ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: too close for comfort Return to archive
July 22nd, 2005 09:33 PM
kath i was e mailing my best friend here this morning, talking about something or other,a nd suddenly she stopped e mailing me. i thought she had gone to the store or something. 4 hours later she e mails me saying while talking to me on the computer, she heard a loud THUMP in her kitchen. she thought it was her cats knocking stuff over, but she got up from computer room and walked into her living room. there were 2 men robbing her house!!! they say her and thankfully just grabbed her purse and ran, and she chased them outside. got a minimal description of their car. a while later the purse was found thrown in a ditch and she got her SS card back, but missing 20 bucks and a couple credit cards. they had kicked the back door in so violently that the dead boldt flew across the room.

what kind of world is this, anyway??
July 22nd, 2005 09:35 PM
pdog
quote:
kath wrote:
i was e mailing my best friend here this morning, talking about something or other,a nd suddenly she stopped e mailing me. i thought she had gone to the store or something. 4 hours later she e mails me saying while talking to me on the computer, she heard a loud THUMP in her kitchen. she thought it was her cats knocking stuff over, but she got up from computer room and walked into her living room. there were 2 men robbing her house!!! they say her and thankfully just grabbed her purse and ran, and she chased them outside. got a minimal description of their car. a while later the purse was found thrown in a ditch and she got her SS card back, but missing 20 bucks and a couple credit cards. they had kicked the back door in so violently that the dead boldt flew across the room.

what kind of world is this, anyway??

One that you need to own a gun for. glad she's allright... I would've put a cap in both off their asses, not to kill either. I would let them live only to hunt them down occasionally for sport!
July 22nd, 2005 09:57 PM
kath unfuckinbelievable. they could have killed her.

July 22nd, 2005 10:06 PM
gypsy Unfortunately, that stuff happens everyday...no matter where one lives.
The fact that our economy is in the shits does not help.
July 22nd, 2005 10:07 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Unfortunately, that stuff happens everyday...no matter where one lives.

And you voted for?????????????

HeHeheHe

LJ.
July 22nd, 2005 10:20 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Unfortunately, that stuff happens everyday...no matter where one lives.

99% chance this robbery was for drug money
[Edited by telecaster]
July 22nd, 2005 10:25 PM
gypsy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

99% chance this robbery was for drug money
[Edited by telecaster]

We MUST stop the production of crystal meth! It is going to destroy society as we know it.

tele, why aren't you on the Couch?
July 22nd, 2005 10:25 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Please. 99% chance this robbery was for drug money

Tele it's pretty bad here. Was getting a burritto with my daughter around 11 pm the other night after Beck. We ordered and were waiting to head back home. It was pretty busy in the neighborhood for a Monday night. I saw it coming, told my daughter shit was about to jump off and it did. Some lil' gangsta dude was talking shit to a boarder brother. He hauled off a fired a quick punch on dudes nose. My daughter was wide eyed. It was funny b/c a few hours earlier this pretty little blonda offspring of mine was telling me how she has street smarts. She's been living in Plano TX since she was 3. She was right by my side the one block walk back home. I've been noticing alot of violence and crime. Drugs for sure, drug crime is out of control. I've also been seeing alot of random violence and rage on the road and on the streets. Even the little old ladies are off the hook. I think everyone is up a few notches on the I have it up to here meters.
July 22nd, 2005 10:29 PM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

And you voted for?????????????

HeHeheHe

LJ.

I refuse to discuss politics on this board, as it gives FPM an opportunity to rear his ugly head.
July 22nd, 2005 10:34 PM
telecaster I hear ya pdog

Crazy shit

gypsy is right about that meth too. That stuff is bad news
July 22nd, 2005 10:35 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I refuse to discuss politics on this board, as it gives FPM an opportunity to rear his ugly head.

I need to be like you!
July 22nd, 2005 10:37 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:

I need to be like you!

You are one of my favorites, Pdog.
So is tele.
July 22nd, 2005 10:39 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:
I hear ya pdog

Crazy shit

gypsy is right about that meth too. That stuff is bad news

Speed is out of control in SF. , I mean really bad. That shit is just wrong. It's so bad for you and the lifestyle is going to kill you. At least with heroin, the drug itself isn't as hard on the body, it's just the lifestyle that can run you down. Weed and acid are the best way to go... IMHO! I've never scene someone turn a trick for a hit of acid or a joint. i'm sure it's happened, but crack,meth and heroin... People just get pathetic. It's sad. Oh well, better them than us!
July 22nd, 2005 10:47 PM
Poplar
Yall know where i stand on that.
July 22nd, 2005 10:48 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:

Speed is out of control in SF. , I mean really bad. That shit is just wrong. It's so bad for you and the lifestyle is going to kill you. At least with heroin, the drug itself isn't as hard on the body, it's just the lifestyle that can run you down. Weed and acid are the best way to go... IMHO! I've never scene someone turn a trick for a hit of acid or a joint. i'm sure it's happened, but crack,meth and heroin... People just get pathetic. It's sad. Oh well, better them than us!

My doctor's son is now a major meth addict. This guy is 6'4" and had model good looks. He was strikingly handsome.
He has deteriorated so badly due to meth that I didn't even recognize him recently. He looks at least ten years older than I. This young man had the world in the palm of his hands, and ruined it with meth. Just last week, he stole all of his dad's guns and pawned them for money to buy meth. There's no hope for him. Everyone has tried everything for him.
July 22nd, 2005 10:55 PM
kath meth is a huge problem here too. meth houses gut busted every couple weeks. AND THE VIOLENCE GROWS....

a 21 year old kid i knew and thought a lot of was blown in half by a double barrled sawd off shotgun blast about a month or so ago. over nuthin', really...over some girl.
he was a good kid, hung with a bad crowd...

it's very scarey out there these days....
July 22nd, 2005 10:59 PM
gypsy A fellow Radiographer with whom I worked while on a travel assignment was eight-months pregnant and shooting up meth. She was not a white trash redneck either. Her parents are millionaires, and she makes a good living herself. I do not know what happened to the baby or if it was ever born. I could easily call someone from that hospital and ask, but I don't think I want to know the outcome. It depresses me severely just to think of that unborn child.
July 22nd, 2005 11:16 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:
A fellow Radiographer with whom I worked while on a travel assignment was eight-months pregnant and shooting up meth. She was not a white trash redneck either. Her parents are millionaires, and she makes a good living herself. I do not know what happened to the baby or if it was ever born. I could easily call someone from that hospital and ask, but I don't think I want to know the outcome. It depresses me severely just to think of that unborn child.

I thank god everyday I'm clean! I don't even really believe in god, but I thank her everyday regardless!
July 23rd, 2005 12:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:

We MUST stop the production of crystal meth! It is going to destroy society as we know it.

Yeah....but it's a great high.
July 23rd, 2005 01:13 PM
kath well, i admit i did more than my share of crystal in the olden days...but the "great high" hardly justifies what people are doing to get hold of it. it's a bad problem.
July 23rd, 2005 01:17 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You are one of my favorites, Pdog.
So is tele.

so's Franco
July 23rd, 2005 07:07 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I hate you with every fiber of my being.

Not really. That was a JB-ism.
July 23rd, 2005 07:34 PM
Taptrick
My economy ain't in the shits. It was when I saw national 17% inflation. It was when the unemplyment rate hit double digits. It was when returns on my investments went south. Thankfully that is not my situation now.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)