ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foxboro show Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
19th July 2006 08:32 AM
erikjjf Stones plan even ‘Bigger Bang’ in Foxboro this fall

By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - Updated: 01:49 AM EST

Don’t breathe a word of this. Because nobody’s supposed to know. But word from our backstage spies is that the Rolling Stones will be Rolling through town again this fall, kicking off the final leg of their “Bigger Bang” tour at Gillette Stadium.

We hear Mick & Co. will do six to eight stadium stops in the United States once they wrap up the European leg of their tour. The first stop reportedly will be in Foxboro the third week of September.

“They will only do a handful of shows,” said our spy. “They’ll have all new staging, and a really great opening act. It should be very cool.”

The deal isn’t done yet but we hear the show will not be produced by longtime concert czars LiveNation but by the Kraft family, who own Gillette.

The New England Patriots poohbahs have been self-promoting a number of concerts recently. This past weekend the Krafts produced the Kenny Chesney show at the stadium, which generated some $4.2 million. They are also helming the Bon Jovi “Have A Nice Day” show at the stadium later this month.

“It’s not surprising that the Krafts have stepped up,” said a rock insider. “They have the venue, they have the opportunity and they’ve always been adventurous.”

As for the Stones, the top-grossing “Bigger Bang” tour resumed in Milan last week after a drama-filled hiatus that included Keith Richards’ brain surgery and a rehab stint for Ron Wood. The tour is expected to pass U2’s “Vertigo” tour as the highest-grossing rock trek ever.

File Under: An Even Bigger Bang.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=148934
19th July 2006 08:44 AM
glencar Only 8 shows? We're getting reamed!
19th July 2006 08:45 AM
erikjjf
quote:
glencar wrote:
Only 8 shows? We're getting reamed!

Six to eight stadium shows in the US.
19th July 2006 09:10 AM
Nellcote Once again, say it outloud, where do the Stones choose to start their tour?

MASSACHUSETTS

If Gayle & Laura have this story, it is indeed gospel.
They are the best at sourcing news.

Wicked Pissa, the gig is a mere ten miles from my house!
JB, you can land on Bob Kraft's helipad!

19th July 2006 09:43 AM
gimmekeef Eight stadium shows:??????

Foxboro
Giants NYC
Soldier Field
LA Coliseum
Philly
Nashville
Miami
Halifax

All with The Who(?)..and about 10 arenas laced between including MSG and the Borgatta?
19th July 2006 09:48 AM
keefkid that sux, all stadiums...

no Borgata show i guess...
19th July 2006 10:04 AM
jb No way Miami can support a Stadium show..last time, in 97, with Dave Mathews,Smashing Pumpkins, etc, they expected to have 2 dates, and only had 1 with 53k in Orange Bowl..most they can draw outside down here is 30-37k. If Who is on bill, maybe 45-50.
19th July 2006 10:28 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
No way Miami can support a Stadium show..last time, in 97, with Dave Mathews,Smashing Pumpkins, etc, they expected to have 2 dates, and only had 1 with 53k in Orange Bowl..most they can draw outside down here is 30-37k. If Who is on bill, maybe 45-50.

JB if Fl cant support a stadium then perhaps the original rumor about Sun Devil Stadium would be added to the rumored spots?.....Or would northern FL drawing from ATL etc work?
19th July 2006 10:33 AM
Dan Wonder who the big opening act will be? Considering the arena shows were a little short of a sellout in Jan, a stadium such a short time later might be a risk. My guess for opener is Guns N Roses.
19th July 2006 10:36 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

JB if Fl cant support a stadium then perhaps the original rumor about Sun Devil Stadium would be added to the rumored spots?.....Or would northern FL drawing from ATL etc work?

Maybe...and that's what some are saying. I think that the obvious(and sad) choice for Foxsboro will be Aerosmith who will ensure a sell-out. I have heard rumors about the Who, but I would be very surprised as they are , imo, too strong a band to open for the Stones....I am not saying it won't happen, as this is probably the last hurrah for both, and they may want to do it just b/c they can, but it would be surprising...
19th July 2006 10:39 AM
Dan It will not be Aerosmith. They already have 2 of their own gigs in the area.
19th July 2006 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
It will not be Aerosmith. They already have 2 of their own gigs in the area.

I just don't see Guns and Roses in their cvurrent form as a "big act". Nonetheless, in Boston, they still can put 50k in the stadium if only one gig. IMO, Boston has become #1 Stones town.
[Edited by jb]
19th July 2006 10:49 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I just don't see Gins and Roses intheir cvurrent form as a "big act". Nonetheless, in Boston, they still can put 50k in the stadium if only one gig. IMO, Boston has become #1 Stones town.

I don't see them as a big act either but Boston was one of the few sellouts on the illfated 2002 tour. Also, I bet they are counting on a big opening band and the relative inexperience of the promotors since the last Boston shows were only 25k though there had to have been at least 28k available in spite of it listed as a sellout.
19th July 2006 10:59 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Eight stadium shows:??????

Foxboro
Giants NYC
Soldier Field
LA Coliseum
Philly
Nashville
Miami
Halifax

All with The Who(?)..and about 10 arenas laced between including MSG and the Borgatta?

*** RUMOUR ALERT ***

Look for a November 7th date at Cardinals Stadium ( Glendale , AZ )
19th July 2006 11:13 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Joey wrote:

*** RUMOUR ALERT ***

Look for a November 7th date at Cardinals Stadium ( Glendale , AZ )

10-4...............
19th July 2006 11:24 AM
Paranoid_Android You all give no credit to the "sleeping Giant" of the stadium world...FED EX Field in Maryland (DC)...

just you wait!!!

The 2008 Amphitheatre tour will be a blast!!

The Who...The New Kinks...The Stones featuring Mick Jagger & Keith Richards (Charlie & Woody will not be part of this)hence the new name.

19th July 2006 11:28 AM
Poison Dart There has been a rumor around here for weeks that Aerosmith would be opening for the Stones in Foxboro.
19th July 2006 11:32 AM
jb
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
There has been a rumor around here for weeks that Aerosmith would be opening for the Stones in Foxboro.

Someone said that is not possible b/c of existing tour schedule. I would skip the opener, if AS opened, as they have never respected the Stones...Joey Kramer 's comments will never be forgotten here...
19th July 2006 11:34 AM
pdog
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
The Who...The New Kinks...The Stones featuring Mick Jagger & Keith Richards (Charlie & Woody will not be part of this)hence the new name.

Where am I.
19th July 2006 11:35 AM
Jumping Jack There is a reason why the Who has not announced dates for much of the US. The real question is whether a Who precode will work at a joint Who/Stones show?

Bastards will probably create a new joint Who/Stones fan club to join for $150!!!
19th July 2006 11:36 AM
Joey
quote:

Jumping Jack wrote:
There is a reason why the Who has not announced dates for much of the US.

You make Joey giddy
19th July 2006 11:37 AM
jb [quote]Joey wrote:

You make Joey giddy
[/quote

We will attend...even if I have to pay for Joey's airfare and upper tier ticket!!!!
19th July 2006 11:37 AM
Saint Sway I've seen the Stones in Foxborro. Nice stadium. Fun time.

sad fact is that the current concert climate in the US is so bleak that even the Stones arent getting guarantees. Thus, the limited shows. Many areas cant support a show like this and cant afford the hit of a guarantee.
19th July 2006 11:38 AM
Joey " We will attend...even if I have to pay for Joey's .. upper tier ticket!!!!"

19th July 2006 11:41 AM
GimmeExile Wasn't there a rumor several months ago of a possible show at the Rose Bowl? Maybe that will be the LA area stadium show.
19th July 2006 11:42 AM
LadyJane All speculation. Have we learned NOTHING from the Keith fiasco?

Until it is announced I'm not buyin' it's just 8 stadiums. Ridiculous. They wouldn't bother.

IMO...there will be a couple of arenas. Small tour nonetheless but don't tell me MSG and the MGM Grand aren't on the list.

LJ.

19th July 2006 11:44 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
All speculation. Have we learned NOTHING from the Keith fiasco?

Until it is announced I'm not buyin' it's just 8 stadiums. Ridiculous. They wouldn't bother.

IMO...there will be a couple of arenas. Small tour nonetheless but don't tell me MSG and the MGM Grand aren't on the list.

LJ.

I recall talk of a summitt in Amsterdam..I trust no one will plan anything this time .

[Edited by jb]
19th July 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I recall talk of a summitt in Amsterdam..I trust no one will plan anything this time .

The Forty Licks Fan Club's Bigger Bang in Amsterdam is "full steam ahead!"

its the mother of all Stones parties. T-shirts may be sold. Tim Ries will be playing trumpet.

Strong rumors of a "tent"
19th July 2006 11:51 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

[Edited by jb]

Well I see Soldier Field on the short list. Thus the ROCC/Chicago Summit is DEFINITELY in our future.

Get the McGuest House at your McMansion ready. I'm heading to So Florida this time as well.

winks,
LJ.
19th July 2006 11:55 AM
jb No one shall be invited over to my house other than Pug /Joey. I am more than happy to say hello from Floor Section 2, row 3, seats 15 and 16, this upcoming tour. As for Chicago, I will be at 4 Seasons and dining at Mortons with wife. Fortunately, the list of those whom will host events seems endless...where there is a will, there is a way.
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)