ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

On flight between Bloomington and Detroit, July 26, 1975
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards IS a Pirate Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-15-03 04:58 PM
steel driving hammer Yes I got it, I was only fucking with you.

It would just be interesting if they did slow down and add a bass/rythem...

07-15-03 06:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot No it wouldn't be interesting at all.

Why do I even bother with you? It's like talking to a bag of rocks.
07-15-03 09:11 PM
Maxlugar Maybe I missed something here, and I was out of the loop for a while, but did something happen between you two that I don't know about?

07-15-03 09:24 PM
steel driving hammer No, I just mentioned I think it would be interesting if The White Stripes had a Bassist and a Guitarist then SS jumps on me like a Terrorist.
07-15-03 10:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm jumping on this because you are pulling your same stupid shit.

How brilliant. Add a bass player and another guitar and make the White Stripes sound just like everyone else. Why in God's name would you want to take away one of the very things that makes them so unique?

On top of that, I give you the words of Jack White himself on the subject, and it makes ZERO fucking impression on you.

What IS it with you? You want Wingless Angels to be a blues record, you want the White Stripes to be a four piece....does what the ARTISTS themselves want have no impression on you? If we went by your suggestions everything would sound the same!!!

BORING!

If Keith had wanted to make a blues album, he would have made a fucking blues album. But that isn't what he wanted. He wanted to make a rasta chant album....and that is NOTHING like a blues album. If Jack White had wanted to be in a four piece band...he would have stayed in The Go. Did you even READ what Jack said in that excerpt that I posted?

See, the thing that bugs me most is you have the audacity to say that Jack White NEEDS to do this that and the other....or that Keith NEEDED to make Wingless Angels a blues record. Are you going to tell us all next, what Bob Dylan NEEDS to do to be a better artist?

I tried to make you understand back on the Wingless Angels thread, and I tried to make you understand in this thread...if you change things in style and form, then they are no longer what the artist intended. And quite simply, you do not have the right to tell artists of Keith and Jack's stature ANYTHING about ANYTHING because you don't know ANYTHING about what they are doing!

If you want everything to sound like white boy blues...have at it. There's all kinds of that shit available. Knock yourself out.

Some of us dig a little deeper than that. And when we find something that turns us on, the last thing we want is some halfwit nobody telling us it needs to be different!

Tony...just stick to the "Stones rule you bastards" posts. When you do that you are a like-able goofball. But when you get in over your head, and start spouting off about things that you know ZIP about...you're just an annoying fuckwit.

Does that answer your question Maxy?
07-15-03 10:52 PM
gypsy SS, I was asking myself the other day why the fuck you even bother explaining yourself to SDH. Give it up. It's like when I was 5, and my mom said that 95% of the people I would meet in the world would be idiots...and you never get anywhere when you try to argue your point with an idiot...now I think my mom would have been closer with 99.5%.
07-15-03 11:02 PM
Soul Survivor The White Stripes are different. A modern band not aiming for real commercial success, but simply the music. There are tons of bands that sound alike, and have the usual 4/5 members. So when a band like the White Stripes comes along it's somewhat refreshing. They have a blues rock sound witch a dig, and theres only 2 members....and with only 2 members they still manage to pull it all off. Now that I like. It shows how powerful their music really is.

See, i get it, its really not hard to understand
[Edited by Soul Survivor]
07-16-03 10:32 AM
Soul Survivor "Hello Operator" is a great Stripes tune that shows they only need 2 members
07-16-03 11:02 AM
Joey Let me Educate each and every single one of you fine individuals :

You see , the pirate is more myth than reality.

They were anything but high seas loners out for a good time. They were funded by the Monarchy of England.

You see, the English and Spanish had this truce ya know and they could not openly steal the Spanish gold that they had in turn stole from the various South American "Indians".

-- Thank You

The Joey , Established 1999 ( March 6th , 1:20 AM )

07-16-03 11:37 AM
telecaster I know a guy that was a butt pirate.
07-16-03 11:49 AM
Joey " I know a guy that was a butt pirate. "

Tele ...........................................

You make Joey sniggle .
07-16-03 01:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I know a guy that was a butt pirate.<

Tele...I didn't know that you knew Joey away from the board.

{{{KEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKK}}}

John Kruk: Man oh man Harry, I ain't never seen a ball fly completely out of the Vet before. SS tomhawked that sucker all the way to Geno's.

Harry Kalas: Kruker, you better go fetch that ball...and while you are at it, pick up a couple of cheesesteaks and a six of Yings.

John Kruk: If I do that Harry, I ain't coming back! Let's just send the right field "ball" girl. Then we can get her down on all fours and use her back for a table!
07-16-03 01:06 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
telecaster wrote:
I know a guy that was a butt pirate.

I was wondering when that would find its way into this thread...

speaking of "Wingless Angels" - where can I find a copy. I want to buy it, but I can never find a copy at the local Tower or Amoeba shops. I know this is OT, but what the hell - PM me if you know where I can find this one
07-16-03 01:11 PM
Joey Stoney ..........................

" John Kruk: Man oh man Harry, I ain't never seen a ball fly completely out of the Vet before. SS tomhawked that sucker all the way to Geno's. "

Is that the same Kruk ( Kruky ) who was on that television show " Best Damn Sports Show Period ? "

I thought your Phillies got a new stadium this year ?

Wait , that might be NEXT season .

Makes no difference , your Nitney Lions are STILL going to get their heads handed to them by my beloved Huskers ( and we don't even have a Quarterback ) .

Damn Straight My Brother ...................Weep now !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JACKY !

Skittles !
07-16-03 01:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot PM Nasty Habits...I'll bet he can fix you up with a copy!
07-16-03 06:13 PM
Maxlugar I passed THE Nittany Lion over my head at a football game at Penn State circa 1985. It was hard, as my head is six times the size of regular folk due to excessive genius.

I am better than most.
07-16-03 06:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh Maxy...I empathize completely. Having a huge brain crammed full of genius can be quite trying.

But I have the added burden of having enormous genitalia as well. You see I seem to have been blessed/cursed with excessive amounts of machismo.

Thankfully, my enormous genitalia balance with my enormous brain so that I am not lopsided.

It is just another reason why I wear armour.
07-16-03 07:02 PM
Maxlugar So you look like a giant dumbell?

Did you ever "pass the lion" with your huge love pump?

So many questions.....

And so much dinner waiting for me downstairs...

L8R!

MACKY!!!+!
07-16-03 08:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot No...they don't let me pass the lion. They won't let me anywhere near the lion. They told me that they don't want to give the lion an inferiority complex.

So instead they send him to Nebraska where the lion will develope a God complex.

07-16-03 08:15 PM
steel driving hammer If Brian Jones were alive today, would he be a Pirate?

Food for thought, I couldn't really even guess.

He might of gone Pop (Top 40 Twat Shit)

He might of gone Deep (Top 40 Licks)

07-16-03 09:04 PM
Maxlugar I think Brian was more waif than pirate.

Perhaps he was a government funded Praviteer

MAxy!!!&!
07-16-03 09:16 PM
Joey " So instead they send him to Nebraska where the lion will develope a God complex. "

Huh ???????????????????

Johnny Carson was FROM Nebraska .................He Doesn't LIVE there .

Man do I miss Johnny . Ever since he left television there has been thousands and thousands of voices all shouting out and screaming to be heard -- trying in vain to replace the man , the myth , the living legend .

Now , if you will all excuse me , it is off to " The Brazen Head " this evening for a couple ( just a couple ) of Guinnesses as your young Joey has to be on a conference call bright and early tomorrow morning and wants to chime in and articulate something intelligent instead of the usual :

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JACKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

" Slap the shit out of me Ronnie "

JACKY !
07-16-03 09:28 PM
steel driving hammer Ah, the Conference Call...

Joey if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.

But if you lied, you have to cover up that lie and live with it...

I have experience on both.

For I am a Man Of 'All' Seasons...
07-17-03 11:56 AM
Joey " And so much dinner waiting for me downstairs... "

To feed the enormous EGO !

JACKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 2 3