ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why is "I Go Wild" in G#? Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th July 2007 01:21 AM
the good
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

'Tis the nature of latter-day Stones records: We can always glimpse the promised land, but never quite enter.

Great line. Does that make Keith Moses? Imagine that son of a gun living to 120. I can see it now. "The Rolling Stones World Tour of 2063".
But what would it be called? "The promised land" sounds good to me.

PS - Moses was an Egyptian, a priest in the court of Akhenaten.
[Edited by the good]
19th July 2007 12:17 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
the good wrote:

Great line. Does that make Keith Moses? Imagine that son of a gun living to 120. I can see it now. "The Rolling Stones World Tour of 2063".
But what would it be called? "The promised land" sounds good to me.

PS - Moses was an Egyptian, a priest in the court of Akhenaten.
[Edited by the good]

Does this mean I have to wait until 2063 to hear them do a Chuck Berry song again?

19th July 2007 12:24 PM
Nellcote Nasty, probably not a chance of one on record, due to the Johnnie Johnson royalty lawsuit, and subsequent loss, as you may know....I would be surprised to see one performed live either. Commander Keith felt quite bad to find Johnnie, penniless, driving a bus in St. Louis, and assisted with this action with him, against Marvin Berry's brother (Back to the Future, this is true, right?). I do not think Keith will ever forgive him for fighting this, thus no Berry songs by the Stones. Recently, I heard an interview with Chuck, who still sounded very uncomfortable discussing this. Good for Keith, bad for us. As I tell my kids, hoping is for Christmas, reality finds you.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)