ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

On flight between Bloomington and Detroit, July 26, 1975
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards IS a Pirate Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-10-03 09:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh yes he is mate.

I just saw it.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl that is...and it is a very good thing.

Johnny Depp portrayed Keith Richards as Captain Jack Sparrow. And he got it EXACTLY right. He does Keef better than Keef does Keef.

I swear...there were times when I forgot I was watching Depp, and not Keith. You can tell those 2 have spent some serious time together. The inflection of the voice, the facial mannerisms, the hand gestures...it's all Keith. So is the hair....stuff all weaved in a tangled mass...all held in place with a dirty red bandana...with more stuff weaved in and dangling down.

So here is my theory. Johnny is playing Keith in this Pirate movie. On this tour, Keith is playing Johnny playing Keith as a pirate.

Go see the movie. You'll see what I mean.

Oh, the movie is pretty cool too. As my boy said to my wife(who hated it...that is a good sign for a movie), "Oh come on Mom, any movie with zombie pirates in it has GOT to be great."
07-10-03 09:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Click the image for more

Pic provided by Parmeda
07-10-03 09:23 PM
Maxlugar That movie looks great and who is that LOVELY lass I see in the commercial? Does she have much screen time?

I think I just soiled a sock! And they're in my sock drawer!

Nice.

MAXY!
07-10-03 09:23 PM
steel driving hammer When Parmeda asked about Keith in the Stade De France thread, I was going to mention something about a Pirate too. You are right, Keith is a Pirate. Hey maybe your son will dress up like a Pirate this Holloween! He'l have great help from you w/ all the fine trimmings...

Depp also used the same color head wrap as Keiths, light Pink.

But I hope people other than us Stones message boards, see the resemblence.

07-10-03 09:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot >But I hope people other than us Stones message boards, see the resemblence. <

Good God I hope not! The last thing I want is a bunch of know nothing twats running around trying to be Keith!

I'd end up killing someone!

SDH....there are very very very few people who can carry off what Johnny Depp just did. The last thing in the world I want is some Queen or Rush fan thinking Keith is a cool pirate.

"Just promise me you won't do anything stupid."

07-10-03 09:35 PM
steel driving hammer SS, like Luke Skywalker said to Darth Vader, "I will not fight you"

But I'm a Queen fan? Since when?

I only said I like 2 of their songs and they are...

Fat Bottom Girls and It's A Kind Of Magic.

Especially It's A Kind Of Magic Magic MAGIC - Guitar!

07-10-03 09:48 PM
gypsy Thanks for the review, SS.
Seems to me like Keith should rake in some of the profits from this movie since the character is practically based on him.
07-10-03 09:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Tony, are you drunk, or just retarded?

I wasn't talking about you. Read the post again. And then read it again. If you still don't get after that, let me know and I'll try to go monosyllabic for you.
07-10-03 11:34 PM
MP Keef's Cap'n Hook and Mick's Peter Pan....
07-10-03 11:39 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
MP wrote:
Keef's Cap'n Hook and Mick's Peter Pan....

Nice! Now whats Charlie and Ronnie?

Charlie drives the ship and Ronnie drinks the stolen wine...
07-11-03 08:07 AM
Factory Girl Thanks for the review SS. I hope the movie does really well.
07-11-03 11:07 AM
marko Forget shit like queen,and buy latest Jhonny Cash album.
07-11-03 03:26 PM
FPM C10
quote:
marko wrote:
Forget shit like queen,and buy latest Jhonny Cash album.

There you go, my crazy C10 bastard brother. Did you get the version with the "Hurt" DVD?

I'm not nuts about "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" but "Your Own Personal Jesus" and "Sam Hall" are GREAT, damn your eyes.

I guess we talked about that some time ago.

Johnny looks REALLY bad since June died. Worse than in the "Hurt" video, if that's possible. It breaks my heart to see a giant like him reduced to frailty.
07-11-03 03:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Johnny Cash would have made a great pirate.

Who else would have made a great pirate?

I'll start....

Ummmm....

Tom Waits.
07-11-03 03:37 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Who else would have made a great pirate?

Lemmy from Motorhead.

That SUCKS that Jack hurt his FINGER in a car wreck. I don't think there's enough time for it to heal before the 25th. SHIT.

Jack would be a BAD pirate. The other pirates would beat him up.
07-11-03 03:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot He'll be fine. Oh ye of little faith.

Jerry Lee Lewis would make a great pirate.
07-11-03 04:19 PM
Factory Girl Iggy Pop-pirate

Patti Smith-pirate

Angie Jolie-pirate's wench
07-11-03 04:34 PM
gypsy Oooh, so it's "Angie" Jolie, FG? Don't tell me you two are close. ha.
By the way, Angelina will be on Barbara Walters' show tonight...20/20, I think...a friend told me...she also said Barbara makes Angelina cry...that witch!
07-11-03 05:00 PM
Factory Girl Lol, Gypsy. I just don't want to spell out A.........a. Too long.

Just shows that you can have beauty, talent, money, pedigree and still pick loser dudes (BBob...lol).
07-11-03 05:07 PM
gypsy Ugh! I know. I thought "Billy Bob? WTF? Well, if Angelina loves him, I can respect that. He is a good actor...and anyone who takes on roles like he does can't be that bad."
But then he started his singing "career," and she adopted Maddox...and I guess Billy Bob was jealous. I don't know, but he is one weird dude.
Angelina did say in a recent interview that she wouldn't rule out being with a woman. So, hey, we have a chance! Even Joey has a chance now.
07-11-03 05:17 PM
Factory Girl Lol, gypsy, A/a has been with women. This is not her latest fancy.

Disclaimer: This is not first hand knowledge. No socks were used or harmed in this research.
07-11-03 05:28 PM
Joey Don't you think Pete Townshend would make a Great Pirate ???????

Gimme a J ! J !
Gimme a O ! O !
Gimme a E ! E !
Gimme a Y ! Y !

What's that spell ? Joey !

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah , Joey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunny !
07-11-03 05:32 PM
Fiji Joe Pirate?

I still think he was most aptly described as a "crippled spider"

Who plays one helluva guitar
07-11-03 05:41 PM
Joey " Pirate?

I still think he was most aptly described as a "crippled spider"

Who plays one helluva guitar "

Fiji ?????????????? Is that really you ????????

Where in the Hell have you been ?!?!?!?!?! Man , you were always Minty Fresh and could really write a post .

Tell me this my Brother ..............Are the Royals for real ??????????????????????????????????????????????? Have they caught lightening in a jar ??????????????????????

WTF ?!?!?!?!

The last time I visited Kauffman Stadium ( once the crown jewel of the Midwest I might add ) , George Brett was STILL playing AND winning batting titles ( circa 1990 / 1991 ) .

" Beat me to a pulp and call me Nancy Ronnie "

Jacky !
07-11-03 05:45 PM
Fiji Joe Yes Joey...the Royals are for real...They are World Serious!

As for where I've been...see my "I hear you talking post" below

Good to be back
07-11-03 05:49 PM
Joey " Good to be back "

Yes , I have missed your beer titties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking fine ................

Now cover up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.
07-11-03 05:51 PM
Fiji Joe Joey, come on down to K.C. and we'll hit a Royals game...I can get some pretty good free tickets...Plus, I am not above clubbing a sausage if I have to.
07-11-03 05:58 PM
gypsy Y'know, that was a woman dressed up as a weiner/sausage...that is so pathetic that some asshole would hit her with a bat. I saw that and was disgusted, yet aroused...
...developing.

Yeah, FG, Angelina was in love with Jenny Shimuzu (I think I spelled that right) for a while. Jenny just looks like an Asian boy to me...but if I ever came out of the closet, I would want my first lesbian experience to be with Angelina. She exudes sex.
07-11-03 06:03 PM
Factory Girl Yes, I was repulsed by the sausage incident. The dude that hit the poor little weiner is a POS!

Put me down for P.A.

Btw, gypsy, August 2003 Harper's Bazzar has an interview with Jade. Check it out.
07-11-03 06:06 PM
Joey " Joey, come on down to K.C. and we'll hit a Royals game...I can get some pretty good free tickets...Plus, I am not above clubbing a sausage if I have to. "

Fiji ..........................

I DEFINITELY will take you up on that if the Royals make the Playoffs .

Got a " Denver " trip coming up again in three weeks that is going to drain a lot of cash -- So what else is new ?

Why , oh Why , do all the groups I love charge hundreds of dollars to see in concert ??????????????????????????

And Gpys. , Angelia Jolie's father is John Voight you know ----- go figure where " the looks " came from .

Shiver .....................................

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACIMBO RAMA !

Page: 1 2 3