ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MORE BOMBS IN LONDON Return to archive
July 21st, 2005 08:39 AM
Voodoo Scrounge There are reports of FOUR more bombs in London

Shepards Bush
Oval
Warren Street
All evacuated with eye witnesses reporting smoke
Fire engines and abulances attending

Bus in Hackney
Evacuated and suspect packages found
Explosion on the top deck

Its happening again
July 21st, 2005 08:41 AM
Voodoo Scrounge The bomb at warren street was a nail bomb
July 21st, 2005 08:48 AM
Jacobesque1 I can't find any info on the bus...just 3 subway bombs...no casualties reported yet. Did the bus explode or they evacuated with no explosion? Anyone with details please post!
July 21st, 2005 08:50 AM
Jacobesque1 I just read that the locations of the explosions form the 4 points of a cross when viewed from a map! God help us!
July 21st, 2005 08:50 AM
Voodoo Scrounge There was a small explosion on the bus which had very few people on it. Police believe the bomb would have been much worse but only the detinators went off.
July 21st, 2005 08:54 AM
FotiniD That's awful news but sure a bit weird too. I mean, judging from past incidences, terrorists tend to strike when least expected and then "retire" for some time. I wouldn't think they would repeat the same kind of attacks so soon and at the same place.

Maybe this time the source is different (?) I don't know!

Here's to hoping there were no victims.
July 21st, 2005 08:58 AM
Voodoo Scrounge There are no reports of casualties. However eye witnesses at all areas have reported hearing loud bangs and seeing smoke.
Warren street is the place where someone reported a nail bomb
Sheperds Bush is still very scetchy
Oval is evacuated and has also seen reports of people hearing bangs and smelling smoke

Three lines have been suspended
Northern
Hammersmith and City
Victoria
July 21st, 2005 09:14 AM
Jumacfly take care my Brit friends, we re all with you.

July 21st, 2005 09:17 AM
Zeeta Let's not hype it, just a scare - luckily.
July 21st, 2005 09:21 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Let's not hype it, just a scare - luckily.

July 21st, 2005 09:23 AM
Mr Jimmy Take care over there. The good news, so far, is that it appears to have been a relatively "unsuccessful" attack.
July 21st, 2005 09:44 AM
FPM C10 I sincerely hope everyone is ok, and I denounce all terrorist attacks.
July 21st, 2005 11:14 AM
PeerQueer They best not bring that shit to Ireland - the IRA will have their balls on a platter!
July 21st, 2005 11:37 AM
HellsRollingThunder I would like to see their balls on a platter, they sure do deserve it.
I LOVE THE UK, WE ARE WITH YOU!!
July 21st, 2005 05:14 PM
Back Street Girl London attackers 'meant to kill'

Emergency services in protective clothing were at the bus site
The attempted bombings in London were designed to kill people, the head of the Metropolitan Police has said.
But Sir Ian Blair said evidence left at the scenes could be very helpful to police and added "the intention of the terrorists has failed".

It is believed devices only partially exploded at four locations, three at Tube stations and one on a bus.

Sir Ian said the ambulance service had not taken anyone to hospital after the blasts, which were almost simultaneous.

But he said: "There is a report of one casualty at one hospital... who may or may not be connected to this."

An eyewitness at one of the affected tube stations spoke of hearing a bang and seeing a man with a rucksack flee the scene.

Mayor Ken Livingstone praised the emergency services and said the people of London would "get through this".

The attacks:

The attacks took place almost simultaneously, at about 1230 BST.

London's transport system was quickly thrown into chaos, with a number of Tube lines closed and roads shut off as cordons were established.

At Warren Street Tube station witnesses reported hearing a bang at the front of a train, creating some panic among passengers.

Armed officers were twice deployed to nearby University College Hospital, following reports that someone had run away from Warren Street. Three unoccupied rooms in the hospital remained cordoned off on Thursday evening. Police later said they believed two people who had been arrested in the area were unconnected to the blasts and had been released.

At Oval Tube station about 20 or 30 passengers were evacuated from a train after seeing "white smoke". The RMT union's security meeting was told the suspect used a handgun to try and detonate explosives contained in a backpack, BBC London Transport correspondent Andrew Winstanley said. There were reports that bystanders tried to tackle a man as he fled the station.

At Shepherd's Bush a man was reported to have fled after the attack, on the Hammersmith and City Line.

On a Number 26 bus on the Hackney Road there was an explosion on the top deck. The windows of the bus, which was travelling from Waterloo to Hackney, were blown out, although there was no structural damage.

Tests for chemical, biological and radiological weapons at all four sites proved negative.

Many residents in areas near the Tube stations affected are still not able to return to their homes, with many waiting in community centres for the all-clear.

'Unexploded' devices

Sir Ian said there was a "resonance" with the bomb attacks which killed 56 people two weeks ago, but that it was too early to draw any conclusions about whether they were linked.

He said important information could be recovered by forensics experts. "From what I understand, some of the devices remain unexploded," he said.

Former government intelligence analyst Crispin Black said the possibility of examining the devices was significant: "This, in forensic terms, is bingo, this is as good as it gets."

BBC security correspondent Mark Urban said initial indications were that the devices were put together in a way very similar to those used two weeks ago.

He said there were suggestions that the rucksacks themselves, as well as the choice of three tube trains and one bus as targets, all suggested a similar method of attacks.

There was also speculation that the devices were so similar to those used two weeks ago that they may even have been part of the same batch.

'Someone stop him'

One eyewitness at Oval tube told how she heard a "big bang, like a balloon had popped but a lot louder" and the passengers moved away into another carriage.

"There was a guy still standing in the carriage.

"We pulled into Oval, we all got off on the platform and the guy just ran, started running up the escalator.

"Everyone was screaming 'someone stop him."

As the investigation began, Sir Ian warned against "smearing" any particular community with the blame for Thursday's attacks.

"These are criminal acts and we are in pursuit of a set of criminals," he said.

'Normal business'

Prime Minister Tony Blair urged people to carry on as before.

He said: "Everyone is canny enough to know what these people are trying to do....and that is to intimidate people and to scare them and to frighten them to stop them going about their normal business."

Ken Livingstone said he was not surprised that London had been attacked again.

People were kept well away from the sites of the attacks

"Those people whose memories stretch back to the 70s, 80s and 90s will remember there were horrifying bombing campaigns in London," he said. "We got through that and we'll get through this."

Mr Livingstone backed a police appeal for information on who may have been behind the attacks.

He said religious leaders should remind their congregations of the immorality of what had happened and that people should come forward even if the was only "a remote possibility" that they could help catch those to blame.

Police have asked that any images of the attacks are sent to www.police.uk. The hotline number for anybody with information is 0800 789 321. Witness reception points have been set up near the four scenes.

July 22nd, 2005 06:48 AM
stewed & Keefed Man shot by armed police on Tube

A man has been shot at Stockwell Tube station by armed police officers.
Passenger Mark Whitby told BBC News he had seen a man of Asian appearance shot five times by "plain-clothes police officers" with a handgun.

Passengers were evacuated from the Northern Line station in south London. Police have also cordoned off surrounding streets.

A mosque in east London has been evacuated after a bomb scare - but a police cordon has now been lifted.

Police are hunting four would-be bombers after Thursday's London blasts.

The bombers fled after detonators went off, causing small blasts, but failed to detonate the bombs themselves.

Services on the Victoria and Northern lines have been suspended following a request by the police, London Underground said.

Ambulances including an air ambulance have been sent to the scene at Stockwell.

They pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him

Witness Mark Whitby

'They unloaded five shots'

Mr Whitby, told BBC News: "I was sitting on the train reading my paper.

"I heard a load of noise, people saying, 'Get out, get down'!

"I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him.

"I saw the gun being fired five times into the guy - he's dead."

Passenger Briony Coetsee said: "We were on the Tube and then we suddenly heard someone say, 'Get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots."

Passenger Alison Bowditch told BBC News: "The tube pulled into the station and we were sitting there, you know, as you do and then there was just a lot of shouting and the sound of gunfire and then people were saying, 'Get off, get off!'

"Somebody definitely went to the ground and as they went to the ground I heard gun fire and assumed they had been shot."

July 22nd, 2005 07:38 AM
Zeeta Fuckin loving it if he is one of the "failed" bombers! A good message to send to any cunt wanting to mess with us!
July 22nd, 2005 07:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Fuckin loving it if he is one of the "failed" bombers! A good message to send to any cunt wanting to mess with us!

good job! those wankers can t come and explose anywhere in London! Hope the message is clear!

take care my friends!
Ju
July 22nd, 2005 12:15 PM
corgi37 Lets all hold hands and sing:
..."And no religion too
Imagine all the people
living life in peace

You may say i'm a dead narcissistic jealous house husband
But i'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
Or there will be burning mosques"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)