ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So....have you folks heard any new badass Stones songs.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 22nd, 2005 04:51 AM
Bloozehound I'm not just let down

I'm pissed

this is fuckn ridiculous

"ass clown beach" should be their new album title
July 22nd, 2005 04:55 AM
Jumacfly a guy at IORR reports that "rough justice" is a great Stones songs and kicks ass!

Bloozy don t be too sad and try to catch this one !
July 22nd, 2005 04:55 AM
Bloozehound i knew when I saw the names of those songs they seemed very Mick-ish

now we know

bah!

burp
July 22nd, 2005 04:58 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
a guy at IORR reports that "rough justice" is a great Stones songs and kicks ass!

Bloozy don t be too sad and try to catch this one !

well...

jumster man, keep they faith bro

I think I've heard enough, I aint got the spirit no more

this shit sucks

bad
July 22nd, 2005 05:01 AM
Poplar i don't like the sound of what i hear from you people.
you have me a little freaked out. "goddess" makes me think one thing: shit.

[Edited by Poplar]
July 22nd, 2005 05:04 AM
Moonisup http://www.rockpassion.com/new.htm
July 22nd, 2005 05:06 AM
Poplar
Thanks

I'll get back to you in 5 minutes.
July 22nd, 2005 05:06 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Poplar wrote:
i don't like the sound of what i hear from you people.
you have me a little freaked out. "goddess" makes me think one thing: shit.

[Edited by Poplar]

popalot, I dont think this is THE ROLLING STONES

its mick solo in disguise

its fuckin horrible no guitars, just fagpop city

im a bit pissed, sorry guys
July 22nd, 2005 05:08 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
http://www.rockpassion.com/new.htm

DUDE ERASE THIS CRAP!!
July 22nd, 2005 05:09 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

DUDE ERASE THIS CRAP!!

hahaha!
July 22nd, 2005 05:17 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I'm not just let down

I'm pissed

this is fuckn ridiculous

"ass clown beach" should be their new album title

Relax Bloozehoud, you've just heard ONE track and you've got an opinion on the whole album

After all, we knew we were to expect 1 Mick ballad and here it is. I'm listening to it right now, ok, sure there are no big trademark Stones guitars in it, but I kind of like the "I-I-I's" in the chorus and the little solo towards the end.

It's not great, but it's not bad. Give it some more listenings.
July 22nd, 2005 05:23 AM
Poplar

but i'll try again. i hope i make it to 1,000 posts.

[Edited by Poplar]
[Edited by Poplar]
July 22nd, 2005 05:25 AM
FotiniD Oh come on, don't be in such a rush, give it some more time... You're all in a hurry to come out screaming "masterpiece!" or "tragedy!". Relax a little. Give it some time.
July 22nd, 2005 05:26 AM
Bloozehound
July 22nd, 2005 05:33 AM
Poplar
quote:
Poplar wrote:

bloozey - i'm affraid we've managed to capture one's reaction the first half of the song....

and then the subsequent response during the second half...

ok - going in for listen #2. let's go...
July 22nd, 2005 05:46 AM
Jumacfly OMG!!
OMG!!
I ll try to catch "streets of love "in the toilets to avoid things like that!

[Edited by Gazza]
July 22nd, 2005 05:49 AM
Moonisup OH MY GOD!

That's a street of shit! and for some love!
Now I know what the song is about
July 22nd, 2005 05:50 AM
pdog
you should spend more time rocking out and less time surfing for German Scat!
[Edited by Gazza]
July 22nd, 2005 05:51 AM
Poplar

what a post. OMG!!!!

anyhoo: it's a total pop song. same old mick lyrics and phrasing... it seems like the guitar solo could be off of Vertigo ... and it ends with more signature Mick stylings.

not at all unlike the 4 Licks (outside of Don't Stop, which i liked). and certainly a touch of MICK.

let's just let it be the mick balad, and we're done with it. the rest - stones. hey, it'll be nice for unloading beer swolen bladders at the shows.

again - that picture... my god.

[Edited by Poplar]
[Edited by Poplar]
July 22nd, 2005 06:12 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
pdog wrote:

you should spend more time rocking out and less time surfing for German Scat!

you should spend more time tickling your johns balls for tips with yer hairdo

July 22nd, 2005 06:12 AM
FotiniD Yeah, I think we may be crossing some lines here. And I'm not easy to shock, but this is just plain horrid.
July 22nd, 2005 06:15 AM
Poplar
yet for a moment, i couldn't turn away from it.

i want some Rough Justice, now. and no, not the kind above.
July 22nd, 2005 06:24 AM
Dutch Michael D. i knew it !!! i'm very dissapointed in the Stones right now, look at what they've done in the last 40 years man!! and look at what they give us in 2005.... it's RUBBISH. i don't like it. Charlie isn't the drummer on this one, it's mick, and i think keith isn't on this one either. people are going to make fun of the greatest band ever now.... please give us a good album after 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
July 22nd, 2005 08:48 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

but I kind of like the "I-I-I's" in the chorus

agreed fotini - i think they are a GREAT hook - i'm not sure about the rest of it tho - as others have commented it's generic mick - a bit of a wasted opportunity

perhaps he was right all along - getting old is a drag

RJ reminds me of Mixed emotions in the way it kicks in at the beginning (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)and the comparisons with exile are not completely out of line - but the lyrics: again generic mick - no metaphors of any interest - that rooster/cock thing...well for mine it's not even funny ('tho i can dig the howling wolf allusion)

am i asking too much for there to actually be something at stake...some need and desire to really express something as opposed to just "knocking out some tunes" (does this mean i'm not a real stones fan anymore??)

bring on the keith ballads i say - they may not get me dancing in the street but at least i can have a good cry into my beer and he always sounds like he means it (man)

still, i assert my right to reserve my judgment until i've heard the album in it's entirety

[Edited by a critic]
[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
July 22nd, 2005 09:01 AM
luxury1 I like what you say, SIA!! I had many of the same observations/thoughts on the new tunes. Gave them just one listen, and said to myself--Self, wait till you hear the whole album, on a good system, a few times.
July 22nd, 2005 09:15 AM
stonedinaustralia well thank you lux - i don't feel so bad now just because i didn't immediately think they were the greatest thing since "tumblin' dice"

by the way i have always loved your signature -

regards to mr.throbby

are you booked into see a show??
July 22nd, 2005 09:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
am i asking too much for there to actually be something at stake...some need and desire to really express something as opposed to just "knocking out some tunes" (does this mean i'm not a real stones fan anymore??)

bring on the keith ballads i say - they may not get me dancing in the street but at least i can have a good cry into my beer and he always sounds like he means it (man)

still, i assert my right to reserve my judgment until i've heard the album in it's entirety

I downloaded and listened to it once. It was ok, the first 10 seconds or so got me thinking it would be better than it actually turned out to be, BUT a first listen doesn't mean shit. Need to hear it on CD. I hated Don't Stop when I first heard it but now I like it just fine. Everything SIA posted makes perfect sense to me. In this world you take what you get and like it. Like this new record. Once it's on a CD in the record machine it will be alot better.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
July 22nd, 2005 10:45 AM
FPM C10 For christ's sake, Bloozehound. What the fuck is wrong with you?

People look at this board AT WORK. And your picture will certainly get people fired.

Please have enough decency to delete it yourself before Gazza has to tell you to do it.

No wonder you like Poison.

(Edited to make things easier for Poplar to understand)

[Edited by FPM C10]
July 22nd, 2005 10:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
People look at this board AT WORK.

They do? Well so much for an honest days work for an honest days pay.
July 22nd, 2005 11:11 AM
stonedinaustralia while i take the risk of being branded an AQ sympathiser i agree with FPM (see, he's not such a nihilist after all)

that shit (pun intended) is out of line and unnecessary and i expecteced the unholy 3 to delete it immediately

i'm no prude and first saw that kind of thing 20 years ago

so I, unlike sweet (and relatively innocent)fotini, am not really shocked but it's just so gratuitous and definitely NOT FUNNY - the spew in the toilet bowl made your point and there is no need to labour it

the bottom line (this time no pun intended) is people could get grief just for looking at it and this board is too precious to have it jepordized for a cheap shot like that

i've come to tolerate you bloozedog but i always recall you were the man (with less then 50 posts under his belt at the time) who suggested Nasty Habits didn't know nothing about music - so i've always had my doubts

and yeah - that boost for poisin just about closed the deal

still, you're clearly a stones fan so the benefit of the doubt was always with you but (as fotini suggested) you crossed the line in the sand with that one

i leave it to our moderators to apply the appropriate censure

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)