2 years after their previous one?
Just a thought.
July 23rd, 2005 01:17 PM
T&A
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

STANDARDS????
Trust me it will sound better when it's wacked onto a CD and not some download onto a computer which is a best tinny!

good songs don't need a good stereo. jjf sounds great on a tinny radio.
July 23rd, 2005 01:47 PM
Soldatti SOL is not bad, it's an average song (6/10) but no way in hell that this is the first single, it's a TERRIBLE mistake.
An album filler ok, NOT A SINGLE.
July 23rd, 2005 02:20 PM
jb
quote:
T&A wrote:
i think you guys are lowering your standards. this is pure shit. period. even my wife, who loves a good ballad and loves the stones had me shut it off halfway through (which was good - i was about to anyway!).

I know we hate each other, but we can agree on this..pure shit is too kind....and if Live Licks sold about 70k in the US, this will be lucky to break 500k.....
July 23rd, 2005 02:23 PM
T&A
quote:
jb wrote:
I know we hate each other, but we can agree on this..pure shit is too kind....and if Live Licks sold about 70k in the US, this will be lucky to break 500k.....

you're beginning to grow on me, JB - unlike Streets of Shit. who knows, maybe i'll be greeted someday after all....
July 23rd, 2005 02:33 PM
Mr D
"An album filler ok, NOT A SINGLE"

surely that says it all. no decent album should have 'filler' material

if its not up to scratch it should be left in the vaults
July 23rd, 2005 04:36 PM
JaggerLips I WANT TO MARRY THIS SONG JUST FOR THE I I I I I I I Is!

Mick I love you, always have always will!

I WALKED THE STREETS OF LOVE FOR A THOUSAND YEARS
July 23rd, 2005 04:45 PM
hotlicks BETTER THAN ANGIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DRINKING MATE????????????????????????
July 23rd, 2005 04:56 PM
lotsajizz great song....great lyrics, the naysayers can go on andf listen to Creed or Kings of Leon or some such shit
July 23rd, 2005 05:12 PM
texile T&A - i love your objectivity......
sometimes i think i'm being a hard-ass -
but no GODAMMIT! is it wrong to expect lyrical and musical quality.....not just to say, 'its not too bad' or 'its growing on me' -
the lyrics are contrived and the music weak..........
i just bought the new ry cooder release and it's fucking amazing - why should we expect less from the stones?
tell me that....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)