ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

On flight between Bloomington and Detroit, July 26, 1975
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Sympathy For The Devil" dance mix single release: August 25th?? Return to archive
07-16-03 07:15 PM
Soldatti Acording to recently news:
The new single will be released worldwide in August (25th in England/Europe, 26th in the States).
"Sympathy For The Devil" is a re-mix of the classic song by Fatboy Slim.
I heard the song in dance clubs here in Argentina in the last 2 weeks and is "Sympathy For The Devil" with dance rhythm.

In amazon.co.uk the single is shown but is too soon to view details.
Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000059ZB4/ref=sr_aps_music_1_2/202-9796118-8778217

A new "Little Less Conversation"?
Time will said
07-17-03 06:44 AM
egon 1st he did satisfaction, and now this????

This boy pretty much remixes every band/song that is out there.

I say stick to making your own music, which btw is already crap enough!

And a word of advise (though apparently already too late)

DO NOT MESS WITH ONE OF THE GREATEST ROCK SONGS EVER RECORDER!!!

I feel so used...

07-17-03 10:17 AM
stonedinaustralia egon, what do you mean you feel so used??

this is the post-modern world so you'd better get used to the idea - and this goes back to that recent dylan thread about originality/artistic tradition - you think the stones came up with all their stuff in an artistic vacuum - i mean, tell it to chuck berry and muddy waters - hell, ask johnny johnson and see what he's got to say about it

i look forward to hearing it - it might be good - it might be crap but i'll wait 'til i hear it before i make up my mind

remember, nothing is sacred...
07-17-03 11:34 AM
egon i say; do a cover (if you must), but not a remix!!!!
07-17-03 01:58 PM
sandrew The Neptunes, from my adopted state of Virginia, are also involved with the remix. I think they're pretty talented at what they do.
07-18-03 07:33 PM
The Eggman I have to agree, Pharrell (from the Neptunes) has turned a series of hip hop artists and non hip hop names on with more creative sounds and beats. Pharrell is the man behind most catchy (mostly from a younger person's who goes to Top 40 nite club) songs for this people.

Now I have to admit, Dr. Dre did a nice version of Miss You, which was sorta good and nice to see an old song re-vived

SFTD is an odd choice, intersting but odd....we'll have to wait and see!
07-21-03 08:10 AM
egon
quote:
The Eggman wrote:
Now I have to admit, Dr. Dre did a nice version of Miss You, which was sorta good and nice to see an old song re-vived

please stop the crazy talk!
07-21-03 08:55 AM
Jumacfly agree with Egon, no more hip hop remix !!!
sounds like crappy and basic music: i take a famous tittle,add boum boum like hip hop,make a poor guy rapping on this and give me money honey! that SUCKS!! i would prefer a chuck solo record, with a ten minutes version of tumblin dice!!

But, for example, the stones remix made for the tv show on french tv arte last winter was great...it was a REAL work, not a poor copy...a mix of satisfaction, sympathy bongo beat,and other stones tunes...anyone heard of it??