ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what should I do? (please help) Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 22nd, 2005 11:44 AM
Saint Sway as a devoted/hardcore Stones freak, I am desperate to hear the new "Streets of Love" single.

but...

as I read the APPALLING reviews of the song on this board, I am actually frightened to listen to it

so I ask you....

am I better off to give in to my Stones freak urge and listen to the song?

OR... - is this song so utterly Mick-solo/sappy-ballad/horriffic/weak-ass/poppy crap that I am better off avoiding it at all costs??

please advice accordingly

thank you
July 22nd, 2005 11:44 AM
Moonisup don't listen to it
July 22nd, 2005 11:46 AM
jb [quote]Saint Sway wrote:
as a devoted/hardcore Stones freak, I am desperate to hear the new "Streets of Love" single.

but...

as I read the APPALLING reviews of the song on this board, I am actually frightened to listen to it

so I ask you....

am I better off to give in to my Stones freak urge and listen to the song?

OR... - is this song so utterly Mick-solo/sappy-ballad/horriffic/weak-ass/poppy crap that I am better off avoiding it at all costs??

please advice accordingly

thank you
[/quote

If you ever want to have any respect for their legacy, skip it!!!! The most horrible song I have ever heard.
[Edited by jb]
July 22nd, 2005 11:48 AM
Poplar
listen to it, and question everything you think you know.

then - listen to RJ - and forget all about it.

a horrible juxtaposition of krap and beaty.
July 22nd, 2005 12:19 PM
corgi37 Dont listen to it.
July 22nd, 2005 12:28 PM
pdog you have to listen to it and decide for yourself. Don't let others tell you what you should like or not like. It's great to get a gauge for the song. BUT!!! I'm also of the opinion that most of the people who say it sucks, were talking smack about the tour and saying this album sucked even before they heard it. SOL is ok. It's a typical Stones ballad, no more no less. Like I've posted a bunch already I want to hear it for real and not in Mp3. The sound quality is so poor that it's missing alot of the production quality, especially some cool guitar work that you can't hear well in this quality. RJ is a rocking tune, something I'm glad to have this teaser of, but it's just a teaser.
Decide for yourself. Like Chris Rock said, anyone who has their mind made up before hearing about something is a fool. When it comes to crime I'm a conservative. When it comes to prostitution I'm liberal. When it comes to The stones I'm a fan. Listen now, listen later and get the CD and then we can really hear how well they made this record. Which I'm thinking is going to sound pretty sweet on my stereo at home and in the car. These Mp3's aren't even worth decompressing to wav files and burning, they're pretty crappy Mp3 files. No one seems to take that into consideration, so that tells me alof of the haters don't know shit about good sound not to mention music. I trust Moonies opinion and I'm hoping to dose him and play the entire record for him soon.
July 22nd, 2005 12:31 PM
mac_daddy

listen to it - it is not that bad...

both tunes are better than "dont stop" (now i remember feeling like someone socked me in the gut when i firts heard it)...

now hopefully we wont be treated to streets of love each night this tour, but i would rather hear it than anybody seen my baby (with that horrid rap)...

and rough justice is pretty solid...

_____

and as an aside, if you want to hear mp3 artifacts, listen to the way the cymbals sound all washy and bell-like (ringing). that is why some of us are so against using mp3 or lossy formats - you can hear a difference. now i am not bitching, but rather pointing it out so those who are curious can hear i, because the artifacts are very pronounced on these mp3s...

big thanks to the nordic stones who posted the mp3s - i was thrilled to hear the new songs, and dont worrya bout the naysayers - many of them would bitch no matter what is released...

July 22nd, 2005 12:39 PM
scratched You might as well listen to it Saint Sway, you're not gonna be able to avoid it forever!

Good point about the quality of the encoding though; you might be able to judge it better when you hear it on the album or (I can only hope) b-side.
July 22nd, 2005 12:41 PM
jb I beg you not to listen...it totally sucks!!! It is the worst song I have ever listened to.....don't do it!!!
July 22nd, 2005 12:52 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I beg you not to listen...it totally sucks!!! It is the worst song I have ever listened to.....don't do it!!!

Is there a way to avoid your posts? It's so obvious you hate The Stones. Are you going to go see them? I really hope you don't go to NYC, just knowing you're in the same building filled with such hate for them, I may need to call security to have you removed.
July 22nd, 2005 12:54 PM
Moonisup
quote:
pdog wrote:

Is there a way to avoid your posts? It's so obvious you hate The Stones. Are you going to go see them? I really hope you don't go to NYC, just knowing you're in the same building filled with such hate for them, I may need to call security to have you removed.

jb is a great guy
July 22nd, 2005 12:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

jb is a great guy

and a shitty music fan and the lamest Stones fan.
July 22nd, 2005 12:58 PM
telecaster
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

jb is a great guy

jb is the Chuck Levell of Stones message boards
July 22nd, 2005 12:59 PM
Moonisup
quote:
telecaster wrote:

that's also true, but I don't know if josh fucks turkeys
July 22nd, 2005 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

and a shitty music fan and the lamest Stones fan.

I truly hate you and Mac Daddy.
July 22nd, 2005 01:02 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

not really...

chuck has talent...

the talent might be overshadowed by the fact that he is loud and overbearing, but the man is talented nonetheless...

so unless you ARE referring to the turkey action, or the loud and overbearing part, i see no similarities...
July 22nd, 2005 01:04 PM
jb I truly hate Pdog and Mac Daddy...I woul drather fuck a turkey then meet them.
July 22nd, 2005 01:04 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

My insider sources tell me you're an idiot.
July 22nd, 2005 01:06 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

My insider sources tell me you're an idiot.

The West Coast attack has started early.....my inside source says fucking my dead grandma's corpse would be more pleasurable than meeting you or Mac Daddy.
July 22nd, 2005 01:07 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I truly hate Pdog and Mac Daddy...I woul drather fuck a turkey then meet them.

My insider sources tell me Voodoopug can arrange for you to greet a turkey.
No Joeys were injured in the making of this post!
July 22nd, 2005 01:09 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
The West Coast attack has started early.....my inside source says fucking my dead grandma's corpse would be more pleasurable than meeting you or Mac Daddy.

Fucking the dead posts on a Friday... All insiders are now quiet...
When you fuck dead relatives do you cum on them or in them? Just wondering, since you brought it up!
July 22nd, 2005 01:10 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:

Is that just a "JB-ism"?

Just wondering!
July 22nd, 2005 01:11 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

I DO know but I've been sworn to secrecy. Sorry!
July 22nd, 2005 01:15 PM
pdog
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

quote:
I DO know but I've been sworn to secrecy. Sorry!

I wonder!!!
If Josh would fuck a dead turkey and call it grandma.
July 22nd, 2005 01:16 PM
Moonisup come on guys, don't get nasty
July 22nd, 2005 01:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
come on guys, don't get nasty

i agree.

btw, was josh every thanked for making a recent donation to the childrens hospital?

July 22nd, 2005 01:24 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
come on guys, don't get nasty

y'know moonisup, i agree, but go back (now before jb edits/deletes everything). not only did jb START the antagonism on this thread, he is also the one, and the only one, who got nasty (talking about his own urges towards bestiality and necrophilia and incest). now watch him turn around and cry - "people are picking on me. nobody likes me. why am i attacked..?"

from where i sit - people pick on that guy alot LESS than they should (and much less than he deserves); very few like him because of his demeanor and behavior and attitude, and he is often attacked because he posts inflammatory sh*t, looking for the attention, which is why i dont take the bait very often, because it is what he wants...

carry on...
July 22nd, 2005 01:25 PM
Nellcote It's Rough Justice for ya........
July 22nd, 2005 01:25 PM
Moonisup I know, I know, you have got a point, but it's all so un interesting what he writes most of the time, that it's funny to see some guys reacting to it. That's why he does that!
July 22nd, 2005 01:30 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I know, I know, you have got a point, but it's all so un interesting what he writes most of the time, that it's funny to see some guys reacting to it. That's why he does that!

Thanks Dutch Rik!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)