ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

On flight between Bloomington and Detroit, July 26, 1975
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stockholm Olympic Stadium, Stockholm - June 18 - setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive
07-18-03 06:13 PM
Hand of Fate From stonesdoug

Set list:
Brown Sugar - Start Me Up - You Got Me Rocking - Don't Stop - Wild Horses - You Can't Always Get What You Want - Midnight Rambler - Tumbling Dice - Slipping Away - Happy - Sympathy For The Devil - Respectable - Mannish Boy - Street Fighting Man -
Gimme Shelter - It's Only Rock'n'Roll - Honky Tonk Women - Satisfaction - Jumpin' Jack Flash.

I was meant to be at tonights show but am nowing going to the arena ans club shows instead
07-18-03 06:17 PM
Soul Survivor Respectable? HAve they done that this tour?
07-18-03 07:22 PM
Highway Child Yeah, they first rehearsed this song at the soundchec in Bercy, they played it at the Olympia, then on B Stage in Copenhagen, Helsinki and at the Stockholm Stadium.
07-18-03 09:34 PM
moy
07-18-03 11:12 PM
crashbandicoot001 ...a couple of pics - if they don't appear, here are the links, as well (you may need to copy & paste into your browser):-

http://www.freewebs.com/fromholland/20030718_Stones_Stockholm.JPG

http://www.freewebs.com/fromholland/20030718_stones.jpg

07-18-03 11:18 PM
steel driving hammer Great pix, now tell me if Keaf and Ronnie had a fight as big as IORR said they did.

Or is it just coffee talk?
07-19-03 04:37 AM
montana

07-19-03 09:15 AM
steel driving hammer

07-19-03 09:25 AM
nankerphelge Great pic of Mick in red on the B!!
07-19-03 09:27 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Great pic of Mick in red on the B!!

LOL, thats my desktop picture now...
07-19-03 10:42 AM
whirlegreg I just noticed that Keith has played the last two gigs WITHOUT the ever present handcuff bracelet...this is the first time that I know of that he hasn't had it on in 2 or 3 decades??? What's up with that??

quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

07-19-03 10:47 AM
whirlegreg I just noticed that Keith has played the last two gigs WITHOUT the ever present handcuff bracelet...this is the first time that I know of that he hasn't had it on in 2 or 3 decades??? What's up with that??

quote:

07-19-03 10:49 AM

quote:

07-19-03 10:49 AM

quote:

07-19-03 11:45 AM
steel driving hammer Joke -

I heard that Ronnie's car was involved in an accident last night.

Must of been a bump in the road!

Oh oh oh...
07-19-03 01:34 PM
Staffan
quote:
Joke -

I heard that Ronnie's car was involved in an accident last night.

Must of been a bump in the road!

Oh oh oh...

Hi SDH,
Well, I read in a Swedish newspaper "Keith drove into a concrete pillar" in large size. But of course, Keith himself didn't drive the car, and the car just scraped the concrete thing. Man, they do everything to sell papers. If I had the time I'd email them and demand an apology for the stupid headline.

Tomorrow I'll see the STONES!!!
07-19-03 03:16 PM
tydyelady "I just noticed that Keith has played the last two gigs WITHOUT the ever present handcuff bracelet...this is the first time that I know of that he hasn't had it on in 2 or 3 decades??? What's up with that??"

Yes, finally someone else noticed this!!! Whats up??
07-19-03 03:42 PM
steel driving hammer RS.com,

Ah…the joys of international travel. If you could peek into our hotel rooms right now…this is what you would see…clothes, shoes, books and all sorts of “I can’t live without this” stuff piled around on every available surface. It is unpacking time. We’re going to be in Stockholm for almost a week. Time to tip out the suitcases, send the laundry out, get reorganized…and stuff it all back in the bags again!

The stadium we played in tonight was built in 1912 for the Olympic Games. It is made of browny-red brick with medieval-ish towers and a royal box. Nostalgic and classic. It is still used almost weekly and is home to football and rugby matches in addition to concerts.

Scandinavia is experiencing some kind of wicked heat wave. It is broiling hot out there. During the show, the video desk melted…yes, melted. We lost our video switching for a few songs (until Hammid – video genius – rewired the board in the middle of the show and got things working again). A few of the knobs actually melted. Melted. Yikes!

This was the first of our three shows in Sweden. Stadium tonight. Arena on Sunday. Theatre show on Tuesday. Lots of blonde people in the audience. Looking out at the crowd, we could definitely tell we were in Sweden.

“Satisfaction” was especially hot tonight. The sound system was pumping, the crowd was singing along, everyone was dancing in the rain of red confetti.

Tomorrow (titular day off-ha!-there is no such animal) the band is doing interviews with BBC Radio 2 and T4 television from the UK. Rumor is that several of the guys are planning boat trips in the late afternoon/early evening. We’re surrounded by water here. Check out the photo from my hotel room window.

07-19-03 06:17 PM
J.J.Flash

OH YEAH, KEITH ALWAYS LOOKS GREAT WITH HIS SUNGLASSES. GREAT, LIKE I ALWAYS SAY: THE REAL ROCK'N'ROLLER! HE LOOKS MORE EVIL THAN EVER WITH SUNGLASSES!
Great pics! Thanks people!
Cheers!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
07-19-03 06:30 PM
stonedinaustralia interesting about keith's handcuff bracelet ' cos he has been wearing it for a long long time

two explanations come to mind

people often discard something like that (that is something that has been a part of them for a long time) when they want to change something about their lives or something has indeed already changed and losing the object is a symbolic refelection of that change(makes you wonder)

the other explanation is a lot more mundane - it got damaged somehow and is at the jewellers being repaired - i wonder if it will reappear any time soon
07-19-03 09:54 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
interesting about keith's handcuff bracelet ' cos he has been wearing it for a long long time

two explanations come to mind

people often discard something like that (that is something that has been a part of them for a long time) when they want to change something about their lives or something has indeed already changed and losing the object is a symbolic refelection of that change(makes you wonder)
[...]

Oh my distant friend, I just hope Keith come back to wear his bracelet. He never could stop using this item. That's his "trade-mark". You know, that skull ring, that gesture which he makes beating his closed hands against head and body, everything defines - KEITH RICHARDS, himself.

Well, talking about that bracelet, for a long time I was wondering if would be possible, show some pictures for any "artist" who works with this kind of job, well, showing a picture for the guy and so he makes a replica. Is it possible? The same question goes for that skull ring. What do you think people? Would be possible?

Have a great Sunday everybody!
Regards!
07-19-03 11:38 PM
stonedinaustralia hey flash - any silversmith worth their salt should be able to reproduce them

i understand that jb has had his own made up - is that correct jb
07-19-03 11:48 PM
J.J.Flash Thank you kindly! But I didn't understand the line about JB. Did JB buy a replica, like I asked you if would be possible?
Thanks again amigo!
Now I must sleep. It's 12:48 AM right now.
Cheers!

P.S.: Like I always say, sorry any mistake from my english.

Jack Flash from Brazil!
07-20-03 03:58 AM
Moonisup Keith had that handcuff bracelet on in Olympia, and took it off after a few songs,