ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie this tour Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 19th, 2005 11:08 AM
Soul Survivor Not to sound redundant or anything, but how do you think Ronnie will be this tour? Let's forget about his "not plugged in says" ('97 - '99). I say, although he didn't play the greatest he can play in '02 - '03, it was certianly some sort of return to form. At least it was an improvement. That alone makes me excited for this tour. If he improved for that tour, then he should be even better for this one. Having heard the peformances at the press conference as most of you have as well, I was thrilled (for lack of a better word) to hear Ronnie be so high in the mix, have a dirtier guitar tone than usual, and to be playing with some confidence.

I think if this is infact the last tour, Ronnie will play as great as he can. He is an excellent guitarist despite what some will say. You wouldn't know it from some of his 90's performances, but as many of you know...he shined in the 70's. He's got some of it left in him, I can guarantee it.

So what do you think we can expect from Ronnie guitar-wise this tour? More of the same...? I think not.
July 19th, 2005 11:10 AM
Moonisup we need another blondie
July 19th, 2005 11:14 AM
Jumacfly he was good in US in 2002....but what a massive deception in 2003!!! period!
July 19th, 2005 11:20 AM
Mel Belli I'm resigned to the fact that Ronnie no longer has, and will never recover, his chops. I try not to fixate on it, or let it bug me too much.

I've had great times at Stones shows despite Ronnie being a nonfactor, or worse.

The Stones have much bigger issues than Ronnie this year -- namely, unchecked greed and what seems like a hasitly-cobbled-together tour that lacks a fresh concept, other than a new album, which, the more I learn about it, also seems hastily-cobbled-together.
July 19th, 2005 11:33 AM
jb I think he will be even less effective...per reports not really involved in album..how motovated do you think that will make him?
[Edited by jb]
July 19th, 2005 11:34 AM
jb
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I'm resigned to the fact that Ronnie no longer has, and will never recover, his chops. I try not to fixate on it, or let it bug me too much.

I've had great times at Stones shows despite Ronnie being a nonfactor, or worse.

The Stones have much bigger issues than Ronnie this year -- namely, unchecked greed and what seems like a hasitly-cobbled-together tour that lacks a fresh concept, other than a new album, which, the more I learn about it, also seems hastily-cobbled-together.

I agree...as someone else posted, this tour seems a little forced and pre-mature....
July 19th, 2005 11:36 AM
gimmekeef Mel....I tend to agree with you.The tour seems a little roughshod and piecemeal.The fact Ronnie seems to have been almost an after thought during recording the new album also concerns me.Bottom line though is he's got the gig and we can only hope for the best.(I still believe the 75 tour when he was brand new and under tons of pressure as the new guy was his best!)That was a long time ago!.Still I really love the guy and hope he can handle it...
July 19th, 2005 11:43 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
I agree...as someone else posted, this tour seems a little forced and pre-mature....

hey, that was me!
(see we can agree on a few things)

I think Ronnie sounded good at the press conference and on the clips on rs.com. I'm more worried about Keith. He can still do the Berry stuff, but the monster riffs in CYHMK and BS are starting to sound wimpy.

and you never have to worry about Charlie are Mick. They are solid every night and will continue to carry the band this tour.
July 19th, 2005 11:49 AM
Nellcote Everything alright in the critics section?
Who the $#!& are we to judge how he will be?
You don't like it, go see Macca for mediocrity!
I'm on a mission, it's the Stones, dammit!
July 19th, 2005 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Everything alright in the critics section?
Who the $#!& are we to judge how he will be?
You don't like it, go see Macca for mediocrity!
I'm on a mission, it's the Stones, dammit!

The Yankees are in first..........
[Edited by jb]
July 19th, 2005 12:26 PM
Nellcote You, my S. Florida Stones compadre, are correct.
Grumblings are beginning here in THE NATION.
What will it take to get AJ Burnett, and, is he worth it?
July 19th, 2005 12:28 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You, my S. Florida Stones compadre, are correct.
Grumblings are beginning here in THE NATION.
What will it take to get AJ Burnett, and, is he worth it?

We really suck..in last place now!!!! Burnett is an underachiever alwasy injured...same for Beckett...and Willis is fading like he always does....
July 19th, 2005 12:34 PM
Nellcote John Henry noted we'll be adding payroll b-4 the end of the month, so it's not Willis, although I'd love to see him here..
July 19th, 2005 04:57 PM
ListenToTheLion Ronnie has finally become the Ringo Starr of the Stones: joking, posing, smiling but as a musician worthless. A pity they didn't throw him out after his countless weak performances.
July 19th, 2005 05:03 PM
CraigP You can tell how pissed mick gets when Ronnie is put in the spotlght when it's his turn for a solo, for example, and he stands there like a deer caught in headlights.
But hey, some of Ronnie's style has influenced my guitar playing and if I met him I'd be speechless. He is a good guitarist but I just don't know what the hell his issue has been lately.
[Edited by CraigP]
July 19th, 2005 05:05 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
CraigP wrote:
You can tell how pissed mick gets when Ronnie is put in the spotlght when it's his turn for a solo, for example, and he stands there like a deer caught in headlights.
[Edited by CraigP]

I can't blame Mick for getting pissed when Ronnie is playing the fool or can't play a proper solo!
July 20th, 2005 03:11 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I have probably got bigger reservations over KEITHs ability to play the guitar on this tour. He is turning into such a lazy guitarist. He hardly plays a stroke.
Ronnie has always tried his bollocks off when he has been sober enough to. Him being turned down so much over the last few years has hindered people from seeing this.

The press conference was a good sign
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
July 20th, 2005 06:20 AM
ListenToTheLion You are right about Keith. But who tells them to play their guitar in stead of posing?
July 20th, 2005 09:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im not too bothered. Everyone on this site knows deep down that the Stones have played and recorded the best music they ever will.
They are not going to come up with anything better than they already have done in years gone by, but a good album with some raw sounds would be nice
July 20th, 2005 10:29 AM
jb [quote]ListenToTheLion wrote:
Ronnie has finally become the Ringo Starr of the Stones: joking, posing, smiling but as a musician worthless. A pity they didn't throw him out after his countless weak performances.
[/quote
Amen-----------------------------------Ronnie has been worthless from 81 on.
July 20th, 2005 10:34 AM
blackandblue Maybe we should boo him off the stage
July 20th, 2005 10:38 AM
Nellcote You are either with us or against us.
It's The Stones, dammit.
You will regret this all when they are gone.
July 20th, 2005 10:40 AM
blackandblue We will regret what...?
July 20th, 2005 10:48 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You are either with us or against us.
It's The Stones, dammit.
You will regret this all when they are gone.

Sadly my Red-Sox friend, they were gone after the great MT left..
July 20th, 2005 10:56 AM
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly my Red-Sox friend, they were gone after the great MT left..

Not exactly true. They made after Taylor left three or four good albums. They were gone when they released Undercover and all the shit afterwards....
July 20th, 2005 11:02 AM
Nellcote JB wrote; Sadly my Red-Sox friend, they were gone after the great MT left..

Great is an term which our culture has diluted.

BTW, we are back in 1st place, your pal Schilling got his 1st save since '92. He had the heat going last night..
And how many 'Phins will give Ricky W a haymaker when he returns Sunday?
July 20th, 2005 11:04 AM
Joey [quote]Soul Survivor wrote:
but how do you think Ronnie will be this tour?

Shitty ! ( See : 1997 - 2002 )
July 20th, 2005 11:10 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Joey wrote:
[quote]Soul Survivor wrote:
but how do you think Ronnie will be this tour?

Shitty ! ( See : 1997 - 2002 )

Great post from a great man!
July 20th, 2005 11:17 AM
Joey
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Great post from a great man!

I would like to nuzzle you !

July 20th, 2005 11:18 AM
jb [quote]blackandblue wrote:

Not exactly true. They made after Taylor left three or four good albums. They were gone when they released Undercover and all the shit afterwards....
[/quote
Black and Blue(written before Taylor Left), Some Girls(the best album post taylor), Emotional rescue(good) Tatto You(very good)-the rest highly forgettable.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)