ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How many of you like other bands more?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
18th July 2006 12:35 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

No one should ever be judged on their financial circumstances as many of us are blessed and others less fortunate. However, assuming you are dealing with the average Stones fan in the USA (b/t 38-58), with a mean income of 200k, it is not unreasonable to expect one to pay $450 for a ticket, is it???

Even if I had that kind of money, I couldn't bring myself to spend $450 on a stupid concert ticket
18th July 2006 12:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Even if I had that kind of money, I couldn't bring myself to spend $450 on a stupid concert ticket

the joy and happiness it brings to true fans is well worth the price of admission!
18th July 2006 12:37 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I respect your financial decisions....You , if I recall, attend many shows, so I understand . My inner circle of friends usual pay more than 450, but certainly less than I do for broker designed tickets.
18th July 2006 12:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I respect your financial decisions....You , if I recall, attend many shows, so I understand . My inner circle of friends usual pay more than 450, but certainly less than I do for broker designed tickets.

I only had to use a broker once last tour, but will do so if it is the last option to get into the golden circle!
18th July 2006 12:43 PM
monkey_man I will only spend $450+ for damn good arena seats or club gigs.
18th July 2006 12:46 PM
Saint Sway real fans refuse to pay broker fees because it does not financially support the band and/or effect the overall gross

thankfully TM will be "auctioning" select tickets for the Fall Mini Tour. This will allow the true fans to legally spend and exhorbitant amount of $$$ well above the standard ticket price. Its a win/win for both the loyal fans and starving artists like the Stones.
18th July 2006 12:48 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
real fans refuse to pay broker fees because it does not financially support the band and/or effect the overall gross

thankfully TM will be "auctioning" select tickets for the Fall Mini Tour. This will allow the true fans to legally spend and exhorbitant amount of $$$ well above the standard ticket price. Its a win/win for both the loyal fans and starving artists like the Stones.

I agree with most of your post.......
18th July 2006 01:23 PM
Saint Sway the TM "auction" sales are the #1 motivating factor for the Stones to return to the US for a 118 date Fall Mini Tour

they are anticipating auction seats to go well above $2k per
18th July 2006 01:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the TM "auction" sales are the #1 motivating factor for the Stones to return to the US for a 118 date Fall Mini Tour

You can get a ton of cocaine and a few hookers for that kinda money!
18th July 2006 01:26 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the TM "auction" sales are the #1 motivating factor for the Stones to return to the US for a 118 date Fall Mini Tour

It will have to be rigged in some way because true supply and demand with no manipulations would bring the price down. I paid $90 for a $400 seat right next to the stage in Fresno and also $76 for a $327 ticket right next to the stage in Phoenix 03.
18th July 2006 01:27 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I only had to use a broker once last tour, but will do so if it is the last option to get into the golden circle!

I tried to sneak into the Golden Circle at the Hollywood Bowl but ended up having to make my own.
18th July 2006 01:28 PM
Some Guy "A man is never so on trial as in the moment of excessive good fortune."
Lew Wallace
18th July 2006 01:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

It will have to be rigged in some way because true supply and demand with no manipulations would bring the price down. I paid $90 for a $400 seat right next to the stage in Fresno and also $76 for a $327 ticket right next to the stage in Phoenix 03.

I'm not biting... Most people won't be. This summer is proof people don't want to pay that much for a 2 hour concert.
Even the hottest "sold out" shows have tickets all over the street day of...
If the Stones keep prices high and auction off alot of seats, they will be very dissapointed in the revenue, and more dissapointed with the people in attendance! Really rich people don't rock that hard, with Jb being the very rare exception!
18th July 2006 01:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

I just file all of that under my pre-show expenses
18th July 2006 01:35 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Maybe some 1980's, Sunset Strip, hookers. . .
18th July 2006 01:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
real fans refuse to pay broker fees because it does not financially support the band and/or effect the overall gross

we have waited years for this!
18th July 2006 01:37 PM
pdog I'm going the opposite way... I'm going to go on the cheap! I will be in NYC, and if I don't get a discount ticket, I'm going to the movies!
18th July 2006 01:42 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm going the opposite way... I'm going to go on the cheap! I will be in NYC, and if I don't get a discount ticket, I'm going to the movies!

Thats my policy for most concerts these days. Haven't been to a movie since Team America though, I can usually get into concerts cheaper than movies these days.
18th July 2006 01:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we have waited years for this!

its their way of rewarding the loyal fans that have spent thousands on tickets every tour
18th July 2006 01:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

Thats my policy for most concerts these days. Haven't been to a movie since Team America though, I can usually get into concerts cheaper than movies these days.

Right... It's all about the lack of desperation. It's the same way I got laid as a 20 something... Women and scalpers can smell desperation...
18th July 2006 01:46 PM
jb Most know that this will, in all likelihood be it for the Stones. Thus, yiou make a decision, regardless of their setlists, playing, etc, whether you want to experience it one more time....most do...I , a veteran of over 40 shows, still enjoy it, albeit the so-called "tingly" left long time ago. We are addicted to going b/c thats what we do and most(66%) will do the same...creatures of habit.
18th July 2006 01:47 PM
pdog What will happen to us when it ends? I sens alot of lost souls posting on the boards!
18th July 2006 01:51 PM
egon
quote:
jb wrote:
How many post here whose favorite band is not the Stones? My guess 59%.
[Edited by jb]

my love for you is 59%
18th July 2006 01:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
What will happen to us when it ends? I sens alot of lost souls posting on the boards!

Some will slide into uncontrollable depression as there are fans who cannot seperate reality from stones life. I predict about 6% will never leave their house again and weep for hours on end.

The majority of us normal ones will raise a glass, say it was a "good run" and notice our net worth once again growing. I will keep contact with the few friends I have met through the boards, and probably loose contact with everyone else.

I will always have a warm place in my heart for the moments spent with loved ones and fellow fans at concerts, but I'd move on to bigger and better things.
18th July 2006 01:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I'm with ya, Brother.

JB..this is the lamest thread in the history of RO.

LJ.

Why would you attack the thread after all we have done for you?
18th July 2006 03:55 PM
Madafaka Blah, blah, blah, blah...
18th July 2006 03:57 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I just took my afternoon shit
18th July 2006 04:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

I just took my afternoon shit

I have been ill for two days now...including SEVERAL trips to the can.
18th July 2006 05:24 PM
LadyJane
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pdog wrote:

Regardless of the topic Jb gets us going... He is the master and we are his pawns!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed.

He keeps the Board alive when it is dryer than Phyllis Diller's cha cha.

We owe him so much.

LJ.

Sadly, Pug, you have taken a post out of context without reading further.

LJ.
18th July 2006 05:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

quote:
pdog wrote:

Regardless of the topic Jb gets us going... He is the master and we are his pawns!

Agreed.

He keeps the Board alive when it is dryer than Phyllis Diller's cha cha.

We owe him so much.

LJ.

Sadly, Pug, you have taken a post out of context without reading further.

LJ.

Sadly, your first response written before pdog's quoted material. We must all remember where humor got our friend FPM!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)