ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SOL Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 22nd, 2005 12:49 PM
Joey
The tour / album is a bust !

..............ss

[ Edited by Keef ]
[Edited by Joey]
July 22nd, 2005 12:49 PM
Jeep According the german site Highwire, Streets of Love IS the single and will be released in USA on 08.22.2005.
Damned !

http://www.highwire-therollingstones.de/
July 22nd, 2005 12:55 PM
texile
quote:
T&A wrote:
the new album has to have MUCH better songs than these two. But, then, again, my hopes have never been too high. I believe there's such a thing as the "muse" - and if it's not there, then no amount of "will" or "desire" can initiate creativity in song-writing (or any art form for that matter). I contend the muse deserted the glimmers after 1977...they still haven't found it. These two songs more or less prove that.

well said t&A, i agree completely!
if you ain't inspired or challenged...........
nothing can light a creative fire under your ass;
what the fuck happened after some girls, maybe tattoo?
jagger's creative spark died......
July 22nd, 2005 01:07 PM
texile
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

agreed T&A...see my comments on another thread about wishing there was something at stake - a necessary ingredient to any valuable work of art (or science)

that's why i say the keith ballads still count - at least he sounds like he cares about what he's on about(vide:Slipping Away)

stonedinAustralia and T&A - you guys summed it up so well for me.....
i haven't heard the the songs yet, but i keep seeing the reference to new set of rules, and THAT worries the shit out of me - buzz-kill is right!
tell me this? does it compare with - anyway you look at it?
i mean - is it THAT bad? cos, holy shit.........
July 22nd, 2005 01:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

I would say it's just as good and just like all those ballads and a bunch of others. Wild Horses is the only real standout among Stones ballads. What other band could even begin to boast of this back catalog. It's The Stones, they always sound like The Stones and do Stones type things, I'm not sure what people are expecting from them. They either want Some girls or Exile Pt. II or something so different that no one has done in rock and roll. I'm not sure but it's idiotic to put such high expectations on anything, you'll always be dissapointed. Stones rock and they're making new music. It's the same fuckers that bitched we didn't get anything new who are now pissing and moaning that The Stones made a record. FUCKING LOSERS! All you's. If you had any taste in music Josh, besides Stones bashing, you might be worth talking about music with BUT!!! unfortunately you live in a box and have zero diversity and that alone makes you a pitiful music fan. It's a shame. By your own admission you've the most limited musical taste of anyone who posts reguarly on any Stones board. Yet at the same time you are the biggest critic. In my book and many others that just makes you a stupid asshole with a big mouth!
Even my dead puppy, sparky the hydrant humper, won't greet you, You loser bastard. Get bakc to posting your mindless dribble about all your money and give us weather updates and how to keep ourselves safe in a heatwave, you're such a weepy little dribble dick. Fuck you make me laugh! Cocky arrogant and like Pugsy you have this great knack for stating the obvious like it's some original or unique observation. I can't wait to hear about your Stones experience this tour. Just knowing how let down you'll be gives me a hard on.

Many find my "breaking stories" helpful and insightful. Remember, I stated the true release date of the album, announced the press conference location, date, and proposed set list to the board.

Your quest to top Josh's list is in full force.

I am told that you are having computer troubles on your end that does not allow you to utilize the fantastic and fan friendly RS.com. I have found that many of the problems have been fixed by using Netscape as opposed to IE. I hope this info helps. I would be humiliated if i was unable to access the "Virtual Ticket" and i do not want you to have the same feeling!
July 22nd, 2005 01:21 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Many find my "breaking stories" helpful and insightful. Remember, I stated the true release date of the album, announced the press conference location, date, and proposed set list to the board.

Your quest to top Josh's list is in full force.

I am told that you are having computer troubles on your end that does not allow you to utilize the fantastic and fan friendly RS.com. I have found that many of the problems have been fixed by using Netscape as opposed to IE. I hope this info helps. I would be humiliated if i was unable to access the "Virtual Ticket" and i do not want you to have the same feeling!

Well dipshit, you got it wrong. I have many memberships and haven't used them all to purchase tickets, that is the one I was talking about. Have no problems accessing virtual ticket otherwise. RS.com sucks. Glad to see you can read other boars and post stuff here like your some kinda of "special person". I'm impressed, really. I'm impressed.
Do you fuck the dead?
July 22nd, 2005 01:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

Well dipshit, you got it wrong. I have many memberships and haven't used them all to purchase tickets, that is the one I was talking about. Have no problems accessing virtual ticket otherwise. RS.com sucks. Glad to see you can read other boars and post stuff here like your some kinda of "special person". I'm impressed, really. I'm impressed.
Do you fuck the dead?

I am glad i impressed you, as my true goal is to seek your approval. Sadly, i felt bad seeing as how the rarely present rs.com staff had publically said it was "your problem" not theirs, grossly humiliating you. You tried raising a ruckus there and were swiftly shut down as your information has been proven false. (ie refund policy)

I had planned on shaking your hand this tour as I an known to go out of my way to make outcasts feel welcome. Sadly, you have not been accepted here at RO and feel you must resort to name calling. Desperate acts from a desperate man. I will not shake your hand, you will now be the guy who walks up to others conversations and laughs along with them in hopes of being included.

July 22nd, 2005 01:35 PM
jb I will greet many Butterbowl and Carolina turkeys this tour.
July 22nd, 2005 01:36 PM
kath who the fuck is he and why is he abusing everybody here???
goddamn....
July 22nd, 2005 01:40 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
who the fuck is he and why is he abusing everybody here???
goddamn....

??????
July 22nd, 2005 01:41 PM
kath you know, josh..."HIM"....(pd???)
July 22nd, 2005 01:42 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
you know, josh..."HIM"....(pd???)

I don't know Kath...I simply don't know. Maybe from another board?
July 22nd, 2005 01:45 PM
kath kind of a prick....
July 22nd, 2005 01:45 PM
BILL PERKS streets of love is growing on me..SO FUCK ALL Y'ALL
July 22nd, 2005 01:47 PM
T&A
quote:
texile wrote:

tell me this? does it compare with - anyway you look at it?
i mean - is it THAT bad? cos, holy shit.........

If you can believe it - it's worse. Has that horrid Jagger "affected" vocal mannerism where he over-enunciates each syllable. I haven't often said I hated a Stones song - but right out of bed (literally) I can tell you I HATE THIS SONG. And Rough Justice is just a tired re-tread, meaning that ONNYA is the best of the 3 new ones I've heard - and I wasn't exactly doing cartwheels over that one!
July 22nd, 2005 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
kind of a prick....

He seems not to like me?
July 22nd, 2005 01:49 PM
jb
quote:
T&A wrote:

If you can believe it - it's worse. Has that horrid Jagger "affected" vocal mannerism where he over-enunciates each syllable. I haven't often said I hated a Stones song - but right out of bed (literally) I can tell you I HATE THIS SONG. And Rough Justice is just a tired re-tread, meaning that ONNYA is the best of the 3 new ones I've heard - and I wasn't exactly doing cartwheels over that one!

We hate eachother, but agree on this....this is the worst song I have ever heard!!!! ONNYA also sucked..I won't even listen to the other one..I'm sureit is getting ood reviews ad it can't get much worse than this..
July 22nd, 2005 01:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
streets of love is growing on me..SO FUCK ALL Y'ALL

We shall alwayys share the bond of raising faithful loyal pugs! The song is starting to grow on me a bit too...dont care for it as a single, but it could be a nice album track and a cool treat live.
July 22nd, 2005 01:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
I will greet many Butterbowl and Carolina turkeys this tour.

Butterball and Carolina are trefe!

I suggest only having sex with a completely thawed
(or better yet, fresh) Empire Kosher or Hebrew National turkey.

Don't forget the pupicks!
July 22nd, 2005 01:54 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We shall alwayys share the bond of raising faithful loyal pugs! The song is starting to grow on me a bit too...dont care for it as a single, but it could be a nice album track and a cool treat live.

Pugs make people happy....
July 22nd, 2005 01:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Pugs make people happy....

I will be unavailable for posting after 2:34PM CDT until SUnday night as I will be taking the family on a weekend getaway. Please govern yourselves accoridingly.
July 22nd, 2005 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I will be unavailable for posting after 2:34PM CDT until SUnday night as I will be taking the family on a weekend getaway. Please govern yourselves accoridingly.

I am leaving for haircut in 40 minutes and shall be unavailable as well...................................ss'
July 22nd, 2005 02:04 PM
kath quick!! get out the crisco and roll back the carpets, everybody!!!
July 22nd, 2005 02:05 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
quick!! get out the crisco and roll back the carpets, everybody!!!

Wild stuff kath(in Johnny Carson voice)!!!
July 22nd, 2005 02:19 PM
kath and heeeeeeere's joshy!!!
July 22nd, 2005 02:38 PM
Joey
" quick!! get out the crisco and roll back the carpets, everybody!!! "

" Now that is a little ' skewed ' ..........
......don't you agree Ed ?!?! "

YESSIR !!!!!!!!! ( In Ed McMahon Voice )

" Ho ! .... Ho ! ..... Ho ! "

July 22nd, 2005 02:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

" quick!! get out the crisco and roll back the carpets, everybody!!! "

" Now that is a little ' skewed ' ..........
......don't you agree Ed ?!?! "

YESSIR !!!!!!!!! ( In Ed McMahon Voice )

" Ho ! .... Ho ! ..... Ho ! "

DO you think Ed knows the ADDA technique?

July 22nd, 2005 03:23 PM
Nellcote I will wave a Bic lighter at Fenway when SOL is played!
July 22nd, 2005 03:57 PM
LadyJane It's growing on me!!

It really really is!!

LJ.
July 22nd, 2005 03:59 PM
Nellcote It's The Stones, dammit!
LJ, shall I bring a BIC for you also?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)