ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tracklist for Mick Jagger Best Of 1985-2007 Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th July 2007 03:19 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You already got it on 40 Licks. It was subtitled "Losing My Touch".

You're getting sarcastic.
10th July 2007 03:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You already got it on 40 Licks. It was subtitled "Losing My Touch".

I agree, but be forewarned...many will viciously attack you if you dare to post that Keith is playing like a shell of his former self
10th July 2007 03:28 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I agree, but be forewarned...many will viciously attack you if you dare to post that Keith is playing like a shell of his former self

Not on RO he won't.
10th July 2007 03:40 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Fuck! wrote:
i just called the local recordstore, and asked if they knew something about the new mick jagger album, he looked for me on their pc, and he told me the release date that we already know, and he told me what the traklisting was, he also told me it was going to be released on 12 and 7 Inch Vinyl, and that they are going to release 2 different kind of versions.
anyway, here's the tracklist:

Mick Jagger
The Best Of 1985-2007
20 Songs (Including 3 New Songs!)
Guest Appereances by
Wyclef Jean & Lenny Kravitz

CD 1
1. Just Another Night
2. Luckiy in Love
3. Hard Woman
4. Let's Work
5. Say you will
6. Throwaway
7. Radio control
8. Wandering Spirit
9. Use me (with Lenny Kravitz)
10. (New Song)

CD 2
1. Out of focus
2. sweet thing
3. Don't tear me up
4. Visions of Paradise
5. Too far gone
6. Dancing in the starlight
7. Hideaway (with Wyclef Jean)
8. God gave me everyting (with Lenny Kravitz)
9. (New Song)
10. (New Song)

[Edited by Fuck!]

not a bad tracklisting, been cool if they would've thrown an album track on like Secrets, Primitive Cool or Shoot Off Your Mouth, ANY would've been an improvement over LW, which is worse than DW & SW combined.

also, too bad none of his more country solo songs didn't make the cut. would've made a nice addition.
10th July 2007 03:52 PM
pdog I may be the luckiest person here, if I was to buy this, it would all be new to me for the most part... I had Wandering Spirit on CD, played it and returned it the same day... I got it used for $5, and still wanted my money back, that's how much Jaggers solo sucks!!!
10th July 2007 04:13 PM
oldkr is mick fulfilling the end of a record contract? that is the only excuse for that track listing- i think his 9 year old child chose it!

OLDKR
10th July 2007 04:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
is mick fulfilling the end of a record contract? that is the only excuse for that track listing- i think his 9 year old child chose it!

OLDKR

This is not the accurate tracklisting.
10th July 2007 04:17 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This is not the accurate tracklisting.

No matter how they spin it, it is crap...
10th July 2007 04:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

No matter how they spin it, it is crap...

agreed
10th July 2007 05:31 PM
Some Guy This debacle will sell much less than GITD.
10th July 2007 05:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This debacle will sell much less than GITD.

I predict 46K worldwide.
10th July 2007 06:14 PM
polytoxic Knocking Mick's solo best-of is kinda like shooting fish in a barrel, but man, is it ever good for a laugh.
10th July 2007 06:37 PM
fireontheplatter nevermind the music...i'll probably buy it just for the art work and liner notes.

i have all the tunes listed....except for the 3 new ones of course.

bring it on
10th July 2007 06:45 PM
mmdog
quote:
pdog wrote:
I may be the luckiest person here, if I was to buy this, it would all be new to me for the most part... I had Wandering Spirit on CD, played it and returned it the same day... I got it used for $5, and still wanted my money back, that's how much Jaggers solo sucks!!!

PDog,

Wandering Spirit? I thought most Stones agreed that was good shit.
10th July 2007 07:52 PM
Soldatti This won't be the tracklisting, a double CD with only 10 tracks in each disk is absurd.
Dancing In The Streets (#1 worldwide) and Old Habits Die Hard (Golden Globe award) will be there for sure.
10th July 2007 08:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
nevermind the music...i'll probably buy it just for the art work and liner notes.

I hope its the same genius who wrote the liner notes for "Rarities". I cant wait to see his summary of Mick's solo career aside from the one he has as a member of the Beatles.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th July 2007 08:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Not on RO he won't.

Are you suggesting that I do elsewhere?

quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

You're getting sarcastic.

I've ALWAYS been sarcastic. My "Losing My Touch" comment wasnt a reference to Keith's playing decline, but a comment in which a Keith compilation of the last ten years would barely warrant enough songs for an EP.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th July 2007 08:05 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Fuck! wrote:

Mick Jagger
The Best Of 1985-2007
20 Songs (Including 3 New Songs!)

Guest Appereances by
Wyclef Jean & Lenny Kravitz

4. Let's Work

the horror...the horror
10th July 2007 08:10 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

I believe it would be called This CD Is Empty.

Funny!!
10th July 2007 08:11 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

This Muse is empty/Oh, so empty

you too Mel!!
10th July 2007 08:30 PM
Poison Dart I really doubt this is the track listing.

How would this guy have the listing already (no names of new tracks)at a local record store, but there is nothing on the net about it?

If it is the real track list it sucks.
11th July 2007 03:21 AM
Fuck!
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I really doubt this is the track listing.

How would this guy have the listing already (no names of new tracks)at a local record store, but there is nothing on the net about it?

If it is the real track list it sucks.

i don't know man, as i've already said, i just asked the guy from the recordstore if he already knew something about it, and he checked his computer, and he gave me the releasedate and the tracklisting, i can't tell ya if it's the real one or the european one, or he got the wrong info.... i guess we have to wait for more info on this one... but it sounds cool to me.

and.... we got forty licks the best of the rolling stones, and it contains songs that we all heared before right? it's the same thing. all singles, what do you excpect of a Best Of Comilation CD ?? it's for the mainstream fans!

(Yeah, you're welcome Joey!?!)
...FUCK!
11th July 2007 11:36 AM
razorback Here are the titles of the unreleased tracks ,according to my local recordstore :
CD 1 :

10 : I just wanna piss you off

CD 2 :

9 : Maintenance Allowance blues

10: Giant whore
[Edited by razorback]
11th July 2007 11:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
Fuck! wrote:
and.... we got forty licks the best of the rolling stones, and it contains songs that we all heared before right? it's the same thing. all singles, what do you excpect of a Best Of Comilation CD ?? it's for the mainstream fans!

True, but

1. There was a demand for a Stones career retrospective hits collection. It had never been done before.

2. Mainstream fans buy Stones compilations. They dont buy Jagger compilations - only hardcore fans do. I'm unaware of a market for people who buy Mick Jagger records but who dont care for the Rolling Stones.

3. The Stones have had a shitload of hit singles. Jagger hasnt, and the one huge hit he DID have isnt even included!
[Edited by Gazza]
11th July 2007 01:53 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:

Are you suggesting that I do elsewhere?

No.

quote:

I've ALWAYS been sarcastic. My "Losing My Touch" comment wasnt a reference to Keith's playing decline, but a comment in which a Keith compilation of the last ten years would barely warrant enough songs for an EP.
[Edited by Gazza]

Ok.
11th July 2007 02:02 PM
Gazza :kiss:

[Edited by Gazza]
11th July 2007 02:05 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
:kiss:

ROFL
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)