ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Streets of Love is Here! Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 22nd, 2005 04:30 AM
Bloozehound whoa, rikster I caught the last 10 seconds or so there

thanks for the heads up

dude that was weak

we're fucked dude

its worse than I could of imagined

that SUCKED

OMFG

that beach boys tune aftewards sounded so much better

"lets go to san fransico..."

[Edited by Bloozehound]
July 22nd, 2005 05:43 AM
pdog
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

So you like Dirty Work, Undercover, the 4 new songs on 40 licks? You've never seen a bad concert of them? Man, the Stones will be really happy with such a superfan! Do you have the guts to criticize your favorite band or do you think even the farts of Ronnie Wood smell like eau de cologne.

Yeah I like Dirty work. Loved The 4 Licks. Never seen a bad concert by The Stones. I know they exist, but never when I'm there.
I loves all Keiths work, think all Micks solo shit sucked ass pretty much.
The new ballad might sound ok on the new record. I didn't want to hear a ballad that's fo' shizzle. I think the Licks Ballads were way better, especially Keiths.
It doesn't take guts to be critical. Recently it's taken more guts to stand up for the band. The new tune, Streets Of Love is weak... Never been a fan of Micks latter day Stones ballads anyway. If I had a disc of just Mick ballads I would puke.
BUT! most of them are fine when listening to an album b/c I listen to entire albums not just on song. Streets Of Love is way weaker The Keys To Your Love, and that's not a tune I would put on a pedastal, but when I listen to all 4 of those songs I like it.
I like Voodoo and Bridges.
Steel Wheels is my least fav. Stones record. There's still some great tunes on it and as a whole it's good.
I can say, Streets Of Love, I formed my opinion on one listen so far, and I know myself well enough to know it can change and might.
I'm not like the un-super fans who bashed the songs before they were ever heard. I'm giving it a second listen, in shitty shitty Mp3 format too. This song already sounds better to me. I look forward to hearing it on my infinity speakers, and not as an Mp3. Underneath the tinny compressession, there sounds like some cool guitar work for a ballad. I also can hear the passion in Micks voice and lyrics. It's still a gay ass Mick ballad but you know what. It's as good as all his other ballads from the past 16 or so years.
I listen to alot of rock and roll that only a few of the internet die-hards Stones fans also listen too. So trust me on this, Being a super Stones fan is not a put down. The Stones have taught me one thing about being a fan and that is: I don't give a fuck what anyone else likes if I like it, that's good enough for me!
If this is the single, and it probably is, then once again they blew it one selecting a single, so what's new? however, like the past two records I'm sure there's a ton of great music to be in our hands soon enough. I didn't like Blinded By Rainbows at first, but it grew on me. I'm sure this tune will also. Anybody Seen My Baby is the weakest track for me on BTB, but I grew to love that song. Especially listening to the idiots claim there was rapping on it. That only proved to me that alot of fans don't know genres and styles of music and singing or even the history of "the call out".
When it comes to The Stones, I'm a great fan. And I'm still not dissapointed. as long as They breathe air and I breathe air, all is right in the universe. There is only one Stones song that IMO is wrong, bad and sucks shit out of my ass through a straw: ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT IT... This is the only Stones song I've ever hated. Not bad considering they've got so many songs in their catalog.
[Edited by pdog]
July 22nd, 2005 06:31 AM
Jumping Jack Worse than Macca's Freedom. Pathetic Alfie reject. Truly embarassing. JB is correct about a tarnished legacy. This is beyond tarnished, it's total corrosion. Makes you wonder what kinda of crap was judged worse than this and left off the CD?
July 22nd, 2005 06:33 AM
Poplar
just heard some ROUGH JUSTICE. not bad at all
July 22nd, 2005 10:36 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Worse than Macca's Freedom. Pathetic Alfie reject. Truly embarassing. JB is correct about a tarnished legacy. This is beyond tarnished, it's total corrosion. Makes you wonder what kinda of crap was judged worse than this and left off the CD?

You shall be greeted.
July 22nd, 2005 11:09 AM
KeepRigid Streets of Love needs to be resigned to a non-album B-side...much like Any Way You Look At It.
July 22nd, 2005 11:47 AM
gimmekeef You mean perhaps..."Sucking in the 2000"s"?
July 22nd, 2005 05:16 PM
ResidentMule Rough Justice is pretty good. Better than Oh No for sure. Ronnie's playing the most (and probably only) memorable thing I've hear him do since Some Girls.
Streets of Love doesn't deserve to be compared to Almost Hear You Sigh or Keys to Your Love or whatever 2 they were comparing it to. its more like Always Suffering but with a hook. but I guess since it at least has a hook that makes it a step up from the most useless song off the last album. So hopefully this is the worst we get and this could still turn out to be a pretty good record.

well, I'm seeing them in Philly on Oct 12th. that's about a month & a half into the tour. I'd say I have an OK chance they'll have given up on this one by then
July 22nd, 2005 05:32 PM
crb69 Sounds like...I got a brand new set of rules from Dogshit in the doorway...I have to admit though I very much enjoyed Mick's solo release but it doesn't stick with you. It's not a CD you remember to put on after a few listens. Rough Justice kicks ass!!!! I'm being optimistic about the new CD. I think overall it will deliver the goods.
July 22nd, 2005 05:35 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
You mean perhaps..."Sucking in the 2000"s"?

We may have another " Dirty Work " or " It's Hard " on our hands .

Developing .......................................

Shiver ....................................

" I've got a BAD FEELING Ronnie ! "

Curscee Joe ! ™
July 22nd, 2005 05:56 PM
gotdablouse "It's Hard" ?! That LP sucks ! Athena, anyone ?!
July 22nd, 2005 06:01 PM
scratched
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yup!

that title reaks of solo Mick!!

I'm envisioning a sappy pop Jagger ballad with a bad, phony falsetto.... "I was trying to forget you... but you blah blah blah blah blaaaaaaaahhhh..."

with a big fake emotional chorus ' oh ohhhhhh ohhh the streets of luv the streets of luvvvvvvvvvvv..."

lord help us

I now need to start day drinking in order to erase all ideas of this song

I'll be back later

cheers!

You've gotta give it to him though, that is a pretty accurate description of Streets Of Wank considering he'd never heard it yet!
July 23rd, 2005 06:21 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

I shall comfort you my dear. Don't let these pathetic naysayers get you down. We know Mick is da man - - and a mighty tasty one at that!

For me Mick can do no wrong whatever song he does, a rocker to a ballad, he's, he's well he's music itself!
Sorry for being schmaltzy but he is.
COME TO ME SO SILENT IN THE NIGHT, SO STEALTHLY SO ANIMAL QUIET
JUST COME TO MY EMOTIONAL RESCUE!
July 23rd, 2005 08:45 AM
corgi37 PDOG - You can hear the passion in Micks vocal?

Fuck, where?

All i hear is a weird ass trans-Atlantic accent.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)