ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bad rock n roll movies Return to archive
16th July 2007 02:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels In the loose sense of the phrase "rock n roll".
Those beach party movies with Frankie Avalon and Anette Funiccelo sucked pretty bad. As did "Help" actually.
16th July 2007 02:04 PM
gimmekeef Try Elvis' Clambake for pure drivel.......or any other of his movies for that matter...
16th July 2007 02:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Try Elvis' Clambake for pure drivel.......or any other of his movies for that matter...

I agree with you on that....for the most part. I kind of understand why Elvis wanted to become an actor but whoever was choosing the scripts for him wasn't thinking about the future implications. I blame Tom Parker
16th July 2007 02:19 PM
Starbuck
quote:
As did "Help" actually.

16th July 2007 02:21 PM
Joey

" The Kids Are Alright " is a fantastic Rock n' Roll Movie .
16th July 2007 02:22 PM
Fiji Joe That television series the Beatles had was pretty bad

16th July 2007 02:24 PM
lotsajizz Elvis made 2, maybe 4, decent movies...the rest were shit....but the worst rock movie has to be the film adoption of "Tommy"
16th July 2007 02:50 PM
Chuck Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park
[Edited by Chuck]
16th July 2007 03:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Elvis made 2, maybe 4, decent movies...the rest were shit....but the worst rock movie has to be the film adoption of "Tommy"

I kind of liked Roustabout, but only because of the scene where Elvis grabs the motorcycle and does the stunt in the pit to prove his manhood. Cornball as hell but that's the beauty of it.
Besides I have kind of a morbid fascination with carnivals and sideshows.........

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
16th July 2007 03:37 PM
Joey " Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band "

< ----- Oh , Hell -- I forgot about THAT friggin bomb .

Me too Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )

How about " FM " ( circa 1978 ) ?!

Shiver ...........................

Cassie !

16th July 2007 04:01 PM
robpop That friggin' Rick Springfield movie.
16th July 2007 04:09 PM
mojoman
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"Help"

wasnt the band completely stoned thoughout? excusable?
16th July 2007 04:34 PM
Gazza Spiceworld - The Movie

(sorry, Dan....)
16th July 2007 04:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Spiceworld - The Movie

(sorry, Dan....)

Gazza .................you are on FIRE these days .
16th July 2007 05:15 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
robpop wrote:
That friggin' Rick Springfield movie.

Isnt this about rock movies?......Rick Friggin Springfield!
16th July 2007 06:04 PM
Dan
quote:

I kind of liked Roustabout, but only because of the scene where Elvis grabs the motorcycle and does the stunt in the pit to prove his manhood. Cornball as hell but that's the beauty of it.
Besides I have kind of a morbid fascination with carnivals and sideshows.........

Other than the Gabba Gabba chant, did Freaks have any Rock N Roll in it?
16th July 2007 07:13 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Chuck wrote:
KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park

Ace Frehley's as wooden as a cigar store Indian in that one.
16th July 2007 07:17 PM
Bloozehound can't remember what happened in this movie, but it's poster was pretty rock n roll

[Edited by Bloozehound]
16th July 2007 08:28 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:

agree on both scores there TTM

whenever i see one of those laughing clown games i feel a dark shadow pass over my soul and a sense of sadness and regret clouds my spirit

*SHUDDER*****
17th July 2007 10:22 AM
BILL PERKS I ACTUALLY ENJOYED GIVE MY REGARDS TO BROAD ST
17th July 2007 11:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't know if anyone is interested or not or maybe you already know, but they're running Jack Nicholson films on AMC, I think all week but I'm not sure. Anyway they're running EASY RIDER right now but it must be half over. I imagine they'll run it again. I can't call it a "bad" movie though. I've seen it a few times but I might sit through the whole thing again if I catch it at the right time.

17th July 2007 11:52 AM
gypsy Does Xanadu count?
17th July 2007 02:15 PM
mojoman
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Does Xanadu count?

olivia newton john rocks. didnt she have somebody murdered?
17th July 2007 09:15 PM
stonedinaustralia any one else see Straight to Hell by Alex Cox - featuring Joe Strummer Courtney Love and the Pouges Dennis Hopper Grace Jones?? - what did you think??

i saw it for the first time the other day - it's a bit of a mess - but Joe is great and there are some truly funny and or impressive moments but mostly it suffers from a few things

first - it was made in the 80's which we can now look back on with reasonably clear hindsight and say (imho) was the worst "decade" for just about everything in the second half of the 20th century

second it looks like Cox ran out of time and or money some where along the line as there is a definite "slapped together" feel about a lot of it

lastly - the narrative, when it is discernable, falters and occasionaly seems to disappear completely

but overall i'd recommend every one see it - one of the female characters ( i think she's a pouge?) does a very cool version of Danny Boy - and a lot of it is clearly played for laughs and it works

17th July 2007 09:33 PM
mojoman heavy metal....
18th July 2007 01:31 PM
MrPleasant If you're watching a bad film: drink.
18th July 2007 10:42 PM
Bloozehound
19th July 2007 02:04 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

That reminds me: what about that trashy Thunder And Mud PPV "movie"? Mud wrestling + heavy metal, with Jessica Hahn? I saw parts of it in my youth.

I'd say it was bad, but...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)