ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Streets of Love mp3 Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 22nd, 2005 08:33 AM
John Wood My first thought was after all these years of waiting and this is the first single off the new album? Not impressed. I hope it doesn't kill the album! I think the first single can make or break albums and I don't have a good fealing about this one.
July 22nd, 2005 08:39 AM
Jumacfly Rough justice will be the fist single...they need a good rocker to compete with "vertigo", not a elton john ballad soundalike!
July 22nd, 2005 08:48 AM
scratched Oops, wrong thread.
[Edited by scratched]
July 22nd, 2005 09:01 AM
Madafaka Thank you for the links! I'll download in a minute
July 22nd, 2005 09:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Thank you for the links! I'll download in a minute

yes - i should have said that too

thanks for the links
July 22nd, 2005 07:13 PM
Soldatti Thanks for the links.
July 22nd, 2005 11:15 PM
sammy davis jr. Thanks for the link!
July 22nd, 2005 11:24 PM
Zulu Fun Mix "Streets of Love" had the potential to be a good Stones ballad. The "ah ah ah ah" chorus is undeniably catchy. The problem is, first, the lyrics are too sincere. Mick can't pull hyper-sincerity off. He needs to be ironic and slightly mocking in his ballad lyrics. Even in "Out of Tears" he sounds ironic and slightly mocking. That's the only way he can avoid cheap sentimentality. He should have done "Streets of Love" like an amusing country song, maybe like "Evening Gown."

Second problem is what others have said before, which is the musicianship doesn't sound like the Stones. It sounds like how the Baby Fuck Face version of "Already Over Me" must have sounded. The pseudo-strings make me puke through my shiny new smiling teeth.
July 23rd, 2005 12:21 AM
Scottfree Alright, I'm drunk and I kind of like it and it's growing on me, albeit a throwaway.....It ain't the Stones....
July 23rd, 2005 01:11 AM
MrPleasant SOL does sound like "Out Of Tears", so it's not vomitous (the "ah ah ah ah" parts are cute; just don't pay attention to the line "the awful truth is really sad/I must admit I was awful bad", which is grotesque).

"Rough Justice", seems like a brother to "Flip The Switch" (the best song off Bridges, IMO, so I'm in). The lyrics are dumber ("once upon a time I was your little rooster/but now I'm just one of your cocks"), although I can get used to them.

I expected less, to be honest.
July 23rd, 2005 11:45 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
SOL does sound like "Out Of Tears", so it's not vomitous (the "ah ah ah ah" parts are cute; just don't pay attention to the line "the awful truth is really sad/I must admit I was awful bad", which is grotesque).

"Rough Justice", seems like a brother to "Flip The Switch" (the best song off Bridges, IMO, so I'm in). The lyrics are dumber ("once upon a time I was your little rooster/but now I'm just one of your cocks"), although I can get used to them.

I expected less, to be honest.

On the contrary Saint of Me and Out of Control are much better than Flip the Switch.
Saint of Me is the twisted sister of Sympathy for the Devil in my eyes.

I am loving anything the Stones come up with at the moment, I'm lapping it up!
July 23rd, 2005 11:58 AM
exile I like it....its not a standout ball tearer butr SOL is pretty damn near the mark.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)