ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what charlie drum work hits the spot for you? Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th July 2006 12:04 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Gazza wrote:

fantastic choice. A criminally overlooked song, too

WHERE HE DOESNT PLAY IS AS COOL AS WHERE HE DOES
17th July 2006 12:13 AM
lonecrapshooter well of course tumbling dice - that quientessentail stones song - and loving cup, particulary the drunk version
17th July 2006 12:23 AM
3DTeafoe We Love You comes to mind.
17th July 2006 04:34 AM
pdog
quote:
star star wrote:
it can be album wise, single wise, or live!
i think his best album was some girls, or sticky
i adore when the whip comes down live in the late 70's and street fighting man was a riot in the mick taylor years, he pounded those skins!

Tumbling Dice... Don't beleive, listen to it and try to drum along during the breaks. Charlie really shines with the off beats and it's just insane!
17th July 2006 09:45 PM
Kilroy Top Five
#1 Paint It Black
#2 When THe Whip Comes Down
#3 Honky Tonk Woman
#4 Get Off My Cloud
#5 Satisfaction
Charlie Watts is a great drummer not because of what he plays, but more because of what he does not play. If you can understand that your a drummer in a band if not you're just a drummer keeping time!
"The Core Of the Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts' Hi Hat" Don Was
17th July 2006 10:34 PM
IanBillen
Before:
Honky Tonk woman
Paint it Black
When The Whip Comes Down

As of Late:
I go Wild
Look what The Cat Dragged in
It Won't Take Long

Ian
17th July 2006 10:51 PM
tookthatname I think it was Pdog who said something about trying to play along with charlie and realising how good he is with the off-beat.

I like to run stones songs through soundforge's graphic analyser and watch him play. AMAZING. where he drags or pushs a beat. miss you is great for watching.
[Edited by tookthatname]
17th July 2006 11:26 PM
Kilroy Charlie Watts In my opinion for what it's worth is one of the greatest band drummers of all time, right up there with Ringo, and The Great Keith Moon.
"The core of the Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts' Hi-hat" Don Was
It's not what he plays but what he does'nt play. If you understand that your a drummer in a band, if not your a time keeper at best. You might be a beat off.
#1 Get Off My Cloud
#2 When THe Whip Comes Down
#3 Honky Tonk Women
#4 Rocks Off (surprise this was not mentioned)
#5 Route 66 or Round and Round
Ican't believe I did not mention
"Paint It Black"
[Edited by Kilroy]
18th July 2006 05:48 AM
star star
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
I can't believe I did not mention
"Paint It Black"
[Edited by Kilroy]

You did dude, a couple of posts above me and you!!!
18th July 2006 09:35 AM
patioaintdry You Can't Always Get What you Want

It's Only Rock and Roll

Shine a Light

Sleep Tonight
18th July 2006 09:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
patioaintdry wrote:
You Can't Always Get What you Want

It's Only Rock and Roll

Shine a Light

Sleep Tonight

Funny!

see if anyone else 'gets' it!
18th July 2006 09:58 AM
gustavobala la forum 1975

all down the line
if u can´t rock me/get out off my clouds

are soberb! fantastic!!!!
18th July 2006 09:59 AM
patioaintdry I forgot:

All Down the Line

Winning Ugly

18th July 2006 10:03 AM
star star well i think charlie played on those. however, haha jimmy miller is fantastic
18th July 2006 10:08 AM
Ihavelotsajam Respectable, Whip, Lies, Paint it Black, Get off My Cloud, Gimme SHelter, Let it Bleed (When he kicks in), and also, on any song that has a general drum-heavy intro, he's easy to notice.
[Edited by Ihavelotsajam]
19th July 2006 05:47 AM
Zeeta Rambler off of Let it Bleed - brilliant shuffle and groove...

21st July 2006 09:35 PM
Kilroy
quote:
star star wrote:

You did dude, a couple of posts above me and you!!!

So some one is reading me and proof reading. Paint it Black #1
Thank you Star.
Bad thunder storm hear.
I was upset when I wrote it the first time \I had to coduct major surgery on my cassette tape "A Bigger Bang" My old truck's tape player decide to eat it a little. I was so proud of it since here in the states we were not allow or could not buy the Masterpiece on tape. My truck only has a tape player. I going to start a post You know you are a stones fan when.................you spend a good hour fixing you tape of their latest album...........
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)