ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where Were You When You First Heard Satisfaction. Return to archive
11th July 2007 01:26 PM
guitarman53 It's been played so many times, but I remember hearing it on a radio in '65, & it's like it hit me big time! my brother who was a Country & Western Fan (Hank Williams Sr.) loved it, he really loved The Rolling Stones, but it's something like where were you when Kennedy got shot! there's something about "Satisfaction" where it was personal.
Bye the way, are people so fucking lazy that they can't type out a message, instead of this letters, half the people don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, when you mention a song. SMU, do you know what I'm talking about??how about taking the time to type out the message, it's not that hard to do.
11th July 2007 01:29 PM
Joey
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

It's been played so many times, but I remember hearing it on a radio in '65, ........................zzz

On a ' Swift Boat ' tubing down the Mekong Delta near the Cambodian Border .

Joey Cong !
11th July 2007 01:37 PM
open-g
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
It's been played so many times, but I remember hearing it on a radio in '65, & it's like it hit me big time! my brother who was a Country & Western Fan (Hank Williams Sr.) loved it, he really loved The Rolling Stones, but it's something like where were you when Kennedy got shot! there's something about "Satisfaction" where it was personal.

My mum bought the single when it got to the shelves.
it got played to death - no groove left, it just kept skidding.
then we changed to the westcoast promo man
I was hooked ever since

quote:

Bye the way, are people so fucking lazy that they can't type out a message, instead of this letters, half the people don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, when you mention a song. SMU, do you know what I'm talking about??how about taking the time to type out the message, it's not that hard to do.

btw, it's called
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

[Edited by open-g]
11th July 2007 01:37 PM
Dan Probably in the womb.
11th July 2007 01:40 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Bye the way, are people so fucking lazy that they can't type out a message, instead of this letters, half the people don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, when you mention a song. SMU, do you know what I'm talking about??

Start me up

duh...
11th July 2007 01:41 PM
open-g Bill & Satisfaction
11th July 2007 03:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
It's been played so many times, but I remember hearing it on a radio in '65, & it's like it hit me big time!

Yes. That's when I went out and bought OOOH....after hearing that song on the radio a number of times. I had 2 or 3 albums at the time. Back then buying an album was a BIG TREAT for a 12 year old boy. If I could buy a 45 I was lucky.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
11th July 2007 03:37 PM
pdog I don't have an memories of a time in my life without any Stones music.
11th July 2007 03:44 PM
bilsim I was in the car with my dad and it came on the radio, I was about 13(I'm only 20 now btw), I immediatly turned it up and was in love! I came home and found a "best of" collection my dad had got from ages ago and listened to the album start to finish, loving every track. When I'd listened to it over and over the two that stuck out to me most where Satisfaction and Paint it Black. Since then I've become a complete fanatic, but in answer t the main question. on the radio, and what a great thing started from that moment.
11th July 2007 03:45 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

On a ' Swift Boat ' tubing down the Mekong Delta near the Cambodian Border .

Joey Cong !

MY GRANDPARENTS COUCH IN BRIGANTINE 1976...WATCHING SOME BOARDWALK DANCE SHOW

ITS CURRENTLY MY RINGTONE
[Edited by BILL PERKS]
11th July 2007 03:52 PM
pdog Joey made a good point... My God!!! The trailer for Apocalypse Now, with Satisfaction playing really standouts in my memory...
I hope that Sicko, might have an impact on some 12 year old, who is spending most of the day jerking off to his Daddy's Hustler mags with a roll of paper towels on his stomach...
Good times!!! Real good times!
11th July 2007 04:41 PM
Mr Jurkka I listened it from stereo.
11th July 2007 04:50 PM
Some Guy I can't recall at all.
11th July 2007 05:56 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

MY GRANDPARENTS COUCH IN BRIGANTINE 1976...WATCHING SOME BOARDWALK DANCE SHOW

Perks .................................................

11th July 2007 06:59 PM
fireontheplatter i was masterbating in my crib.....same as i do now
11th July 2007 07:56 PM
lotsajizz first I remember was '66 or '67 riding in the back seat back from the beach with my mom and IT came on the radio---I loved it from the get-go!
11th July 2007 08:18 PM
TomL 72 in my buddies basement eating hash browines. Boy were we getting down. I had to run home with my Hot Rocks LP cause I was late.
11th July 2007 08:29 PM
mojoman on a losing streak......
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)