ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tracklist for Mick Jagger Best Of 1985-2007 Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th July 2007 04:59 AM
Fuck! i just called the local recordstore, and asked if they knew something about the new mick jagger album, he looked for me on their pc, and he told me the release date that we already know, and he told me what the traklisting was, he also told me it was going to be released on 12 and 7 Inch Vinyl, and that they are going to release 2 different kind of versions.
anyway, here's the tracklist:

Mick Jagger
The Best Of 1985-2007
20 Songs (Including 3 New Songs!)
Guest Appereances by
Wyclef Jean & Lenny Kravitz

CD 1
1. Just Another Night
2. Luckiy in Love
3. Hard Woman
4. Let's Work
5. Say you will
6. Throwaway
7. Radio control
8. Wandering Spirit
9. Use me (with Lenny Kravitz)
10. (New Song)

CD 2
1. Out of focus
2. sweet thing
3. Don't tear me up
4. Visions of Paradise
5. Too far gone
6. Dancing in the starlight
7. Hideaway (with Wyclef Jean)
8. God gave me everyting (with Lenny Kravitz)
9. (New Song)
10. (New Song)

[Edited by Fuck!]
10th July 2007 05:07 AM
Fuck! it looks like it's for the mainstream fans, not for the diehards like us on rocks off...i could name a few more songs right now that should be on the album, but i'm not doing it..

well. it's just another emppty spot to fill in the stones museum right?
10th July 2007 05:50 AM
Daethgod wheres Evening Gown ...?

Mick !!!!!!????

10th July 2007 05:51 AM
MarshallG

Hopefully it will come with a DVD featuring the promo to "Let's Work".

10th July 2007 07:16 AM
Gazza Too many mediocre songs picked just because they were singles (but not hits, so whats the point!) from his 'regular' albums.

Some bizarre exclusions there, quite frankly. None of the "non album" singles like Ruthless People, Dancing In the Street etc.

Jagger releases a two-CD "best of" and it doesnt include 'dancing in the street' whichw as a number 1 single. Why? is it because it was a charity single and its inclusion would take the place of another song for which he could get royalties?

And why nothing from the 'Alfie' soundtrack? The duet with Sheryl Crow (which WOULD have been a chart success as Sheryl still has hit singles) wasnt even released on the Euro edition of the soundtrack.

Twenty songs also seems a pretty shabby return for a double CD as well.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th July 2007 07:18 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Jagger releases a two-CD "best of" and it doesnt include 'dancing in the street' whichw as a number 1 single. Why? is it because it was a charity single and its inclusion would take the place of another song for which he could get royalties?

Now, now Gazza... Not OUR Mick...
10th July 2007 07:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Now, now Gazza... Not OUR Mick...

Unless there were contractual/licensing issues with its inclusion, I'd well believe it.

40 Licks was a perfect example of certain cover songs being omitted because there were no publishing royalties in them....eg 'Little red Rooster" (a #1 single for God's sake!) and 'Harlem Shuffle' (making 'Dirty work' the only later day studio album not represented - 'coincidentally' it was the only Stones album in the last four decades where the first single was a cover version)
10th July 2007 07:30 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Unless there were contractual/licensing issues with its inclusion, I'd well believe it.

40 Licks was a perfect example of certain cover songs being omitted because there were no publishing royalties in them....eg 'Little red Rooster" (a #1 single for God's sake!) and 'Harlem Shuffle' (making 'Dirty work' the only later day studio album not represented - 'coincidentally' it was the only Stones album in the last four decades where the first single was a cover version)

the above is insinuating he needed the money more in 2002 than in 1993 as Harlem Shuffle was included on Jump Back, which doesn't make sense to me because by then they had the at the time largest grossing tour ever income in their pockets (Voodoo Lounge) and also the income from B2B & No Security.
10th July 2007 07:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

the above is insinuating he needed the money more in 2002 than in 1993 as Harlem Shuffle was included on Jump Back, which doesn't make sense to me because by then they had the at the time largest grossing tour ever income in their pockets (Voodoo Lounge) and also the income from B2B & No Security.

1) Jump Back hadnt been released in the US at the time of 40 Licks. 40 Licks was a far bigger commercial release and a more comprehensive round up of their career than any album that had been released before.

2) Needed the money? No..but the Stones seem to have developed an increasingly insatiable hunger for it in the last ten years for some reason at a level that is far greater than it was before.
10th July 2007 08:33 AM
Torn and Frayed
quote:
Fuck! wrote:
it looks like it's for the mainstream fans, not for the diehards like us on rocks off...i could name a few more songs right now that should be on the album, but i'm not doing it..

What mainstream fans buy Mick Jagger albums?
10th July 2007 08:38 AM
Torn and Frayed Why do we believe this guy's track listing? There is no need to complain until we see something official.

But Evening Gown should definitely be on there.
10th July 2007 09:23 AM
Honky Tonker This will be bought by about 15 people.
10th July 2007 09:44 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm as cynical as the next Rocks Off-er, but there's some self-contradiction here. Forty Licks had a pair of cover versions on it ("Not Fade Away," "It's All Over Now"); two more would hardly have made a significant difference in royalties.

My guess is that they didn't consider "Harlem Shuffle," hit though it was, an essential part of their catalogue (who here disagrees?!) -- which is exactly the kind of discrimination that some of us wish Mick had employed in compiling his solo "Best Of."

So: Mick takes the singles-only approach and we complain; the Stones exclude hit singles and we complain. Fever or frostbite?
[Edited by Mel Belli]
10th July 2007 10:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I'm as cynical as the next Rocks Off-er, but there's some self-contradiction here. Forty Licks had a pair of cover versions on it ("Not Fade Away," "It's All Over Now"); two more would hardly have made a significant difference in royalties.

My guess is that they didn't consider "Harlem Shuffle," hit though it was, an essential part of their catalogue (who here disagrees?!) -- which is exactly the kind of discrimination that some of us wish Mick had employed in compiling his solo "Best Of."

So: Mick takes the singles-only approach and we complain; the Stones exclude hit singles and we complain. Fever or frostbite?
[Edited by Mel Belli]

Not really, its understandable that a compilation should be primarily singles-based. However, a 2-CD Stones retrospective has a lot more ground to cover and songs that could be included than a Jagger 2-CD solo 'best of'. Jagger hasnt had THAT many solo hits to warrant a singles collection over 1 CD let alone two.

as a band who started off exclusively doing covers, they couldnt realistically release a career retrospective hits collection WITHOUT including SOME covers. It just seemed that they minimised the inclusion of them regardless of the fact that it affected the continuity of the record. They basically picked singles from albums with one exception - Harlem Shuffle - the only latter day one which was a cover and it thereby meant that one album was left unrepresented. Anyway, a minor issue as its 2 songs out of 40 and it was still a bloody good collection, but the point is that IMO their decisions are primarily driven by financial gain more than anything.

Mick's compilation isnt 'singles-only'. It does include pretty much all the singles from his first four solo albums though plus a few album tracks - but nothing else from his back catalogue. There were quite a few singles which dont feature on his solo albums that appear to be omitted from that list (if this list is correct). If anything, that track selection basically reads like a sampler for his first 4 albums - are they being reissued soon perhaps? There also appears to be enough room there for at least another ten songs. At 20 songs, thats barely longer than a single CD.

[Edited by Gazza]
10th July 2007 10:53 AM
The Wick What an absolute load of shite track listing. There are songs on all of his albums that beat out a lot of the shite that's on there. I also can't understand why there are some many Goddess tracks on there?
10th July 2007 11:04 AM
Gazza 'Rocky Dijon' over on IORR, whose usually a knowedgleable kind of guy, reckoned this track listing is somewhat unlikely as Rhino's plans for the release were to include some non-album material and b-sides etc. So hopefully, this track listing isnt the final one.
10th July 2007 11:19 AM
voodoopug I've made a few calls. From what I can gather, this is not an accurate track listing. Gazza is accurate, there is scheduled to be some B sides on here as well, and from what I can tell from the little details I am receiving, Dancin in The Streets may be on this release.
10th July 2007 11:19 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Mick's compilation isnt 'singles-only'. It does include pretty much all the singles from his first four solo albums though plus a few album tracks - but nothing else from his back catalogue. There were quite a few singles which dont feature on his solo albums that appear to be omitted from that list (if this list is correct). If anything, that track selection basically reads like a sampler for his first 4 albums - are they being reissued soon perhaps? There also appears to be enough room there for at least another ten songs. At 20 songs, thats barely longer than a single CD.

Where are Too Many Cocks (will be a hit!) Dancing in The Streets and State Of Shock?

Need give an extra for convince to buy it...
10th July 2007 11:54 AM
GotToRollMe A double CD and it doesn't include "Evening Gown," "Mother Of A Man," "Hang On To Me Tonight," or "Angel In My Heart"!?

But it does include "Let's Work"!?

Feh.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
10th July 2007 12:16 PM
razorback
quote:
Fuck! wrote:
i just called the local recordstore, and asked if they knew something about the new mick jagger album, he looked for me on their pc, and he told me the release date that we already know, and he told me what the traklisting was, he also told me it was going to be released on 12 and 7 Inch Vinyl, and that they are going to release 2 different kind of versions.
anyway, here's the tracklist:

Mick Jagger
The Best Of 1985-2007
20 Songs (Including 3 New Songs!)
Guest Appereances by
Wyclef Jean & Lenny Kravitz

CD 1
1. Just Another Night
2. Luckiy in Love
3. Hard Woman
4. Let's Work
5. Say you will
6. Throwaway
7. Radio control
8. Wandering Spirit
9. Use me (with Lenny Kravitz)
10. (New Song)

CD 2
1. Out of focus
2. sweet thing
3. Don't tear me up
4. Visions of Paradise
5. Too far gone
6. Dancing in the starlight
7. Hideaway (with Wyclef Jean)
8. God gave me everyting (with Lenny Kravitz)
9. (New Song)
10. (New Song)

[Edited by Fuck!]

Great !! a nice pile of shit to fill up a hole in the collection .....I guess they will release a collector edition with the asskicking "running out of luck" movie as a bonus :-)Perfect for a total disaster.
10th July 2007 12:40 PM
F505 This will be a another huge blockbuster!
10th July 2007 12:57 PM
Moonisup thought it was the worst off
10th July 2007 01:02 PM
polytoxic Me, I'm waiting for the Keith Richards best of 1997-2007 disc.
10th July 2007 01:05 PM
F505
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Me, I'm waiting for the Keith Richards best of 1997-2007 disc.

Well, I predict that will be another disappointment.
10th July 2007 01:32 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

Here's the tracklist:

10th July 2007 01:32 PM
polytoxic
quote:
F505 wrote:

Well, I predict that will be another disappointment.

I believe it would be called This CD Is Empty.
10th July 2007 01:33 PM
polytoxic Har! Beat me to it.

quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Here's the tracklist:

[Edited by polytoxic]
10th July 2007 02:04 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Har! Beat me to it.

[Edited by polytoxic]

This Muse is empty/Oh, so empty
10th July 2007 02:27 PM
Joey
quote:
Fuck! wrote:

Thanks for the information ....

.. Fuck !
10th July 2007 03:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

You already got it on 40 Licks. It was subtitled "Losing My Touch".
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)