ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foxboro show Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
19th July 2006 04:05 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
No one shall be invited over to my house other than Pug /Joey.
[Edited by jb]

Geez, why not just add saint sway & have a real old-fashioned hen party???
19th July 2006 04:07 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
No way Miami can support a Stadium show..last time, in 97, with Dave Mathews,Smashing Pumpkins, etc, they expected to have 2 dates, and only had 1 with 53k in Orange Bowl..most they can draw outside down here is 30-37k. If Who is on bill, maybe 45-50.

yes but that was a very good show!
you forgot third eye blind.

miami rocked... and as much as i hate to admit it dave mathews was good that night. did marilyn manson's twiggy play a guest spot for smashing pumkins?

i posted here back in early june? that a promoter (jim koplik) up here when picking up his wife's vette said they were working on an aerosmith show/shows...
[Edited by chevysales]
19th July 2006 04:18 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
I will probably be there Nellie...need trasnportation to and from Bristol..........($450?)

bristol?

15 minutes from me... but i have an 06 malibu for demo now so don't know if that will work for transportation of "big money" ... (see vince vaughn and his lounge speak... "your money baby")
[Edited by chevysales]
19th July 2006 04:19 PM
Nellcote Chevy, I've seen folks with 'phins shirts go into
Gillette..where they go from there who knows?
BTW, there was only one way into the field where the Stones played in Hahtfud a year ago as I found....
[Edited by Nellcote]
19th July 2006 04:21 PM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

bristol?

15 minutes from me... but i have an 06 malibu for demo now so don't know if that will work for transportation of "big money" ... (see vince vaughn and his lounge speak... "your money baby")
[Edited by chevysales]

How far a drive from 4 Seasons Boston? I have booked room already and need towncar ????
19th July 2006 04:21 PM
glencar I was at the HFD show. Getting out of there was a huge displeasure but I lived to talk about it unlike others.
19th July 2006 04:32 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Chevy, I've seen folks with 'phins shirts go into
Gillette..where they go from there who knows?
BTW, there was only one way into the field where the Stones played in Hahtfud a year ago as I found....
[Edited by Nellcote]

been to foxboro a number of times both new and old stadium and i may add for games and only concert were stones which i had great seats in 97 for i believe an october show which was a great night and yep some patsie fan talked crap about my dolphins coat at the time... for years isuzu always unveiled their product to the northeast region their for ride and drives... the parking lot in old stadium was perfect for 4 wheeling...

after shows/games we wait like 2 hours it seems just to get out of lot. as for hartford your correct but for some reason i haven't ever had a problem there.

i predict a nice cool evening in the low 50's and great for sound... to which the stones rock the house. who opened in 97 i forgot wasn't it cheryl crow?

19th July 2006 04:32 PM
mojoman foxboro? well gillete stadium is a definate improvement over the old stadium but the parking almost costs as much as the tickets.....
19th July 2006 04:36 PM
Nellcote "who opened in 97 i forgot wasn't it cheryl crow?"

I think it was Lenny Kravitz?
19th July 2006 04:38 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

How far a drive from 4 Seasons Boston? I have booked room already and need towncar ????

45 minutes?

funny i have to drive to boston early am thursday to have customer sign his paperwork and collect his cash so he can register his new vette and pay taxes before he can pick it up from me saturday in ct... mass. is real different than most states when it comes to buying vehicles from out of state dealers. too much running around.

i wish to grab lunch at legal seafood while their
19th July 2006 04:41 PM
chevysales
quote:
mojoman wrote:
foxboro? well gillete stadium is a definate improvement over the old stadium but the parking almost costs as much as the tickets.....

stones were first rock concert in new gillette stadium during licks... and yep it was a great trifecta for my wife and i.
nellie...lenny kravitz? you my be rite i can't remember. but i do remember liking those shows as i do remember 2
19th July 2006 04:52 PM
mojoman have some great memories from foxboro besides the cost of parking and taking two hours to get out of there and back to boston where i lived fer many years(no car). saw the stones/living clour there oct 89, the dead, the who and jbs favourite the floyd.
19th July 2006 05:17 PM
winter
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
"who opened in 97 i forgot wasn't it cheryl crow?"

I think it was Lenny Kravitz?

Voodoo Lounge was Lenny Kravitz - 94
Bridges to Babylon was Sheryl Crow - 97
Licks was the Pretenders - 2002

19th July 2006 05:18 PM
GotToRollMe Okay, I officially need a dream to come true. My dream is to see the Stones in Chicago, for very little money. Let the dream-weaving begin!
19th July 2006 05:25 PM
Nellcote Once again, Wintah brings his A game to the table.
19th July 2006 09:42 PM
rasputin56 JB

It could take 45 minutes or it could take two-three hours from Boston. Depends on day of the week and whether or not the tunnels have totally collapsed by September.

And to confirm, 97 was Sheryl Crow. I happily took the the time to listen to her caterwauling while downing a few Sam Adams's from the cozy albeit cold former dirt lot.
19th July 2006 10:42 PM
Soldatti I love the Worried About You rehearsal there on the 4 Flicks DVD.
19th July 2006 11:41 PM
Bob Tamp Living Color was opener in Foxboro 89, Lenny was opener for Voodoo,Crowe was opener for Bridges,Pretenders opened for Licks. Who goes to the opening act any way?
J Geils should open up the 06 show there! Yeah baby
20th July 2006 06:31 AM
Nellcote Bob Tamp may be on to something.
Wolf & co. re-formed in May to celebrate
bass player Danny K's birthday.
Some of the comments that night leaned towards
being able to re-form at any time.
They opened for the Stones in '82 in Europe
Now, they would assist in selling out Foxboro.
It would be a Wicked Pissa double bill.
20th July 2006 09:36 AM
luxury1 It's the Who. And the date will be between Sep 13--23. I am feelin' it, brothers and sistas.

However, I am in much despair over the promise of all these stadiums shows. Dont they realize the impact these outdoor venues have on limiting one's wardrobe selection??

Fire up those grills, Nellcote. Party's at your place...
20th July 2006 09:46 AM
jb We will sell out one show with Who .
20th July 2006 09:47 AM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

yes but that was a very good show!
you forgot third eye blind.

miami rocked... and as much as i hate to admit it dave mathews was good that night. did marilyn manson's twiggy play a guest spot for smashing pumkins?

i posted here back in early june? that a promoter (jim koplik) up here when picking up his wife's vette said they were working on an aerosmith show/shows...
[Edited by chevysales]

It was a very good show...I remeber the evening well..a good crowd and almost full(53k)
20th July 2006 10:10 AM
Joey
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
It's the Who. And the date will be between Sep 13--23. I am feelin' it, brothers and sistas.

THE WHO / THE STONES Together ?!?! ... Joey's two favorite bands .

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples !

Kins !
20th July 2006 10:25 AM
LadyJane No way....IF it is The Who...I'm gonna HAVE to go to Boston.

LJ.
20th July 2006 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
No way....IF it is The Who...I'm gonna HAVE to go to Boston.

LJ.

Come to Joey .................

Kin(s) !
20th July 2006 10:31 AM
Nellcote I think the Who is a stretch.
It would make sense, had I not looked at their tour schedule
The Stones are supposed to be 09/28, for Foxboro, right?
Here's the Who itinerary near that date:

09/16 Boston-Banknorth Gahden
09/18 MSG
09/19 MSG
09/21 PNC Center-Jersey
09/23 Balmer
09/25 Chicago
09/29 Detroit

So, the Who will have played the same market 12 days earlier, no new music, other than some tunes in decades, who will they help sell out a venue?

Can the Who 2 handle squeezing in a night for the Stones?
The tour before this one they made of the States was so grueling a member died, for Christ sakes?

Joey, help me here...
20th July 2006 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

Can the Who 2 handle squeezing in a night for the Stones?
The tour before this one they made of the States was so grueling a member died, for Christ sakes?

Joey, help me here...

Nellcote ................

ask NOT ......!!!!:

20th July 2006 11:21 AM
Dan If its The Who, it wont even be announced until after Sep 13. I doubt they would even be allowed to book a competing show opening for another act in the same market. This is a common prohibition in the concert industry. According to a hint Doug dropped on Shidoobee, it can be W.A.S.P., The Hives or Sting (who also works with Michael Cohl).
20th July 2006 11:24 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
If its The Who, it wont even be announced until after Sep 13. I doubt they would even be allowed to book a competing show opening for another act in the same market. This is a common prohibition in the concert industry. According to a hint Doug dropped on Shidoobee, it can be W.A.S.P., The Hives or Sting (who also works with Michael Cohl).

Who are they????
20th July 2006 11:25 AM
LadyJane I saw Doug's hint.

Something about being stung.

Hmmmm....are The Police reuniting??

THAT would be a good show!

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)