ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Album Title : A Bigger Bang.....from Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
July 20th, 2005 03:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Will transportation be a problem to hotel , show, back to hotel, and to airport?

i suggest hiring a personal rickshaw
July 20th, 2005 03:49 PM
glencar LOL What was I thinking, Parmeda!?! (Now I can imagine a certain lefty's riposte to that!) I too would prefer Joshy come to Chi-town as I WON'T be in Boston. The city's a mess, Joshy. Come to Chicago instead!
July 20th, 2005 03:50 PM
Nellcote The city's a mess?
More than NYC?
Hitting it early today GC?
July 20th, 2005 03:51 PM
glencar I meant traffic wise. I haven't been hitting it yet today. Vacation starts tomorrow. I will be hitting it then!
July 20th, 2005 03:51 PM
glencar BTW Yankees toook first place the other day but I don't know if they can hold it.
July 20th, 2005 03:52 PM
Nellcote OK, however, why drive? It's the easiest city to walk in.
ListenToTheLion

Is this the president of the United States?

Than rather Harry Potter!

[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I will be hitting it then!

Ass UP ?!?!?!
July 20th, 2005 03:53 PM
Nellcote You must have just gotten up GC a.k.a Rip Van Winkle, the
Yanks are now in 2nd place as of last night, and soon
to be further back, as the Sox lead 9-4 with one out in the top of the 9th...
[Edited by Nellcote]
[Edited by Nellcote]
July 20th, 2005 03:54 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

Don't you just love the new USSC pick?

Is that what everything is about for you guys? "Ooooh, this will piss the liberals off SO bad!"

If he REALLY wanted to piss me off he would have picked his little pocket poodle Gonzales. I guess he's saving him for the next opening.

Or, hey, they're saying that perhaps he should go outside the legal profession for his next pick - how about...

Why not?

You ALWAYS avoid the question - wouldn't you REALLY rather have a dictatorship? You hate dissent so vehemently.
July 20th, 2005 03:55 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You must have just gotten up GC a.k.a Rip Van Winkle, the
Yanks are now in 2nd place as of last night, and soon
to be further back, as the Sox lead 9-4 with one out in the top of the 9th...
[Edited by Nellcote]
[Edited by Nellcote]

LOL Actually I did just wake up! I worked until 7AM.
July 20th, 2005 03:57 PM
glencar There was a question FPM? As for dictatorship, no, I prefer what we have, a shambling democracy. I think most on the Left were supposed to prefer Gonzales. You obviously failed to read that memo. This guy Roberts is another Souter. No one knows what he's going to do.
July 20th, 2005 03:57 PM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:

Wonderful!

You're well rested!

Now, talk jb into coming to Chicago dammit!
Waste your energy wisely, man...lol
July 20th, 2005 03:58 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

You just answered my previous question .

By the way , how do you feel about " Wolf '78 " ?!?!

July 20th, 2005 03:59 PM
Nellcote SOX WIN!!
GC, you now can resume normal activity..
You going to the Shidobee bash in Hartford, they have a thread towards this...
July 20th, 2005 04:01 PM
nankerphelge Why would Gonzales piss liberals off -- he is probably one of the least liked jurists by hard-core conservatives?

Even Roberts, to the extent he has a record, is pretty low key by conservative standards and certainly not as alligned politically with the right as many others on the short list.

I mean come on, Bush is in the White House -- you don't expect him to nominate a liberal any more than you would have expected Clinton to nominate a conservative.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
July 20th, 2005 04:07 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
There was a question FPM? As for dictatorship, no, I prefer what we have, a shambling democracy. I think most on the Left were supposed to prefer Gonzales. You obviously failed to read that memo. This guy Roberts is another Souter. No one knows what he's going to do.

No, I don't get any memos, and don't care what "The Left" is supposed to think.

I dislike Gonzales for his work trying to make torture acceptable by changing the terminology used to describe it. Hannah Arendt would've loved him.
July 20th, 2005 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

No, I don't get any memos, and don't care what "The Left" is supposed to think.

I dislike Gonzales for his work trying to make torture acceptable by changing the terminology used to describe it. Hannah Arendt would've loved him.

I wanted new pussy on the court...
July 20th, 2005 04:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
I wanted new pussy on the court...

I still think they should name the new album "Blessed Poison."
July 20th, 2005 04:28 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Why would Gonzales piss liberals off -- he is probably one of the least liked jurists by hard-core conservatives?

Even Roberts, to the extent he has a record, is pretty low key by conservative standards and certainly not as alligned politically with the right as many others on the short list.

I mean come on, Bush is in the White House -- you don't expect him to nominate a liberal any more than you would have expected Clinton to nominate a conservative.
[Edited by nankerphelge]

Exactly, my C10 brother. I said that earlier to JB. We knew when Bush won the last election that he was going to be picking at least two Supreme Court justices. I'm certainly not crying over it now. What's done is done. So you and Glencar can just make up whatever you think I would say and argue against THAT if you'd like.

I gotta come clean - I don't really have a list of jurists I'm hot for. I'm glad you guys keep track of this shit because I don't. I try to keep up with the top dogs and the local stuff - like, for instance, I will be cheering loudly when Bush's repugnant little toady Rick Santorum goes DOWN in '06.

July 20th, 2005 04:29 PM
nankerphelge I've read a number of the Gonzalez memos, and I think he was doing what lawyers do -- reading the relevant laws and determining what the boundaries were. His first big memo, regarding whether Taliban or Al Q detainees were entitled to Geneva Convention POW status looked at the relevant portions of the treaty and determined that the Justice Department's assessment was correct, and provided the President with analysis of the decision -- both pro and con.

The alleged "torture memo" was similar -- he looked at the relevant criminal and civil laws regarding torture and determined that the boundaries were, essentially, the infliction of severe pain (mental or physical) or threats to do so. The memo concluded that humilation or other lesser forms of coercion were not technically "torture" under those laws.

I guess I can accept that some people have a problem with that. But I can't fault the guy for doing his job.
July 20th, 2005 04:34 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I still think they should name the new album "Blessed Poison."

And open Feb 8th 2005 at the Trocedero in Philly.
July 20th, 2005 04:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

July 20th, 2005 04:41 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

Hopefully, they'll be some new pussy at the Trocadero.
July 20th, 2005 04:42 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

The alleged "torture memo" was similar -- he looked at the relevant criminal and civil laws regarding torture and determined that the boundaries were, essentially, the infliction of severe pain (mental or physical) or threats to do so. The memo concluded that humilation or other lesser forms of coercion were not technically "torture" under those laws.

I guess I can accept that some people have a problem with that. But I can't fault the guy for doing his job.

Well, now that you explain it, the whole thing's quite silly!
July 20th, 2005 04:50 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Well, now that you explain it, the whole thing's quite silly!

You should be more appalled at the way the Muslim extremists have brutally tortured innocent civilians than the petty shit you're concerned with.
July 20th, 2005 04:51 PM
nankerphelge Hey why not show a few beheadings of our people.

Would make for a neat little juxtaposition!
July 20th, 2005 04:55 PM
gypsy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Hey why not show a few beheadings of our people.

Would make for a neat little juxtaposition!

Exactly.
No one would ever post those photos - they're heartbreaking.

I hate FPM with every fiber of my being.
July 20th, 2005 05:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Exactly.
No one would ever post those photos - they're heartbreaking.

I hate FPM with every fiber of my being.

July 20th, 2005 07:21 PM
glencar Really, man! The idea that dressing somebody up so they look idiotic can be called "torture" is a stretch that's just a bit too much. Like Joshy, I too think that Bush should have selected a woman. I've read that Ginsburg is planning to retire soon & that'll force him to put a new woman on the Court.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)