ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foxboro show Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
19th July 2006 12:01 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
No one shall be invited over to my house other than Pug /Joey. I am more than happy to say hello from Floor Section 2, row 3, seats 15 and 16, this upcoming tour. As for Chicago, I will be at 4 Seasons and dining at Mortons with wife. Fortunately, the list of those whom will host events seems endless...where there is a will, there is a way.
[Edited by jb]

Trust me.

Parmeda WILL hunt you down in Chicago.

As for So Florida, I'll meet you at a concession stand for a very brief greeting.

LJ.
19th July 2006 12:02 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
No one shall be invited over to my house other than Pug /Joey. I am more than happy to say hello from Floor Section 2, row 3, seats 15 and 16, this upcoming tour. As for Chicago, I will be at 4 Seasons and dining at Mortons with wife. Fortunately, the list of those whom will host events seems endless...where there is a will, there is a way.
[Edited by jb]

I love ' Uncle Morty's '

Had dinner there in Downtown Phoenix ( whilst a dust storm swirled about outside in the Esplanade Shoppes ) a few months ago .
19th July 2006 12:03 PM
jb Chicago will be a no go if I am too busy....it proved last tour to be a very average Stones town in terms of sales....I also do not like Oprah....
Yes, I will try to say hello to you at concessuion area and buy pretzel................................................
19th July 2006 12:04 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Chicago will be a no go if I am too busy....it proved last tour to be a very average Stones town in terms of sales....I also do not like Oprah....
Yes, I will try to say hello to you at concessuion area and buy pretzel................................................

I had a dream, a dream about you, baby.
It's gonna come true, baby.
They think that we're through, but baby,

You'll be swell! You'll be great!
Gonna have the whole world on the plate!
Starting here, starting now,
honey, everything's coming up roses!

Clear the decks! Clear the tracks!
You've got nothing to do but relax.
Blow a kiss. Take a bow.
Honey, everything's coming up roses!

Now's your inning. Stand the world on it's ear!
Set it spinning! That'll be just the beginning!
Curtain up! Light the lights!
You got nothing to hit but the heights!
You'll be swell. You'll be great.
I can tell. Just you wait.
That lucky star I talk about is due!
Honey, everything's coming up roses for me and for you!

You can do it, all you need is a hand.
We can do it, Mama is gonna see to it!
Curtain up! Light the lights!
We got nothing to hit but the heights!

I can tell, wait and see.
There's the bell! Follow me!
And nothing's gonna stop us 'til we're through!

Honey, everything's coming up roses and daffodils!
Everything's coming up sunshine and Santa Claus!
Everything's gonna be bright lights and lollipops!
Everything's coming up roses for me and for you!
19th July 2006 12:06 PM
jb I can honestly say Omaha had a true sell out with 15k vesus many venues "selling"
out" woth 12-14k ....
19th July 2006 12:06 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I can honestly say Omaha had a true sell out with 15k vesus many venues "selling"
out" woth 12-14k ....

16K !!!!!

www.QwestCenter.com

19th July 2006 12:08 PM
jb Better than the 14k "sell=out" at MSG!!!! Better and moire enthusiatic crowd!!! Beleive me!!!
19th July 2006 12:11 PM
Nellcote JB, come to Gillette, I will spring for the Chowda!
You can visit with the fine Hebrew family which owns the stadium, the team, most of RT 1 in Foxboro!
Plus, they love the Stones!
19th July 2006 12:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, come to Gillette, I will spring for the Chowda!
You can visit with the fine Hebrew family which owns the stadium, the team, most of RT 1 in Foxboro!
Plus, they love the Stones!

Jews are Number # 1 in sports ownership ( see also : Law , Medicine , .....ss ! " )
19th July 2006 12:17 PM
jb I will probably be there Nellie...need trasnportation to and from Bristol..........($450?)
19th July 2006 12:26 PM
Gimme Shelter I sure hope there is a Northern California show
19th July 2006 12:29 PM
Nellcote JB, ride up with Chris Berman, you can listen to
him call a Big Papi homah "back back back back"
19th July 2006 12:30 PM
jb CB=Jew=huge Stones fan=supporter of Israel!!!
19th July 2006 12:37 PM
Nellcote Hezbullah must be stopped for the good of all mankind!
Israel is doing the dirty work here.
Please talk to that dope Biden who is on PMSNBC every 5 seconds with his milqtoast reasons for a cease fire.
I thought he was stronger than this.
19th July 2006 12:39 PM
Dan
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I sure hope there is a Northern California show

Northern California humiliated the Stones last time. Don't count on it.
19th July 2006 12:42 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Agreed.
19th July 2006 12:44 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hezbullah must be stopped for the good of all mankind!
Israel is doing the dirty work here.
Please talk to that dope Biden who is on PMSNBC every 5 seconds with his milqtoast reasons for a cease fire.
I thought he was stronger than this.

Agreed...imn fact, I am seriously thinking of becomming a Independent. My party(dems) is really showing no leadership or support. Believe me, if rockets were being fired from Canada to Detroit, we would not worry avbout collateral damage. Israel is fighting for it's survival. I give Bush high marks on this one .
19th July 2006 12:52 PM
Nellcote Absolutely.
The prima donna factor here is huge.
19th July 2006 01:00 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Absolutely.
The prima donna factor here is huge.

You shall be greeted and treated in New England..........I will need ride to and from Foxboro by Town Car.
19th July 2006 01:32 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Dan wrote:

I was at both SF shows and it appeared sold out. It wasn't?
19th July 2006 01:37 PM
Dan
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

I was at both SF shows and it appeared sold out. It wasn't?

It was listed as something like a thousand short of a sellout. And you figure the 2nd show was totally undersold, often pulling 8 together in the 12th row, until Metallica was added.
19th July 2006 01:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

It was listed as something like a thousand short of a sellout. And you figure the 2nd show was totally undersold, often pulling 8 together in the 12th row, until Metallica was added.

We suggested this was a mistake as there just is not a geographic region capable of handling two stadium shows without severe papering.
19th July 2006 01:41 PM
Gimme Shelter Wow. I'm still hoping for another N.Ca show.
19th July 2006 01:42 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We suggested this was a mistake as there just is not a geographic region capable of handling two stadium shows without severe papering.

Basically Metallica saved the day. Then they sold out the same stadium in 2000 and 2003.
19th July 2006 01:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Basically Metallica saved the day. Then they sold out the same stadium in 2000 and 2003.

AGREED
19th July 2006 02:05 PM
jb Metallica is a band I would never pay to see, or even go for free-band, but yes, they helped as many young males love that type of aggressive, speed metal.
[Edited by jb]
19th July 2006 02:10 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Metallica is a terrible band, but yes, they helped as many young males love that type of aggressive, speed metal.

My sources said they totally blew the Stones away on the 2nd night. Night one they did more of a middle of the road set as not to scare the geezers out of the stadium but on the 2nd night were unrestrained and playing to a crowd stacked in their favor.
19th July 2006 02:10 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

AGREED

Reservations havebeen made for Boston......................developing.
19th July 2006 02:13 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Dan wrote:

My sources said they totally blew the Stones away on the 2nd night. Night one they did more of a middle of the road set as not to scare the geezers out of the stadium but on the 2nd night were unrestrained and playing to a crowd stacked in their favor.

It was hilarious walking in the hallways during those shows. The Stones fans in the corridors during Metallica set and Metallica fans leaving as the Stones went on.
19th July 2006 02:29 PM
jb Most Stones fans don't like that kind of stuff...really kids music with high tetesterone level. Bottom line, we only had to pay them about 100k and we mnad money off them...they are a nothing of a band whose legacy be silly MTV videos, while the geezers will be remembered as the greatest rock band ever.
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)