ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

On flight between Bloomington and Detroit, July 26, 1975
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JIM CALLAHAN Return to archive
07-10-03 11:15 PM
BILL PERKS WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE DEPARTURE OF JC?SOMEONE IN THE KNOW PLEASE ELUCIDATE.SERGEI??DOUG??WAS HE FIRED OR IS IT HEALTH RELATED?
07-11-03 12:02 AM
stonedinaustralia he had a heart attack during the asian leg of the tour
07-11-03 02:14 AM
mac_daddy who?
07-11-03 06:40 AM
prism J.C. is the Security Man. He needs a rest. Fans like us sometimes cause too much stress.
07-11-03 10:05 AM
Lazy Bones Seen here with Mick.
(Taken at the Masonic Temple in Toronto during summer rehearsals last year, 26-Jul-02, by Toronto Tom.)

An update of his condition would be appreciated if anyone knows anything! He's a great guy - nice to fans. He provided advanced info re: the Palais Royale show to the regulars at the rehearsals.

07-13-03 11:47 AM
Gazza Ive heard a couple of different stories as to why Jim's off the tour and only one of them is health-related. Suffice to say,it appears he's gone for good.
07-13-03 01:13 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ive heard a couple of different stories as to why Jim's off the tour and only one of them is health-related. Suffice to say,it appears he's gone for good.

That's too bad.

Thanks, Gazza.
07-13-03 06:43 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ive heard a couple of different stories as to why Jim's off the tour and only one of them is health-related. Suffice to say,it appears he's gone for good.

care to share the details with us gazza??
07-13-03 06:45 PM
Moonisup i don't think the details are important

when you "disappear" after 30 years with the stones, well, it won't be about singing under the shower,

sorry for Jim,

[Edited by Moonisup]
07-13-03 09:23 PM
BILL PERKS WHY DOES EVERYONE WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED ACT LIKE ALAN DUNN?ARE WE AFRAID OF LOSING INSIDE INFO IF WE TELL THE TRUTH?ARE US PUNTERS NOT WORTHY TO KNOW WHY A BELOVED STP EMPLOYEE HAS BEEN SACKED.IF IT'S HEALTH RELATED HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO SAY THAT.IF NOT WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE COVERING UP...AND WHY???
07-13-03 10:47 PM
stonedinaustralia agreed bill

and i would add my interest goes beyond the vouyeristic/ gossip

while i never met JC - a friend of mine got to know him when jagger did his solo tour here in '88

then in '95 and last feb. thanks to that connection - i was able to hang out in the VIP area - not as glamourous as it sounds - didn't meet anyone from the entourage (much less band memebers) but nevertheless it was still a rare insight into the stones world (plus some free bers)for which i have JC to thank
07-14-03 06:14 AM
Mathijs A scalper has been caught with a large quantity of VIP tickets, and after questioning in turned out he had bought them from Callahan. JC was then fired by Jagger and Cohl.

Mathijs
07-14-03 06:41 AM
Monkey Woman Where did you get that, Matjis??? I was under the impression that JC's absence was related to his health problems. A heart attack and subsequent surgery is no joke, it would be reason enough for him to go into retirement. But if such a guy did something as stupid as selling ticks to scalpers... What a world!
07-14-03 08:16 AM
Mathijs A close friend of JC.

Mathijs
07-14-03 11:24 AM
Gazza >WHY DOES EVERYONE WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED ACT LIKE ALAN DUNN?ARE WE AFRAID OF LOSING INSIDE INFO IF WE TELL THE TRUTH?ARE US PUNTERS NOT WORTHY TO KNOW WHY A BELOVED STP EMPLOYEE HAS BEEN SACKED.IF IT'S HEALTH RELATED HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO SAY THAT.IF NOT WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE COVERING UP...AND WHY???

Simple reason. As I said earlier I "DONT" know, I only heard "rumours" and the internet being what it is, rumours quickly become accepted as fact and I'm damned if I'm going to gossip about someone when i don't know the full details. If I "KNEW" I'd post the info as I always do. And I DONT have "inside info" to lose as I'm no more or less a fucking "punter" as you or anyone else. All I DID know was he won't be coming back.

For the record, the story I heard matches that related above by Mathijs.

07-14-03 06:19 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks mathjis and gazza - 'tho i take the news with gazza's caveat in mind... it is hard to believe - esp. when the health explanation sounds much more reasonable

i believe JC runs his own show-biz security business "showsec" - the stones being his premier client - i also understand dylan is also on his books (do you know if that is so gazza??) - so the idea that he needed to make a feww extra $ by scalping VIP tickets is a little hard to accept - if it is true well it almost beggars belief
07-14-03 06:30 PM
Gazza Jim does indeed act as Dylan's head of security. However when the Stones are on the road at the same time, he works with them - as he told me on one occasion when I met him "they pay more.."

...seemingly not enough though!!
07-14-03 06:49 PM
Miss U. I don't know how true this all is....
I remember offering JC hundreds of dollars between me & another person to get into the Palais gig last summer. He laughed like he always does & said, "do you know how much money I make? I don't need your money." He makes a 6 figure salary.
After serving the Stones for 30 years, I'd like to think they have some loyalty to him as well.
[Edited by Miss U.]
07-15-03 08:34 AM
gotdablouse Great, at last some tacky stories and scandal around the Stones. Too bad he sold tickets on the side instead of leaking the tapes of the SW, B2B and Paris 2002 sessions :-(
[Edited by gotdablouse]
07-15-03 03:19 PM
Hand of Fate JC has doen't run showsec but is dylans head of security, with the ticket thing and the heart attack the stones have sent jc home on full pay is what I heard.
07-15-03 05:53 PM
stonedinaustralia well, according to marko he's in helsinki with the band

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
07-15-03 06:23 PM
Hand of Fate I guarantee 100% he's not in Helsinki
07-15-03 10:35 PM
BILL PERKS GAZZA-I WASNT SINGLING OUT YOU.I JUST THOUGHT PEOPLE WHO KNEW WERE BEING TOO CRYPTIC.THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INFO THEY DO KNOW.
07-16-03 05:39 PM
Gazza I know you werent, Bill and I didnt take it personally. Just clarifying that I wouldnt post a serious accusation/rumour like that about someone without it having some credibility first,so thats why I was reluctant to give details. No offence taken, and none meant in my reply either,mate!
07-18-03 03:52 PM
Pattie
Isn't Allan Dunn and Arnold around anymore?
07-18-03 07:28 PM
Highway Child JC, we miss you !!! That's all I have to say! What's happenned is not important!! it's not our business!!!!!