ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

On flight between Bloomington and Detroit, July 26, 1975
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Palais Omnisports Bercy, Paris - 7th July - Setlist, Pics & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-07-03 04:13 PM
Gazza Just had a phone call from SONICROCK live from Bercy!!

Its a "let it bleed" night in Paris and I just heard some of "Love In Vain"

setlist so far:

1. Street fighting man
2. IORR
3. If You Can't Rock Me
4. Don't Stop
5. Rocks Off
6. Love In Vain

Full setlist will be phoned in immediately after the concert
[Edited by Gazza]
07-07-03 04:52 PM
steel driving hammer Ah, love in vain, and IYCRM!!

First change in a while!!

Now who dat black girl w/ the bamboo hair???
07-07-03 04:56 PM
parmeda Steelie, you're slackin'...no pics yet? LOL!
(...just teasing )
07-07-03 05:45 PM
Gazza 1. Street fighting man
2. IORR
3. If You Can't Rock Me
4. Don't Stop
5. Rocks Off
6. Love In Vain
7. Live With Me
8. Monkey Man
9. Midnight Rambler
10. Tumbling Dice
11. Thru & Thru
12. Happy
13. Start Me Up
14. Cant you Hear Me knockin
15. Jumpin Jack Flash
16. Mannish Boy (b stage)
17. you Got Me rocking (b stage)
18. Brown Sugar (b stage)
19. satisfaction

the show is still going on as I type this and theyve just started the encore after a very long delay of about 5 minutes..Sonicrock didnt think they were going to get one.

and thats right - NO Honky Tonk women or Sympathy For The devil (unless they do another encore of course!)

thanks to Sonicrock for the phone calls!

07-07-03 05:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wow...MM, MR, and CYHMK, all in one show.

Brings back memories of Roseland...
07-07-03 05:56 PM
steel driving hammer First time Start Me Up was in the #13 slot position.

;^)
07-07-03 06:27 PM
sonicrock well well
it was quite a good show strong opening no big surprise tonight but a great midnight rambler as they kind of messed up the middle and then fight back to get into it and then it was even more powerful, great version, on don t stop after the break the guitar didn t start back so we had only the drums and jagger was goin "yes i like that i like that" happy was ended and then there was a reprise on happy quite nice, if you can t rock me superbe, well i really did spend a great night thanks to the gang .sonicrock
07-07-03 08:23 PM
Jumacfly hi guys!!
yeah, i just came back from Bercy...we had a good arena show tonight, not extraordinary but very good!I was at third row, in front of Keith...and i just can say he s fucking great on this tour(he shined on marseille...)
set list was full of highlights;

*monkey man: good version , Keith missed the intro but then he played great licks!Ronnie was very sober tonight, but I must admit that s very nice to hear again two guitars on a stones show!
For example If you can t rock was very raw thanks to keith...he had a great sound tonight, like in marseille..and now, he s dancing on stage...Mick, you should worried about that!Ronnie and Darryl finished the song by laughing, may be about the "cry baby" , the Ronnie s pedal filmed on the big screen , Midnight rambler was so hot with an unusual break, leaded by Darryl and joigned by an hilarious Keith, actually the king of rock n roll...Charlie was just a little bit short on the reprise, but this midnight rambler 2003 is definitely a great version!
Love in vain was perfect, ronnie did a great job on pedal steel, and keith accoustic guitar was very high in the mix...
Rocks off was correct , but when i heard the Keith intro, i was so happy ,i could have touch Bercy's roof with my head!Ronnie was out on this one, the horns saved the song....

you may ask about Mick??? Don t worry girls, he s younge r and younger every day...dis a perfect love in vain, monkey man , mannish boy and live with me but was lost with his harp during can t you hear me knocking....

Well, i could also tell you about the oasis brothers of Stereophonics, who break my head after two shows , about the high number of deutch people in the foss, about my friends from marseille who were very proud of saturday show (because of the poor enthousiasm of Bercy 's crowd compare to marseille..they re right, only a few olas, people seemed to sleep...), a stones show is still a great human experience!!

a good arena show with a great set list....

Ju
07-08-03 12:34 AM
midnightmagic No HTW Wow, incredible. I think it is a good thing to giver her a rest for a while- I am glad they got CYHMK. Too bad 19 songs again.
07-08-03 03:10 AM
Angiegirl O man, just came home, it's 8.30 am here...been up for 40 hours now.

WHAT A GREAT SHOW IT WAS!!!!

I mean, after the mediocre Olympiahalle?munich and Oberhausen shows, I started to get worried, but last night in Bercy gave me back my Stones feeling. Definitely!!

I went on a bus tour, left Monday morning at 3 am from Holland, and arrived at Bercy at noon. Found SSC/Mark and Moonisup/Rik at a cafe. There were about 100 people in queue, it was hot, so we sat outside the cafe for over 2 hours, before queueing. At 4.30 pm first people started to get up, which led to the standing up of all...and it was still another 1.5 hours before gates would open...
Fucking unblievebale stupid people!
We stepped out of the queue and sat in the grass, much better. Decided already on B-stage.
At 6.30 pm we were at the B-stage, front and second rows. I ended up 5th row, but what the heck.

Second song, IORR, I already heard the difference with Olympiahalle, they were into it tonight!
IYCRM was great, good reception. Rocks Off was great to hear, I sang the Rocks Off very loudly of course .
Then the Let it bleed theme, which was dissapointing a bit as we had that in Munich also. But Love in vain was incredible!! As described above, Keith's acoustic and Ronnie's steel, both very loud in the mix, the stage to the 2 guitarists, that was mesmerizing!! I loved it. We were thrilled.
Live with me was 10 times better than in Munich, very together. Monkey Man the same. In Munich this was fucked up, loose sand. Last night it was there again, as it should be. Almost like they rehearsed it a few times, lol.
Midnight Rambler was ok, but Munich version was better. But still a good version, enjoyable. But what made this song outstanding, was the way Mick let himself go onstage, dancing, grabbing between his legs, wiggling, waving, unbelievable. We all stood in awe. The audience whistled and cheered and Mick was reacting to us, fired up again. It was one of those rare magical moments between crowd and Jagger!!! Really bloody fantastic, I even feared for his heart. The others onstage were watching him too.
TD was ok, just, you know, TD.
Band intros were nice, I think Ronnie got the biggest applause and cheers, well deserved last night! Thru and thru was great. Many people hate the song, but I love it live. The backing parts of Bernard and Lisa, Charlie's beats, Ronnie's playing. Keith's singing was very loud and clear, very strong and very, very good, I loved him. My heart got all warm watching and hearing him. Just too bad Keith's guitar playing suffers from his concentration on singing. The first few minutes he played most tunes off-key, but wtf.
Happy was standard, but nice to hear again after all those Before they make me run's.
Start me up was standard, not too long thank God.
Then Can't you hear me knocking, which was outstanding for the most part, much and much better than the one in Munich!!! Ronnie's guitar was so loud, that when he hit the first strings for his solo, we all were startled and jumped up, that loud! But what a solo, he was on fire, his eyes closed, pure concentration and passion! We all stood there with our jaws dropped to the floor. We were with the drummer, ex-guitarist and singer of the Dutch Stones-tribute band Flip the Switch (and they are very good, and also critical of the Stones, like most of us) and I saw the same joy and speechlessness on their faces reflected. Very cool, I hope to hear this song on this high level again soon! They still have it, they can still do it.
JJF was the only song which was really messy (except for some small other mistakes on previous songs), tempo problems. Chuck was waving and standing up to try to get the band's attention to adjust the tempo, but everyone just sort of continued the way they did. The result was a unnatural feel and non-matching instruments, almost like echoes or something.

B-stage! Our spot! Fantasticly played set, very well done, very engaged. Mannish boy was great, very smooth. YGMR was standard, but strong and high-tempo. Mick really run around the stage to get everyone's attention for the 'hey, hey's'. BS was strong and they really enjoyed themselves. There was some family or friends of Piere de Beauport at the stage, Piere as well as all band members were at some point smiling or talking to them. Bobby was great, shy and smiling. Keef was in his classic rock pose a lot, legs spread, back bent, arms like a hook. The sight of them that up close keeps being amazing! The wrinkles, the look in Mick and Keef's eyes as they make eye-contact with people. Like a dream.
I took lots of photos, but as I was 5th 'row', lots of arms and heads, but we'll see. If they turn out decent, I'll post them on RO.
They left the stage through the audience, right beside me, very cool.
Mark and Rik got a guitar pick from Piere.
Satisfaction was strong.

What a night, we were all thrilled. All we could say was 'what a fantastic show that was!'. I am so happy now.
Afterwards we got the setlists from the B-stage security, and the left over bottles of water, which we needed, I can tell ya!

Here's the setlist scan:

07-08-03 05:31 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hi,

Fucking great show last nite!!! Got a pick from Pierre and a setlist! Will post more detailed review when I get back home.
07-08-03 05:41 AM
luxury1 Wow--great reviews folks. I could almost feel it too! Many thanks for posting. Cant wait to see the pics.
07-08-03 05:43 AM
Moonisup WAY BETTER SHOW then in Munich, it's clear that keith had an ON-night!!!

next stop stade de france

rik
07-08-03 08:59 AM
Angiegirl Pix from rs.com.

07-08-03 10:56 AM
Jacques Hi
quite a great show !!!!!!!!! Yesterday, and a long night.
Very good setlist (but no HTW). And a GREAT GREAT Midnight Rambler. Good public so, rare in France.

Shit, shit, I tried for the first time to record and lost a great part (fatal erase), stupid guy !!! i only from Start me Up till the end. I'll do better in SDF.
07-08-03 11:12 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great reviews everyone, and Jacques if you want to share the music juste-mail me some of the tracks you recorded after SMU and I will post them here for all to listen
07-08-03 12:33 PM
jb Apparently the German shows were awful.........I hope Rik is safe now.
07-08-03 01:03 PM
Tom Paris is in France not in Germany Mr. Lawyer
07-08-03 01:40 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Whoa! Did Ronnie dye his hair, or do something with it? He looks different... stone cold sober, that's for sure, but different. Anyone else notice that on that first pic from rs.com that Angiegirl put up?

He looks a bit like George Harrison. If his solos start to sound like Harrison, then it's time to worry.

Nice to hear yet another classic "Rambler". Every time I hear it from a boot of this tour I say "That's the proof - even if they have a lousy night otherwise, these guys can do it just as well as they did forty years ago."

-tSYX ---Well, honey, it's not onna those...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
07-08-03 03:31 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Whoa! Did Ronnie dye his hair, or do something with it?

It's the wind Johnny, it's the wind...
07-08-03 11:19 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Whoa! Did Ronnie dye his hair, or do something with it? He looks different... stone cold sober, that's for sure, but different. Anyone else notice that on that first pic from rs.com that Angiegirl put up?

Nothing different, just the wind indeed.
I saw him from 3 meters distance, saw nothing that wasn't there before
07-09-03 05:48 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
Apparently the German shows were awful.........I hope Rik is safe now.

Rik is safe indeed; I have to look after him, otherwise the boy will get lost in this big city. Got to keep him from drinking as well...
07-09-03 05:49 AM
Moonisup great photos!!!!

I hope that mine come out just as good as the ones I took in munich

and I hope that olympia will be as good as Bercy, that show really rocked, and a FUCKING GREAT CROWD
07-09-03 07:22 AM
Jacques Hi Gerardo
ok to share but I'm still in Paris (SDF tonite !!!!)Ok when I be back home.
A French guy have entire show we'll trade together with sdf. Maybe we can create a tree
07-09-03 03:12 PM
Gazza maybe if we can get good recordings of all 3 Paris shows we can do a 6-Cd set of all three!!
07-09-03 05:38 PM
gotdablouse so did any mp3s ever surface?
07-10-03 10:46 AM
steel driving hammer RS.com

Paris romantica

Ah, Paris. The city of romance. Two of our crew guys got engaged here yesterday. Both at the Eiffel Tower…within hours of each other. Charlie Harris and Marty Kell both popped the question to their girlfriends…who both said “yes!”

First show (of three) in Paris. Our first arena show in over a month and the first time the Stones have played in this venue.

The venue was buzzing. Before the show, the crowd did round after round of “the wave” and sounded air horns. (Is this a new French salutation? Like kissing on both cheeks?)

Celeb rumors abound. President Clinton is staying in our hotel. Johnny Depp is coming to the show at Stade de France on Wednesday. Formula One race car driver Jacques Villeneuve was hanging out backstage tonight (well…that was a fact…all the Formula One junkies on the tour (who shall remain nameless, but whose initials are Alan Dunn, Torje Eike, Jake Berry, etc) were unusually present in the Shebeen.

The arena show songs were back on the set list tonight. “Street Fighting Man” opened the show. “Rocks Off,” “Live With Me,” “Love in Vain,” and “Monkey Man” were all crowd pleasers ce soir.

The crew loaded in this morning at 1:00am and will still be loading out tomorrow morning at 1:00am…then they’ll hump everything down the street to the Stade de France and do it all again tomorrow afternoon. The entourage shopped, went to museums and probably ate their body weight in foie gras today. Hummm…what is wrong with this picture?

Bon nuit…a Mercerdi.
07-15-03 03:43 PM
Moonisup I have sent my pictures to Voodoo, so I hope that he can upload them soon
07-16-03 09:43 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here are the pix, THANK YOU moonisup

07-16-03 09:46 AM
Moonisup No thanks! It was a great show,
Page: 1 2