ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rough Justice Rocks, Streets of Love SUCKS!!! Return to archive
July 22nd, 2005 06:16 PM
Poison Dart Rough Justice is a great tune. But as good as RJ is Streets of Love is that bad.

The Stones have lost their fucking minds if they are putting Streets of Love out as a single instead of Rough Justice or Oh,No Not You Again.

Streets of Love sounds exactly like Brand New Set of Rules from Goddess in the Doorway.

It would be ok as filler on a decent album. But as a lead single?

I'm not anti ballad either. I just think that song is weak for the Stones.

On the other hand Rough Justice blew me away. It's much tougher than anything on 40 licks. While not up to Exile or Sticky Fingers standards it could easily stand side to side with songs like Crazy Momma or Let me Go.

If I had just heard Rough Justice today and Oh,Not Not You Again from a couple of months ago I would have said the new album could be great.

BUT, Streets of Love KILLED my day.

Does anybody know if SOL is the single?

If it is, it will kill the record.
July 22nd, 2005 06:20 PM
Some Guy it's awfully bad!
July 22nd, 2005 06:21 PM
T&A that's the word - at least in Europe. Perhaps US will be spared this awful fate...one can only hope. I have a pretty open mind when it comes to the Stones - I really liked 3 of the 4 new ones on 40Licks (loved LMT)...but I cannot for the life of me understand how ANY STONES FAN could like SOL. I'm not putting anyone down by that remark, but I really believe this song is among the worst drivel that any Stone has ever been associated with.
July 22nd, 2005 06:48 PM
Poison Dart It's like Mick is positioning the Stones to get air play like Rob Thomas.

This is the type of middle of the road rock song that get's played on American radio.

It makes me wonder if this is a calculated move on Mick's part to get airplay in the States.
July 22nd, 2005 06:50 PM
gotdablouse You guys should cool off and listen to SOL a few more times, it's not THAT bad and certainly brings some new phrasings by Mick, new chords and a really good hook.
Honestly I don't give a damn if it's the first single or not, radios haven't played Stones singles since...er Undercover I guess so who cares.
July 22nd, 2005 06:53 PM
T&A
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
You guys should cool off and listen to SOL a few more times, it's not THAT bad

YOU'RE RIGHT. IT'S WORSE THAN BAD. I may never listen to it again and that will be too soon. Listen to SOL again? Make me!
July 22nd, 2005 06:56 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
T&A wrote:
but I really believe this song is among the worst drivel that any Stone has ever been associated with.

drivil, exactly!

and that's putting it nice

it's like I've been waitin 2 - 3 years wondering what the Stones next song was going to sound like, and they go and drop SOL on us

all this anticipation and then WHAM-O!

It hurt

I've tried to give it another chance today, but I can't sit through it, it's terrible

it would sound really great on a Mick solo album though...

on the other hand, Rjustice is justifiably damn good

July 22nd, 2005 06:59 PM
T&A well I wish my disappointment could be alleviated by RJ, but I'm just not that keen on it either unfortunately. Luckily, my expectations overall for the album were set appropriately low - but even with that SOL surprised me in its insipidness.
July 22nd, 2005 07:02 PM
pdog
quote:
T&A wrote:

YOU'RE RIGHT. IT'S WORSE THAN BAD. I may never listen to it again and that will be too soon. Listen to SOL again? Make me!

WOW! How do you really feel? LOL!
Jb liked RJ, he's just to pussy to admit it. Instead he says SOL sucks so bad he can't listen to RJ. Bullshit. He can't stand the fact The Stones are rocking hard and it's good and we love it! all he wants is failure for them. That just sucks.
Rough Justice will be the single, it will get them attention they haven't seen since the early 80's.
DUDE! The kids like it! They really do! Fuck the ballads. SOL might not even make the album. I bet their testing the waters. CD's will be pressed soon, so they can test the waters. The ballad is ok IMO. BUT!!! I see why so many hate it. Jagger needs these ballads, it's part of his process as an artist. This is what has gotten him more pussy than planned parenthood... It's what he is. Just like Jb is what he is, a lame ass Stones hater!!!
[Edited by Roe V. Wade]
[Edited by pdog]
July 22nd, 2005 07:05 PM
pdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

on the other hand, Rjustice is justifiably damn good

That's it, stay positive. Rough justice kicks ass, and it will get better... Music does that, it gets better with time. If it didn't no one would listen to Exile anymore, let alone love it soooooo much!
July 22nd, 2005 07:07 PM
pdog
quote:
pdog wrote:

That's it, stay positive. Rough justice kicks ass, and it will get better... Music does that, it gets better with time. If it didn't no one would listen to Exile anymore, let alone love it soooooo much!
If you hate SOL, it will at best be tolerable. The jury is out on it for me, I want to really hear it. It's at least as good as Rainbows or Suffering, so I'll let it flow if it makes the album.

Big oops... Meant to edit the first post...not double post. I'm so excited I'm typing with my drool.
[Edited by pdog]
July 22nd, 2005 07:17 PM
M.O.W.A.T. SOL would have been a great tune had the letters stood for Shit Outta Luck!
July 22nd, 2005 07:23 PM
Flashpoint According to Jagger he makes solo albums because there's some things he coudn't do with the Stones....so Mick....what's this?
Keys to your love was good....SOL it isn't
July 22nd, 2005 07:25 PM
T&A sorry Pdog - but they've already announced SOL as the single - so it's definitely on the album.
July 22nd, 2005 07:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
pdog wrote:
Rough Justice will be the single, it will get them attention they haven't seen since the early 80's.
DUDE! The kids like it! They really do! Fuck the ballads.

Agreed.
July 22nd, 2005 07:46 PM
Bloozehound from the way it sounds its pretty official, SOL will be the single

so were SOL too

shit

out of

luck
July 22nd, 2005 07:48 PM
Some Guy We all got Punk'd
July 22nd, 2005 08:45 PM
Madafaka I don't know if SOL sucks, but I love RJ!
July 22nd, 2005 11:18 PM
sammy davis jr. In all honesty, what did you guys expect? Another Let It Loose? This is the fit uptight Mick, not the reefer smoking boozing Mick. Rough Justice rocks nice-lyrically nothing, but who cares, it's just rock and roll.
July 23rd, 2005 02:26 AM
Child of the Moon Pdog, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters!

July 23rd, 2005 07:35 AM
Jeep I really hope that they'll choose a catchy cover like this one to help the sales of the single SOL, the 8th wonder of the world :

July 23rd, 2005 07:40 AM
lotsajizz hasn't anyone LISTENED to the lyrics of SOL? it ain't what you think you nay-sayers
July 23rd, 2005 07:55 AM
JaggerLips Why all this negativity surrounding this song?
Haven't listened to it all yet but I LIKE IT!
July 23rd, 2005 10:53 AM
Bitch Streets of Love

You’re awful bright
You’re awful smart
I must admitt,
you broke my heart

The awful truth
is really sad
I must admit
I was awful bad

While lovers laugh
and music plays
I stumble by
and I have my pain

Um! the lamps are lit
the moon is gone
I’ve think I’ve crossed
the “ruby car???”(not sure)

CHORUS

I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . I’ve

Walked the streets of love
and they’re full of tears

and they’re full of fears

While music pumps
from passing cars
a couple watch me from a bar
a band just played the wedding march

July 23rd, 2005 11:32 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Streets of Love

You’re awful bright
You’re awful smart
I must admitt,
you broke my heart

The awful truth
is really sad
I must admit
I was awful bad

While lovers laugh
and music plays
I stumble by
and I have my pain

Um! the lamps are lit
the moon is gone
I’ve think I’ve crossed
the Rubicon

CHORUS

and they’re full of tears

and they’re full of fears

While music pumps
from passing cars
a couple watch me from a bar
a band just played the wedding march

Edited lyrics by JaggerLips
July 23rd, 2005 12:28 PM
Mr D
totally agree with the post topic

Rough Justice - brought a HUGE grin to my face. its exactly everything i want from a new Stones song. its raw, its messy, it rocks and it rolls!. along with Oh No Not You Again its given me hope that the new album will be a corker

Streets Of Love - on the otherhand soon but a dampner on my mood. i can't believe how crap it is. i've nowt against ballads or slow songs when they're good. but this is just BAD. it has nothing redeeming about it at all (IMO). except for Jagger's vocals. its so middle of the road its offensive

i pray they see sense and bin it

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)