ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How many of you like other bands more?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
17th July 2006 02:55 PM
jb How many post here whose favorite band is not the Stones? My guess 59%.
[Edited by jb]
17th July 2006 02:56 PM
Some Guy I'm Stonesing.
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
How many post here whose favorite band is not the Stones? My guess 43%.

We will not be greeting anyone during the mini tour who likes a band/musician more than the stones!
gimmekeef JB...is this a trap?....lmao
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We will not be greeting anyone during the mini tour who likes a band/musician more than the stones!

Agreed....I think the # is very high....
17th July 2006 02:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed....I think the # is very high....

I also think it is fair for us to acknowledge those whom we believe are not being honest and are just saying they are stones fans. We need a filtering system to only count the accurate responses!
17th July 2006 03:00 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I also think it is fair for us to acknowledge those whom we believe are not being honest and are just saying they are stones fans. We need a filtering system to only count the accurate responses!

Most here are Stones fans, but not 100%'s..they like other bands more imo. They should disclose this.
17th July 2006 03:01 PM
Dan "More than...?" I don't really think of such things while listening to music that I enjoy or try to compare them with them Stones. When it comes to bands whose albums I enjoy, there quite a few though I guess the Stones would win just because they have more releases than just about anybody. Ramones and Bowie would also rank high.
17th July 2006 03:02 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
"More than...?" I don't really think of such things while listening to music that I enjoy or try to compare them with them Stones. When it comes to bands whose albums I enjoy, there quite a few though I guess the Stones would win just because they have more releases than just about anybody. Ramones and Bowie would also rank high.

I don't understand you answer...are Stones your all time, #1, most listened togroup????
17th July 2006 03:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I don't understand you answer...are Stones your all time, #1, most listened togroup????

he refuses to pay top dollar (or even close to face value) for Stones tickets....put a check on the "other bands" column.
17th July 2006 03:06 PM
pdog No other band before The Stones...
Seeing Ray Davies and Pearl Jam, the most dominating thought was/is how much I would love to have seen The Stones in these smaller venues...
Sums it up for me... I never have a thought like that about another band at a Stones gig......
17th July 2006 03:06 PM
Dan
quote:

I haven't been keeping a log, but I have also listened to a lot of Ramones, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Mudhoney, etc. If I had to think hard about it, I would say my #1 all time favorite band is Faith No More. But they aren't around anymore.
17th July 2006 03:07 PM
jb So far, I have received 7 PM's telling me it was a bout time that the real fans be heard. Many here are privately enraged at other bands being discussed so much. I explained to the people that this is why ABB only sold around 521k here and that worldwide, we have around 550k real fans....that's it.
17th July 2006 03:08 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
No other band before The Stones...
Seeing Ray Davies and Pearl Jam, the most dominating thought was/is how much I would love to have seen The Stones in these smaller venues...
Sums it up for me... I never have a thought like that about another band at a Stones gig......

You are pure......................................
17th July 2006 03:09 PM
Nellcote It's The Stones dammit!
I reserve the right to enjoy other bands, and I am not afraid to list them.
BTW, I saw a Gretchen Wilson video this weekend, she's a looker..
17th July 2006 03:11 PM
Saint Sway I have been an obsessed Stones freak since I was 15.

my favorite band by a moonlight mile
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It's The Stones dammit!
I reserve the right to enjoy other bands, and I am not afraid to list them.
BTW, I saw a Gretchen Wilson video this weekend, she's a looker..

I understand many listen to other bands, I am soimply asking your favorite. So far, based on PM's and board count, 59% have other favorite band than Stones.
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Most here are Stones fans, but not 100%'s..they like other bands more imo. They should disclose this.

JB, I have keeping a black list of non-real Stones fans for years. If they don't disclose it, I will. So its best for these people if they just admit it now.
17th July 2006 03:13 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

JB, I have keeping a black list of non-real Stones fans for years. If they don't disclose it, I will. So its best for these people if they just admit it now.

Hopefully we shal mmet and greet in Chicago/New York at teh mini tour..maybe play hoops in the Hotel gym?
17th July 2006 03:13 PM
Mel Belli JB, are you asking us to toe some kind of Stalinist line around here, or what?
17th July 2006 03:14 PM
jb
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
JB, are you asking us to toe some kind of Stalinist line around here, or what?

No...just state who your favoprite band is...and if not the Stones, no problem. It';s just for fun..............yeah...
17th July 2006 03:15 PM
voodoopug This thread is a breath of fresh air......Lets seperate the real fans from the pretenders and get our site back!
17th July 2006 03:16 PM
Nellcote It's the Stones, Dammit.
Kabesh?
17th July 2006 03:17 PM
Mel Belli Well, in that case, I'll second Pete Townshend's line from the Hall of Fame induction in '89: "The Stones will always be the greatest for me."
17th July 2006 03:18 PM
Some Guy Can you predict the non Stonesers?
17th July 2006 03:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Can you predict the non Stonesers?

i predict 56%

I am Stones all the way...who is with us?
17th July 2006 03:20 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i predict 56%

I am Stones all the way...who is with us?

Stones me!
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Can you predict the non Stonesers?

We already have an idea..and yes, this is a refreshing and much needed post..It's time to reclaim our site from those who like other bands more. If you look at any other site, they hate and despise the Stones, Yet, here, we not only embrace other bands, but some like then miore!!!!
polytoxic There are other bands?
17th July 2006 03:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

AWESOME!! Its been way too long since anyone around here made empty threats about posting a list!!

(see: Pug)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)