ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SOL Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 22nd, 2005 10:30 AM
jb "This is , arguably, the worst song I have ever heard in my life.
It is clearly leftover manure from GITDW. How a guy who wrote some of the most prolific rock lyrics in history can release this excrement is beyond me......I just can't defend anything they do anymore.....we have heard so many songs like this since SW's..sickening, sappy, effiminate music that no one will listen to. I admit it, I can totally understand why people would chose U2 over this crap.............................This is about as disappointing as it ..................................ss"
[Edited by jb]
July 22nd, 2005 10:37 AM
Maxlugar [quote]jb wrote:
..sickening, sappy, effiminate music that no one will listen to. "

Well don't just sit there!

Put on some Flat-front Jill Sander slacks, tie a polo sweater loosely around your shoulders, crank it up and do the Twitch!

July 22nd, 2005 10:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I think you've been listening to your Macca records too much lately JB.
July 22nd, 2005 10:43 AM
Jumacfly hopefully JB ,RJ seems to be the first single...
what do you think about this one ?
July 22nd, 2005 10:44 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
hopefully JB ,RJ seems to be the first single...
what do you think about this one ?

I will not listen to it after hearing SOL....I don't think I can take much more.....
July 22nd, 2005 10:46 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
I will not listen to it after hearing SOL....I don't think I can take much more.....

you should.it's a good rocker...
Funny how it was the civil war on stones board after the first SOL broadcating
now people seems ok !
July 22nd, 2005 10:51 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
"This is , arguably, the worst song I have ever heard in my life.
It is clearly leftover manure from GITDW. How a guy who wrote some of the most prolific rock lyrics in history can release this excrement is beyond me......I just can't defend anything they do anymore.....we have heard so many songs like this since SW's..sickening, sappy, effiminate music that no one will listen to. I admit it, I can totally understand why people would chose U2 over this crap.............................This is about as disappointing as it ..................................ss"
[Edited by jb]

I can only assume that you used ADDA?

I suspect you Assessed your first listen of SOL. Decided not to listen anyfurther, Dictated your plan on the board, and too the action of inaction....good use of ADDA. you are missing out on a good song, but you must hold true to your values.

buzz kill!
July 22nd, 2005 10:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

.... but you must hold true to your values.

July 22nd, 2005 11:01 AM
FOURCHETTE JB, you're wrong.

Listen to Rough Justice AT ONCE !! You won't be disappointed.
For me, one the BEST Stones'songs of the last 30 years.

It really rocks. Excellent.
July 22nd, 2005 11:01 AM
T&A the new album has to have MUCH better songs than these two. But, then, again, my hopes have never been too high. I believe there's such a thing as the "muse" - and if it's not there, then no amount of "will" or "desire" can initiate creativity in song-writing (or any art form for that matter). I contend the muse deserted the glimmers after 1977...they still haven't found it. These two songs more or less prove that.
July 22nd, 2005 11:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
T&A wrote:
I believe there's such a thing as the "muse" - and if it's not there, then no amount of "will" or "desire" can initiate creativity in song-writing (or any art form for that matter).

That is SO FUCKING TRUE!
July 22nd, 2005 11:17 AM
Monster Master Jb, this is our music

July 22nd, 2005 11:28 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
T&A wrote:
I believe there's such a thing as the "muse" - and if it's not there, then no amount of "will" or "desire" can initiate creativity in song-writing (or any art form for that matter).

agreed T&A...see my comments on another thread about wishing there was something at stake - a necessary ingredient to any valuable work of art (or science)

that's why i say the keith ballads still count - at least he sounds like he cares about what he's on about(vide:Slipping Away)
July 22nd, 2005 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

agreed T&A...see my comments on another thread about wishing there was something at stake - a necessary ingredient to any valuable work of art (or science)

that's why i say the keith ballads still count - at least he sounds like he cares about what he's on about(vide:Slipping Away)

I am stunned and disappointed by this SOL single...For the first time, I can really say they are "washed up" and not be kidding.
July 22nd, 2005 11:39 AM
Poplar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Funny how it was the civil war on stones board after the first SOL broadcating

so true - that was a classic 45 minutes last night. the thread on SOL was nasty - but priceless.

July 22nd, 2005 11:39 AM
stonedinaustralia

hey jb!!

you said:

Most Jews(sans friedman) love the Stones...who else could afford the prices!!! Also, the title Neo-Con might help spark sales actually...

at first i laughed and then i acknowledged your wisdom
July 22nd, 2005 11:45 AM
jb
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

hey jb!!

you said:

Most Jews(sans friedman) love the Stones...who else could afford the prices!!! Also, the title Neo-Con might help spark sales actually...

at first i laughed and then i acknowledged your wisdom

[w]e as lawyers are simply brighter and more logical than society as a whole. Hope all is well .....I heard Mel Gibson(may he die of painful bone cancer) is filming another outrageously violent film).
July 22nd, 2005 11:58 AM
72Tele Listen to Rough Justice AT ONCE !! You won't be disappointed.
For me, one the BEST Stones' songs of the last 30 years."

Thirty years I guess is 1975. You have got to be kidding me? The lyrics may be the most childish, inane yet. Nice slide by Ronnie though.

I think it is nearly impossible for someone worth $250 mil to write anything really good. I don't care what anyone says this is trash and I could give you 100 songs from 50 bands you will never hear of that is better then this. I want to like it so much it pains me, I really do but these two songs suck. I hate to say this but I wish they would have hung it up in 78" like Zeppelin did. Keith I think has done very good solo stuff that holds up. I wish he would do a lot more. Even with other lead singers.

The only song in my opinion that they have written and recorded in the last 25 years that is really good is "Saint of me". My standard being this would have made the cut in the 60's or 70's/early 80's. I mean its getting to the point where a song like "she's so cold" seems like a great number. Fact is its average at best. I heard it yesterday and thought " just put out something this good:. It appears that can no longer even do that. I'm a goddamn proud Stones fan but at least among other Stones fans I have to be brutally honest. But with that said I will buy the record day it comes out.
July 22nd, 2005 12:01 PM
Monster My master has forsaken me.

Old DOGS almost dead...
July 22nd, 2005 12:01 PM
corgi37 Did any Jewish lawyers help out the Nazis during the Nuremburg trials?

Just curious.
July 22nd, 2005 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Did any Jewish lawyers help out the Nazis during the Nuremburg trials?

Just curious.

Not to my knowledge....but many Jewish lawyers defend the likes of KKK and Ne0-nazis under 1st Ammendment grounds...I could not do so.
July 22nd, 2005 12:04 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

[Edited by jb]

Agreed, Josh.

And Rough Justice is even worse. Please. What do they do these days, just grab a fast 3 chord backing track and throw new lyrics on it?

This song was boring before they even wrote it.

Man, does anyone have any objectivity anymore? This is like the poltical discussions on this board. Form your opinion, then pull together some facts that may support it.

Lets see: Here is how you decide if the members of RO and elsewhere will love or hate a song.

If its a 78 rpm = love.

If its 33 rpm = hate.
July 22nd, 2005 12:05 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Not to my knowledge....but many Jewish lawyers defend the likes of KKK and Ne0-nazis under 1st Ammendment grounds...I could not do so.

nazis helped building the NASA
that's a fact!
July 22nd, 2005 12:07 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poplar wrote:

so true - that was a classic 45 minutes last night. the thread on SOL was nasty - but priceless.

remember Bloozy pic....ouch!!!
July 22nd, 2005 12:13 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:

Mel Gibson(may he die of painful bone cancer)

at the very least...
July 22nd, 2005 12:17 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

nazis helped building the NASA
that's a fact!

Yes Ditch Rik!!! Sadly, we took German scientist and put them to work for NASA....Bush's grandfather was a Nazi -Lover.
July 22nd, 2005 12:19 PM
jb I like a good Stones ballad...(Memory motel, Angie, Almost hear you sigh, Fool to Cry, etc ) but this is not even radio friendly garbage..it plain out sucks..
July 22nd, 2005 12:42 PM
Joey " Put on some Flat-front Jill Sander slacks, tie a polo sweater loosely around your shoulders, crank it up and do the Twitch!"

YESSIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 22nd, 2005 12:43 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I like a good Stones ballad...(Memory motel, Angie, Almost hear you sigh, Fool to Cry, etc ) but this is not even radio friendly garbage..it plain out sucks..

I would say it's just as good and just like all those ballads and a bunch of others. Wild Horses is the only real standout among Stones ballads. What other band could even begin to boast of this back catalog. It's The Stones, they always sound like The Stones and do Stones type things, I'm not sure what people are expecting from them. They either want Some girls or Exile Pt. II or something so different that no one has done in rock and roll. I'm not sure but it's idiotic to put such high expectations on anything, you'll always be dissapointed. Stones rock and they're making new music. It's the same fuckers that bitched we didn't get anything new who are now pissing and moaning that The Stones made a record. FUCKING LOSERS! All you's. If you had any taste in music Josh, besides Stones bashing, you might be worth talking about music with BUT!!! unfortunately you live in a box and have zero diversity and that alone makes you a pitiful music fan. It's a shame. By your own admission you've the most limited musical taste of anyone who posts reguarly on any Stones board. Yet at the same time you are the biggest critic. In my book and many others that just makes you a stupid asshole with a big mouth!
Even my dead puppy, sparky the hydrant humper, won't greet you, You loser bastard. Get bakc to posting your mindless dribble about all your money and give us weather updates and how to keep ourselves safe in a heatwave, you're such a weepy little dribble dick. Fuck you make me laugh! Cocky arrogant and like Pugsy you have this great knack for stating the obvious like it's some original or unique observation. I can't wait to hear about your Stones experience this tour. Just knowing how let down you'll be gives me a hard on.

July 22nd, 2005 12:46 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

I would say it's just as good and just like all those ballads and a bunch of others. Wild Horses is the only real standout among Stones ballads. What other band could even begin to boast of this back catalog. It's The Stones, they always sound like The Stones and do Stones type things, I'm not sure what people are expecting from them. They either want Some girls or Exile Pt. II or something so different that no one has done in rock and roll. I'm not sure but it's idiotic to put such high expectations on anything, you'll always be dissapointed. Stones rock and they're making new music. It's the same fuckers that bitched we didn't get anything new who are now pissing and moaning that The Stones made a record. FUCKING LOSERS! All you's. If you had any taste in music Josh, besides Stones bashing, you might be worth talking about music with BUT!!! unfortunately you live in a box and have zero diversity and that alone makes you a pitiful music fan. It's a shame. By your own admission you've the most limited musical taste of anyone who posts reguarly on any Stones board. Yet at the same time you are the biggest critic. In my book and many others that just makes you a stupid asshole with a big mouth!
Even my dead puppy, sparky the hydrant humper, won't greet you, You loser bastard. Get bakc to posting your mindless dribble about all your money and give us weather updates and how to keep ourselves safe in a heatwave, you're such a weepy little dribble dick. Fuck you make me laugh! Cocky arrogant and like Pugsy you have this great knack for stating the obvious like it's some original or unique observation. I can't wait to hear about your Stones experience this tour. Just knowing how let down you'll be gives me a hard on.

I have to say, I truly hate you and MacDaddy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)