ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger the cherry on TV sundae Return to archive
20th July 2006 06:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Mick Jagger the cherry on TV sundae

jamcanoe.coa
July 20,2006
By BILL BRIOUX - Toronto Sun

PASADENA, Calif. -- Don't look for Mick Jagger to be in too many episodes of The Knight$ Of Prosperity, aka Let's Rob Mick Jagger.

At yesterday's ABC press tour session, executive producer Rob Burnett (Ed, Late Show With David Letterman) told critics that, while the entire season will be about a bunch of working stiffs (led by Ottawa-born actor Donal Logue) plotting to steal from the famous Stones frontman, Jagger will not be a regular and in fact may only be available to shoot a couple of episodes. "Think of Mick as the cherry on top of an amazing sundae," said Burnett, who explained that the title change (still tentative) was an attempt to not over-sell Jagger's participation.

For the pilot, the producers had only five hours to shoot Jagger, who made time when he was touring in New Zealand. Those scenes were shot just before Keith Richards sustained a serious head injury. "It was very close," said Burnett, who flew out to supervise Jagger's shoot, went back to his hotel, turned on his computer and read the headline, "ROLLING STONE FALLS OUT OF TREE IN FIJI."

Burnett knew Jagger was travelling and panicked. "When I found out it was Keith, I went, 'Oh, phew,' but then I thought, this doesn't feel good, either."

Fortunately Richards recovered and is back on tour with the band. Still, for a while there, Burnett realized his "career was tied to the health of Keith Richards. Whoever thought that those worlds would collide."

If the comedy returns for another season, a whole new crime caper (and celebrity victim) will be established. Might Burnett be tempted to do Let's Rob David Letterman, I asked. Said Burnett: "I've been robbing Dave for years."
20th July 2006 06:21 AM
Jumacfly If someone could rob Matt Clifford...
21st July 2006 08:55 AM
Bitch
21st July 2006 04:15 PM
glimmercat
quote:
Bitch wrote:

I just *knew* you would post that yummy Mickpic!!!

Never get tired of it. Thankies!!!

meow
21st July 2006 04:40 PM
pdog Some of this shit mick does is just stupid... a fucking sit-com, gimme a break! you're Mick Fucking Jagger, don't do a sit-com fuckhead!
22nd July 2006 09:11 AM
Bitch MICK has a wonderful sense of humor! The man is funny, among his many other talents!
22nd July 2006 10:57 AM
glencar I'm looking forward to it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)