ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

On flight between Bloomington and Detroit, July 26, 1975
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards IS a Pirate Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-11-03 06:11 PM
gypsy FG, that's assault with a deadly weapon in my book. It looked like he hit her pretty hard. Freakin' egomaniac athletes.
Joey, I know Angelina's dad is Jon Voight. Her mother is a French actress, Marcheline Bertrand...she is very beautiful...Angelina looks just like her...but I do see a resemblance to Jon in the jawline.
Jon Voight is a real asshole. My dad met him at some boxing match years ago. This one really nice guy who trains pro boxers hooked Jon up with a ringside seat and all. Then, he went up to Jon and said "Hi, it's nice to meet you." Not at all stalker-like or overly friendly. And Jon just gave him a dirty look, never thanked him for the seat...just a real jerk.
07-11-03 06:12 PM
telecaster Ever see "For A Few Dollars More" with Clint Eastwood

Keith looks just like the first guy that Lee Van Cleef
chases down and blows away in the opening scene, bad teeth and all. 1972 Keith and it is a 1967 movie, did Keith steel driving hammer the look

Fiji welcome back from your AWOL

07-11-03 06:20 PM
Factory Girl Gypsy, I agree. The POS assaulted the little weiner and caused her weiner-ly harm.

Seriously, the assault should be taken seriously by the authorities. I head the POS say he was just playing with the weiner. Well, he is a grown man and should have expresed his amusement in a non-violent way.

Many athletes think they're above the law.
07-11-03 06:20 PM
Joey " Not at all stalker-like or overly friendly. And Jon just gave him a dirty look, never thanked him for the seat...just a real jerk. "

Probably why he played " Howard Cosell " so well in the movie " ALI "

Now , if you will all excuse me , it is 5:15 PM and Pub Time .

Charlestons beckons like the sirens upon the rocks .

-- Sound of Joey turning off his computer , sliding his chair back , and heading off to the races --

" Jagger and RedBull " for the Joey and " Vodka and RedBull " for the ladies ..................Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Tasty !

" It's going to be a fun night Ronnie "

See everyone Monday Morning .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
07-11-03 10:21 PM
Maxlugar Unfortunately, the pirate is more myth than reality.

They were anything but high seas loners out for a good time. They were funded by the Monarchy of England.

Yep.

You see, the English and Spanish had this truce ya know and they could not openly steal the Spanish gold that they had in turn stole from the various South American "Indians".

So what's a Queen to do?

Fund a bunch of scurvy dogs to go streal it for you and make it look like you had nothing to do with it.

YES!!!!

Long Dong MAXY! (Red Beard Down Below!)

[Edited by Maxlugar]
07-12-03 06:26 AM
marko Hey Fleabit,,i didnīt get the dvd yet?worth of money?actaully this is my 1st cash album,i bought it because i
heard "HURT" which is a PERFECT song,damn i love it.BUT,
i think that "personal jesus" has THE HEAVIEST RIFF iīve heard in years,,,that song fucking grooves,oh btw,i think
you can hear lot of Jhonny cash on keiths playing,like dead
flowers,or even prodigal son.Even keith was probaply closer
to Parsons?.
07-12-03 07:10 AM
stonedinaustralia hay markp - have you been drinking and playing with the trains??

how did the big move go or is it stil happening??

re J.C./keith - always remember keiths' first gig was with a c'n'w band...he's not only a pirate but a cowboy too... a C20th billy the kid...he shot a man in reno just to watch him die...
07-12-03 07:16 AM
mac_daddy to clarify - both Angelina and Billy Bob have issues...

Angelina is into cutting (as is our boy Johnny Depp) - this is an act that speaks volumes about one's personality...

Ask her about the vile of blood (of Billy Bob's) that she used to keep around her neck..

Billy Bob is a sex-addict. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back in that relationship was the fact that when the two of them went to a sex therapist to work this shit out, Billy Bob started banging the therapist...

back to the pirate thing, Depp also had his teeth capped in gold for the part - how are Keith's chompers? They aren't capped are they? They couldn't be any worse than Bowie's...
07-12-03 07:31 AM
marko not moving yet,we close the deal of the house next thursday,
but weīre allready packing things.All my trains are back in
boxes.We must be outta my apartment on 31st of august,also
the house,where we are moving,must be empty by then.
07-12-03 08:36 AM
stonedinaustralia marko

cool

cheers
07-12-03 10:10 AM
Sir Stonesalot Bowie got his teeth fixed. They look fine now. Remember that one tooth of his that kind of grew out of his mouth sideways? That, and the big black eyeball, were always very distracting.

If I'm not mistaking...Keith has dentures now.
07-12-03 10:26 AM
marko haha so dentures makes him to look like a pirate?
07-12-03 10:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot Of course not, but his old rotten teeth sure looked like they belonged in a pirates mouth!
07-12-03 11:38 AM
marko Indeed they did!I think no-one looks more pirate than keef
from 1972-1975 or 78.
07-12-03 12:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Gypsy!

07-12-03 12:02 PM
FPM C10
quote:
marko wrote:
Hey Fleabit,,i didnīt get the dvd yet?worth of money?actaully this is my 1st cash album,i bought it because i
heard "HURT" which is a PERFECT song,damn i love it.

Over here the DVD comes with the CD. I don't think you can get it seperately...it's just the video for "Hurt", which, as was discussed here a few months ago, is one of the best/saddest/most moving videos ever made. And "Hurt" IS a perfect song - NIN and Bowie both have great versions, but it's a Johnny Cash song now.

Johnny doesn't play anything on the album, or not much. He's too palsied to play anymore. Most of the guitar is by Smoky Hormel, who's worked with Beck and Tom Waits. And the "Johnny Cash sound" on guitar, that sound of a train rollin' 'round the bend, is actually attributable to the late Luther Perkins, and honestly I don't hear a lot of his influence in Keith's style. His philosophy fits, though - when asked why his style was so sparse when other guitarists flew up and down the fretboard, Luther said "They're lookin' for it. I found it."
07-12-03 12:15 PM
steel driving hammer What am I doing? On a Saturday afternoon searching the History Of Pirates...

Throughout history pirates have terrorized the world's seas. The 1600's and early 1700's were known as the Golden Age of Piracy.

Ships loaded with goods such as gold, tobacco, silks and spices, would be sailing back to Europe. Pirates could not resist the temptation to rob these ships.

True Pirates

True pirates stole from anyone. They were criminals and if caught, faced certain death. Most British pirates were hanged. Their bodies were then chained by the River Thames as a warning.

During the 1600's, a group of runaway men (slaves), criminals and refugees were living in the Caribbean. Mainly Dutch, English and French, they hated the Spanish, who ruled much of the Caribbean at that time. They enjoyed attacking the Spanish ships and did so whenever they could.

The most clever cutthroat of all, this buccaneer Capt. Henry Morgan who would pilfer his own men. Morgan was born about 1635 in Glamorganshire Wales. History has it that Morgan was the nephew of Colonel Edward Morgan who looted and captured St. Euststius and Saba Island. These two islands are just south of the US Virgin Islands and west of St. Martin. Both islands are small.

Privateers

Sponsored by their government, privateers had permission to rob ships. Privateers had letters of marque. These letters could save them from punishment.

One of the most dreaded pirates of all was Edward Teach, or Blackbeard. To make himself look terrifying during a raid, he used to braid lit hemp fuses into his hair and bread. The same kind of fuse to light cannons. These fuses burned slowly and smoked. He looked like he was on fire. Some time between 1716 and 1718, Blackbeard attacked many ships during this time and it was the governor of Virginia who sent two Navy ships to capture him. After a long battle, Blackbeard waskilled.

Bartholomew Roberts seem to be the most successful pirate. Between 1719 and 1722, he captured more than 400 ships off the coast of West Africa and Canada and the Caribbean. Roberts was a religious man and banned his crew from gambling. Strict as he was he was cruel to his prisoners. He would wear fine clothes while in battle.

07-12-03 01:55 PM
Talya Peachfeather [quote]steel driving hammer wrote:
What am I doing? On a Saturday afternoon searching the History Of Pirates...

LOL!!!! SDH - indeed what ARE you doing!!!! I think you forgot what you said you'd be doing yesterday!!! LOL!!!
07-12-03 10:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot >SDH - indeed what ARE you doing!!!!<

I'll tell you what he's doing....

Clip and pasting an article that someone else wrote, and not giving that person any credit.

A very pirate-like thing to do.
07-12-03 11:16 PM
steel driving hammer Marc all kidding aside..............................

I'd really like to know how many Silver Pressings Boots The White Stripes really have???

Answer, not too many, if none at all.

I bet CF was listening to CDR's, NOT Bootlegs.

Meantime, I'm going to go fix my face, don't your worry, I'll be back.

Like a mustard for a ham....
07-13-03 06:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I have 3 different shows that were commercially packaged. Mine are CDR copies, but they came from silver pressings. And I know that there are a pile of silver Stripeys out there. The best one that I have is the Peel Sessions.

I don't know what Fang has, you'll have to ask him. It would NOT surprise me if he has silver pressed discs though.

Jack and Meg are media darlings right now. Bootleggers will jump all over that. I'd be willing to guess that there are way more silver pressed boots of them than either one of us might think.
07-13-03 09:12 PM
steel driving hammer You know, to me, the Stripes are a step in the right direction. But their missing something, what it is, I don't know. They got a good steady beat which I hope they keep. A great guitarist who is not into Punk music (something I don't like).

Maybe they just need to slow down the chords, enjoy the feel, maybe get a rythem guitar and a bassist.

Again, their stepping in the right direction, but they sure got a long way to go.
07-14-03 01:40 AM
Child of the Moon I saw the film last night. It was a good one, but Johnny Depp/Sparrow/Keef was THE highlight. It makes me happy to know that I can actually act like Keith now and not feel like I'm the only one doing it.

Seriously, just like SS said, it was eerie how accurate Depp's portrayal was.
07-14-03 06:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot >You know, to me, the Stripes are a step in the right direction. But their missing something, what it is, I don't know. They got a good steady beat which I hope they keep. A great guitarist who is not into Punk music (something I don't like).

Maybe they just need to slow down the chords, enjoy the feel, maybe get a rythem guitar and a bassist.

Again, their stepping in the right direction, but they sure got a long way to go.<

Oh my GOD!

Boy, you missed the entire point of the White Stripes if you think they need another guitar and a bass. And don't tell any of the punk bands that Jack has guested with, played in, or for that matter produced records for, that he isn't into it! They might not like the fact that he's been faking all these years.

Do you ever bother to look to see if what you post is true before you hit the submit button?
07-14-03 07:24 PM
steel driving hammer There's sure been alot of talk that the Stripes are just another Stones band. But from what I saw on Conan the Barbarian, they're not even close.

They need to slow down, ease into it, get a bass, get a rythem and just get into the groove.
07-14-03 09:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot SDH...Here is what Jack White would say to you.

From Blender Magazine, May 2003 issue, page 107, 3rd paragraph from the top:

"People who don't know much about us," he says, "always ask, 'So when are you going to get a bass player?' It's like, why do you want that from us? I know you're not asking the Strokes when they are getting a violin player. But these 'novelty' ideas are what weeds out those who don't want to dig deeper. If you can't see past that, then fine, go away! Don't even bother with us."

Here's something else from that same interview:

"It's not like a Kurt Cobain thing, where I hate fame. But when your idols are telling you that they love what you are doing-like Bob Dylan sent down word that he's a fan-what do you do with THAT?" He pauses desperately. "It's really hard to understand what you should think about that sort of thing."

I wonder if Dylan told him he NEEDED to get a 2nd guitar player, a bass player, and slow down....so they could sound just like every other boring "alternative" band out there.

Tony, I don't think you will ever get it. "It" is beyond your grasp.

Here's a clue for you.....Robert Johnson never had a bass player. Think about it.
07-15-03 04:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, that's what I thought.

Kind of hard to respond to that isn't it?
07-15-03 04:25 PM
steel driving hammer Umm, Robert Johnson could barely afford a record session...

Plus, most 1930's Bluemen could not afford a bassists or a rythem guitarist.
07-15-03 04:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh geez.

You STILL don't understand?

Dude, Robert Johnson's music didn't NEED a bass player or another guitar player. It has nothing to do with what he could or couldn't afford.

Did you not get what Jack White was saying in that interview?
07-15-03 04:55 PM
Moonisup i think robert johnson had 8 hands, if you listen carefully, so good as he is, on that old dusty recordings, goosebumps all over
Page: 1 2 3