ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE ROLLING STONES ON DISCOUNT ?!?! Return to archive
July 22nd, 2005 10:18 AM
Joey
" Rolling Stones: Bargain Tix in 'B' Towns . "

" The Rolling Stones obviously think the people of Detroit, Charlottesville, St. Paul, and Columbus can't afford the same prices as people in really big cities.

The Stones are only charging $350-$400 for a top ticket in the "flyover" cities. But in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, the group is socking it to fans for a whopping $450 if they want to have good seats. On eBay.com, the ticket prices are doubled, or more, thanks to scalpers.

What the Stones don't realize is that the people in the big cities can't afford their tickets either. Who knew we'd have to take care of all of Mick's children?

By contrast, Paul McCartney's top price across the country is an average $279. U2, an actual contemporary group, is only asking about $169 from its loyal armies.

Of course, U2 is selling albums at the same time they're performing. The Stones and McCartney, while still immensely popular live acts, are not exactly at the top of the charts.

This week each act announced new albums. There's no word yet on the Stones' offering, called "NeoCon," but McCartney has some buzz from his first recording since "Driving Rain."

In reality, the Stones were never the big sellers that the Beatles were. And their last few albums have proved to be disappointing in contrast to their concert sales. "Bridges to Babylon," "Voodoo Lounge" and "Steel Wheels" were not huge successes.

It didn't help that the last time out, the single "Anybody Seen My Baby?," from "Bridges," inadvertently appropriated k.d. lang's "Constant Craving." (They never say "stolen" anymore. The euphemism is "interpolated").

Her name was subsequently added to the songwriting credits, and she wound up splitting the royalties with the Stones — a first, certainly, in the Stones' long career.

"Bridges to Babylon," the Stones' last studio album, hangs around No. 36,000 on Amazon.com.

But Stones fans in major cities might think about saving some money by driving to secondary markets. The prices are cheaper and the stadiums are smaller. "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163308,00.html

July 22nd, 2005 10:19 AM
egon i feel sick
July 22nd, 2005 10:22 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
i feel sick

have a pastis bro!
July 22nd, 2005 10:22 AM
gimmekeef Well there goes Fox News...already firing a salvo in advance of NEOCON!....These guys just here the word and start their BS machine!!!!!!!!
July 22nd, 2005 10:23 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
i feel sick

" Jaggerbomb(s) " ?!?!

July 22nd, 2005 10:28 AM
jb While I hate FOX NEWS, there is nothing inaccurrate about this article.
July 22nd, 2005 10:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
... there is nothing inaccurrate about this article.

Well maybe not technically or "factually" but professional propagandists like the Fox crowd intentionally manipulate facts and emotions to further their agenda.
July 22nd, 2005 10:45 AM
gimmekeef They've picked up rumors about the Neocon song and are starting their spin from the right.....its what they do...
July 22nd, 2005 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
They've picked up rumors about the Neocon song and are starting their spin from the right.....its what they do...

Oh I agree...but the article's main point in regard to sales prices and sucky albums is true.
July 22nd, 2005 10:55 AM
gimmekeef jb..not disagreeing with the figures...but when you look at the motives..This article comes out when the new songs are first aired...the ticket difference is $50 ($450 vs $400)from B towns etc and that warrants a big story?..They mention NeoCon specifically!...Its all part of Fox's usual shtick....Think its funny they have time for this but they musta got a call from Rove!!!!!!
July 22nd, 2005 11:19 AM
telecaster Roger Friedman HATES The Stones, always has

He gets all pissed because they won't do interviews with him

He is the clown that wrote that article about Yoko yesterday

In other words, he is a John Lennon jock sniffer

jb why do jews hate the Stones so much?
July 22nd, 2005 11:28 AM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Roger Friedman HATES The Stones, always has

He gets all pissed because they won't do interviews with him

He is the clown that wrote that article about Yoko yesterday

In other words, he is a John Lennon jock sniffer

jb why do jews hate the Stones so much?

Most Jews(sans friedman) love the Stones...who else could afford the prices!!! Also, the title Neo-Con might help spark sales actually...
July 22nd, 2005 12:08 PM
corgi37 I'm glad Rupert Murdoch doesnt live in Oz anymore.

I do like Sean Hannerty's hair though. Very right-wing.
July 22nd, 2005 12:32 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I'm glad Rupert Murdoch doesnt live in Oz anymore.

I do like Sean Hannerty's hair though. Very right-wing.

I just e-mailed FOX News to complain about their anti-Stones bias...even though the single sucks elepahant cock.
July 22nd, 2005 12:37 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
I just e-mailed FOX News to complain about their anti-Stones bias...even though the single sucks elepahant cock.

would you please cc me a copy or post it here

thanks in advance
July 22nd, 2005 12:48 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Most Jews(sans friedman) love the Stones...who else could afford the prices!!! Also, the title Neo-Con might help spark sales actually...

Damn Straight My Kissinger worshipping , Stones loving , Rick Salomon worshipping Jewish Brother .

In all my forty ' soon - to - be ' one ( August 1st ) years I have yet to meet a Jew who did NOT like the Beatles , Stones , or THE WHO ( thus , the high ticket prices ).

Word !

!!!!!!

JACKY ! ™
July 22nd, 2005 12:58 PM
jb I am disturbed by your "unfair and unbalanced" article regarding the Rolling Stones today. Again, Mr. Friedman, like last tour, seems to dwell only on the negative aspects of the band, as opposed to the fact they are still rocking in the early to mid-sixties. All major acts charge high prices for their premium seats, and as a network which deplores communism and welcomes open markets, it comes down to good old fashioned american capitalism...they charge what they can and the public is free to buy it or not. As far as sales, the Stones have sold over 66 million album in the US and 220 million worldwide, which places them 10th on the RIAA list, not too shabby. Off course the Beatles have sold more, but then again, they broke up after 10 years and never came close to the live act the Stones have been for almost 40 years. As far as U2, of course they are more popular , as thye appeal to a much younger age demographic who were not ewven alive when the Stones pout out Tatto You in 1981!!! It seems to me that the purpose in this attack was either 1)FOX NEWS was offended by the title NEO-CON or 2) Friedman is a beatles fan who never appreciated the Stones. I'm sure Toby Keith will get great reviews from Mr. Friendman!!!
July 22nd, 2005 02:41 PM
Joey

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
July 22nd, 2005 02:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee

July 22nd, 2005 02:48 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
I am disturbed by your "unfair and unbalanced" article regarding the Rolling Stones today. Again, Mr. Friedman, like last tour, seems to dwell only on the negative aspects of the band, as opposed to the fact they are still rocking in the early to mid-sixties. All major acts charge high prices for their premium seats, and as a network which deplores communism and welcomes open markets, it comes down to good old fashioned american capitalism...they charge what they can and the public is free to buy it or not. As far as sales, the Stones have sold over 66 million album in the US and 220 million worldwide, which places them 10th on the RIAA list, not too shabby. Off course the Beatles have sold more, but then again, they broke up after 10 years and never came close to the live act the Stones have been for almost 40 years. As far as U2, of course they are more popular , as thye appeal to a much younger age demographic who were not ewven alive when the Stones pout out Tatto You in 1981!!! It seems to me that the purpose in this attack was either 1)FOX NEWS was offended by the title NEO-CON or 2) Friedman is a beatles fan who never appreciated the Stones. I'm sure Toby Keith will get great reviews from Mr. Friendman!!!

Great job jb.....spot on!!!!
July 22nd, 2005 03:04 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Great job jb.....spot on!!!!

Maybe we could all sign it and mail it to Fox. Spelling errors and all!
July 22nd, 2005 04:47 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Maybe we could all sign it and mail it to Fox. Spelling errors and all!

" That is some Weird , Wild & Wacky Stuff "

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)