ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ONNYA is really a great song... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10th July 2007 08:02 PM
Soldatti Too Tight is insane, the best Stones rocker of the last 4 studio albums, yet the rockers on DW are better.
10th July 2007 08:38 PM
texile
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Sorry, but I still think "Oh No" achieves greatness.

That crisp drumroll intro...the nasty guitar tone...a classic, leering Jagger vocal...the careening Keith solo.

Plus, it's set up perfectly on the album with Keith's tender "This Place Is Empty," seguing into the equally nasty "Dangerous Beauty."

Yes...greatness.

i agree -
it ain't classic in the sense that it ain't some girls -
but it's a better rocker than anything the stones have done is a very long time and again, jagger's voice is the key that makes this thing work. i can cheesy lyrics, but conviction in the delivery is what counts.
and what about these couplets:

Oh no, not you again
I hear the inner shout
It was bad the first time around
When you turned me inside out

My life flashes forward
Then it flashes back
I'm still dreaming and I'm screaming
"Get me off the rack!"

it may not be "deep" -
but it's real and i can relate.
it's about that lost that will forever be a thorn in your side.

BTW, on my way home from work last night, they played undercover of the night -
it was an a-z thing because they never play ordinarily -
but damn, it sounded great...and not in 'yeah-it's-okay,' way, but really good - it has stood the test of time.
i turned the radio up loud and it just blasted.
THAT is the last great stones classic.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)