ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For Smashing Pumkins fans (NSC) Return to archive
17th July 2007 02:43 PM
monkey_man The band is doing a 12 show run at the Fillmore and allowing video cameras in for the show.

17th July 2007 03:57 PM
mojoman
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
The band is doing a 12 show run at the Fillmore and allowing video cameras in for the show.

uncle fester rocks
17th July 2007 04:09 PM
Gimme Shelter I'll be there on the 28th.
17th July 2007 04:17 PM
Angiegirl What do you guys think of Zeitgeist? I only had time to give it one quick spin yesterday so far, but as I was busy I didn't really listen carefully enough to form an honest opinion yet. My expectations weren't too high anyway.
17th July 2007 04:19 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I'll be there on the 28th.

Bring your earplugs. The sound system was hitting 120 decibals during parts of the show. It's also really long. . . the Pumpkins set is a little over 3 hours.
17th July 2007 04:21 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
It's also really long. . . the Pumpkins set is a little over 3 hours.

Yeah, Billy always has had problems with cutting it short...
17th July 2007 04:50 PM
Starbuck
quote:
The band is doing a 12 show run at the Fillmore and allowing video cameras in for the show.

all 6 fans of this band are now jumping for joy at this information!
17th July 2007 04:54 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

How about your 6 identities Sybil? How do they feel?
17th July 2007 05:08 PM
Starbuck i actually have about half that!

(they all have a distaste for the pumpkins too.)
17th July 2007 05:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i actually have about half that!

(they all have a distaste for the pumpkins too.)

Lol, that's good. Leaves more Billy for our alter egos.
17th July 2007 06:10 PM
the good
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

Que? They were a great band. Some great guitar work in their tunes. The guitar solo in Cherub Rock ranks right up there with the solo in sympathy for the devil.
17th July 2007 06:13 PM
fireontheplatter despite all my rage, i'm still just a rat in a cage.
he played this song for the live earth concert and it was pretty good.
i really don't care for the bald man tho.
17th July 2007 06:19 PM
the good
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
despite all my rage, i'm still just a rat in a cage.
i really don't care for the bald man tho.

You mean Billy "pumpkin head" Corgan?
17th July 2007 06:21 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
the good wrote:

You mean Billy "pumpkin head" Corgan?

yes mam i do.

he's talanted and all but very fucking droany
17th July 2007 06:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

he did a great job of raising awareness for global warming issues by constantly plugging his new CD's release date and urging fans to buy the record during his set.

it was in such poor taste
17th July 2007 07:36 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

he did a great job of raising awareness for global warming issues by constantly plugging his new CD's release date and urging fans to buy the record during his set.

it was in such poor taste

hey....go figure dude.

the whole concert and concept probably did shit to aware people of our becoming doom anyway. it will be a good day when we stop washing one pair of jeans in the washer at at time....we are sucking this planet dry.
17th July 2007 08:31 PM
robpop [quote]monkey_man wrote:

Monkey man. Did you go to this show? If so how was it? I always liked their music, but never saw them live.
18th July 2007 12:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

hey....go figure dude.

the whole concert and concept probably did shit to aware people of our becoming doom anyway.

no doubt.

on a day that was designed to raise awareness and educate the masses about the dangers of global warming, Roger Waters leading Giants Stadium in a sing-along of "we don't need no education..." was just a tad too ironic

of course, as far as clueless stars permorming at big time tribue/fundraising concerts, nothing will ever top Kanye West singing "Gold Digger" at The Tribute for Lady Diana
18th July 2007 01:36 PM
monkey_man
quote:
robpop wrote:
Monkey man. Did you go to this show? If so how was it? I always liked their music, but never saw them live.

I work at the venue. I'm not a really a big fan. Parts of the show are good but he spends too much time noodling on the guitar ala Joe Satriani. It makes what should be a 2 hour 15 minute set into a 3 hour 15 minute ordeal! Oh yes and he plugs the new album as often as he can from the stage. He must real close to broke!
18th July 2007 03:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Oh yes and he plugs the new album as often as he can from the stage. He must real close to broke!

at LiveEarth he stressed to the audience that they should pay for the record and not steal it online.

of course, downloading it online would be the green thing to do, but... what does Billy Pumpkin care about LiveEarth anyway, he was obviously just there to pimp his record and then leave his giant carbon footfrint by hopping back on a private jet to the next gig.

I think its also worth pointing out that this Pumpkins "reunion" is just 2 members - Coragan & Chamberlin. Which is the same amount of original Pumpkins that played on Coragin's last solo record. So basically its another solo record but he's using the Pumpkins franchise name to help sell more records.

18th July 2007 04:03 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I think its also worth pointing out that this Pumpkins "reunion" is just 2 members - Coragan & Chamberlin. Which is the same amount of original Pumpkins that played on Coragin's last solo record. So basically its another solo record but he's using the Pumpkins franchise name to help sell more records.

Even funnier is that the two "replaced" members of the SP are being filled by look-a-likes!
18th July 2007 04:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Even funnier is that the two "replaced" members of the SP are being filled by look-a-likes!

how hard was it for him to find an asian dude with a blonde dye job?
18th July 2007 04:58 PM
Dan
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I work at the venue. I'm not a really a big fan. Parts of the show are good but he spends too much time noodling on the guitar ala Joe Satriani. It makes what should be a 2 hour 15 minute set into a 3 hour 15 minute ordeal! Oh yes and he plugs the new album as often as he can from the stage. He must real close to broke!

I don't think I could deal with that. 80 mins in 1994 was just about perfect but over 3 hours is obscene. I fell asleep a few weeks ago while listening to a new show I downloaded. This new Pumpkins is a hoax and they have been boring since at least 1996 anyway.

I like that they are allowing taping and filming, about the only way to tolerate that would hit record, put in some earplugs, go to sleep and listen to it in increments later.
18th July 2007 05:18 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

how hard was it for him to find an asian dude with a blonde dye job?

thai brothel?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)