ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Album Title : A Bigger Bang.....from Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
July 19th, 2005 04:09 PM
IanBillen
Thanks to StonesVikings.com-

The album tiitle is supposably A Bigger Bang or The Bigger Bang.
The first single is Streets of Love
Another Rocker is "Take me down Slow"

Not a Bad Title

Ian
July 19th, 2005 04:19 PM
Moonisup that's a name for a last album or has that something to do with MIcks banging, or something with a link to anal pleasures?
I doubt the album will *bang* globally
[Edited by Moonisup]
July 19th, 2005 04:20 PM
Poplar
Better than anything we've heard so far.

July 19th, 2005 04:39 PM
Joey
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Better than anything we've heard so far.

Oh , Yeah ?!?!?!

" Dark chocolate can not only soothe your soul but can lower blood pressure too, researchers reported Monday.

The study, published by the American Heart Association, joins a growing body of research that show compounds found in chocolate called flavonoids can help the blood vessels work more smoothly, perhaps reducing the risk of heart disease.

"Previous studies suggest flavonoid-rich foods, including fruits, vegetables, tea, red wine and chocolate, might offer cardiovascular benefits, but this is one of the first clinical trials to look specifically at dark chocolate's effect on lowering blood pressure among people with hypertension," said Jeffrey Blumberg of Tufts University in Boston, who led the study.

"This study is not about eating more chocolate," Blumberg added. "It suggests that cocoa flavonoids appear to have benefits on vascular function and glucose sensitivity."

Scientists are far from being able to make specific recommendations for patients based on their research on chocolate, and nutritionists have urged people to be cautious because chocolate is high in fat, sugar and calories.

Blumberg and colleagues at the University of L'Aquila in Italy studied 10 men and 10 women with high blood pressure.

For 15 days, half ate a daily 3.5 ounce (100 gram) bar of specially formulated, flavonoid-rich dark chocolate, while the other half ate the same amount of white chocolate.

Then each group "crossed over" and ate the other chocolate.

"White chocolate, which has no flavonoids, was the perfect control food because it contains all the other ingredients and calories found in dark chocolate," Blumberg said.

"It's important to note that the dark chocolate we used had a high level of flavonoids, giving it a slightly bittersweet taste. Most Americans eat milk chocolate, which has a low amount of these compounds."

Writing in the journal Hypertension, Blumberg's team said when the volunteers ate the special dark chocolate, they had a 12 mm Hg decrease in systolic blood pressure (the top number in a blood pressure reading) and a 9 mm Hg decrease in diastolic blood pressure (the bottom number) on average.

Blood pressure did not change when the volunteers ate white chocolate.

"This is not only a statistically significant effect, but it's also a clinically meaningful decline," Blumberg said. "This is the kind of reduction in blood pressure often found with other healthful dietary interventions."

Eating dark chocolate also seemed to improve how the body used insulin, and reduced low density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad" cholesterol by about 10 percent on average.

"The findings do not suggest that people with high blood pressure should eat lots of dark chocolate in lieu of other important blood pressure-reduction methods, such as medication and exercise," Blumberg said. "Rather, we are identifying specific flavonoids that can have a benefit on blood pressure and insulin sensitivity."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050719/hl_nm/heart_chocolate_dc&printer=1;_ylt=Akk_020VerAe8xSayKfM3o0R.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

July 19th, 2005 04:43 PM
glencar How many album titles have we seen over the past week? And this one sounds like the best. Streets Of Love is a ballad or a rocker?
July 19th, 2005 04:44 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Streets Of Love is a ballad or a rocker?

Ballad, I think I read somewhere.
July 19th, 2005 04:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Hello Angiegirl
July 19th, 2005 04:47 PM
jb Sounds like an awful title..why not "Blessed Poison".
Nellcote See this thread for more detail...
http://www.novogate.com/board/968/213440-1.html
[Edited by Nellcote]
Angiegirl
quote:
Joey wrote:
Hello Angiegirl

Hello Jacky

[Edited by Angiegirl]
ListenToTheLion
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Thanks to StonesVikings.com-

The album tiitle is supposably A Bigger Bang or The Bigger Bang.

Not a Bad Title

Ian

Please!
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Thanks, that's what I feared. They need to come out blasting.
July 19th, 2005 04:50 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thanks, that's what I feared. They need to come out blasting.

I totally agree. Re-introducing yourself to the world with a (cheesy?) ballad (I read it was in the style of 'Brand new set of rules' from Jagger's latest solo-shit) is lame for them. They need a sharp in-your-face rocker to wake the world up. Oh well...
July 19th, 2005 04:51 PM
glencar That was cheesy. I mean, I liked it but I don't want that to be what we hear first.
July 19th, 2005 07:59 PM
gotdablouse Streets of...Love, hum, can't Mick write a song without the word "love" in the title ? Damn.

And a BNSOR style single, WTF ! That would really suck. Mick's voice is so "mannered" on that, scary. The ballad just before that on Goddess was miles better.
July 19th, 2005 08:26 PM
glencar LOL Too true!
July 19th, 2005 08:40 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Oh , Yeah ?!?!?!

joey, are we still going to BANG when we meet up in KC?
July 19th, 2005 08:42 PM
KeepRigid "A Bigger Bang.....from Ian" is the best of the lot, imo.
July 19th, 2005 09:23 PM
gypsy
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
"A Bigger Bang.....from Ian" is the best of the lot, imo.

I love that title!
You are a genius...and you never cease to make me laugh.
July 19th, 2005 09:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
"A Bigger Bang.....from Ian" is the best of the lot, imo.

LMAO

Now THAT should be the title

I think after all these months of angst, Ian deserves some recognition for pushing the band so hard.
July 19th, 2005 10:05 PM
Bloozehound A Bigger Bang ??

dude I hope not, it sucks, makes "manhattan beach" sound almost glorious in comparision

Bangs as the new theme, can just see it now....

A Bigger Bang (album)

Bangin' On Stage

Live Bangs

5 Finger Bangin' fLicks

Liver, Liver Bangs

Best Bangs (standard tour coincided "best of" comp release)

Bangin My Fuckin Bank Acount

Livest Bangs (remastered sacd/special edition of previous months master release Live Bangs)

Bangin' in the Street

Cut Off My Damn Bangs and Sell'em For More Bangin' Stones Bangs ect....
[Edited by Bloozehound]
July 19th, 2005 10:16 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
A Bigger Bang ??

dude I hope not, it sucks, makes "manhattan beach" sound almost glorious in comparision

Bangs as the new theme, can just see it now....

A Bigger Bang (album)

Bangin' On Stage

Live Bangs

5 Finger Bangin' fLicks

Liver, Liver Bangs

Best Bangs (standard tour coincided "best of" comp release)

Bangin My Fuckin Bank Acount

Livest Bangs (remastered sacd/special edition of previous months master release Live Bangs)

Bangin' in the Street

Cut Off My Damn Bangs and Sell'em For More Bangin' Stones Bangs ect....
[Edited by Bloozehound]

Now that is a funny post!!!
July 19th, 2005 10:47 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LMAO

Now THAT should be the title

I think after all these months of angst, Ian deserves some recognition for pushing the band so hard.

Well They sure as hell took their time long enough....8-going on 9 friggin years here (and in actuality we still have no official word). I would hate to see The Rolling Stones's album situation if they were not pushed/scrutized for taking so long.

We would never get the thing.

Ian
July 20th, 2005 02:40 AM
FotiniD A Bigger Bang? Please tell me it's a joke. It sounds like Big Bubble
July 20th, 2005 04:38 AM
Poplar
I Be Bang'n

July 20th, 2005 04:47 AM
beer title,its definetly better than Manhattan Beach. It's also good to hear ONNYA is a somewhat return to decent choppy riffs instaead of limp wristed strumming like DOnt stop..
July 20th, 2005 04:55 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think I prefer Manhattan Beach to be honest
July 20th, 2005 05:32 AM
beer Well, as long as its got some good riffs, a little harp, some good slide guitar, and some real heart and soul, i'll be stoked. I actually have a really good feeling about this Lp. I can't wait!
July 20th, 2005 05:44 AM
Poplar
there we go .. enthusiasm! we can will this into a good album, i swear.

July 20th, 2005 05:53 AM
beer Ha! well lets hope so.
i dont see how anyone could deny that the Presss conf song Oh No, is wayyyy better than what we had last tour.Plus the rumours of the new album being a stripped down rock-n-roller seem promising.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)