ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy anniversary Gazza
Today 23 years ago Gazza lost his ears virginity!! Congratulations!!
Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland - 24th July 1982
© 1982 Denis O'Regan
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: black crowes in atlantic city - tix half priced (nsc) Return to archive
July 19th, 2005 06:26 PM
mac_daddy link

Password is "Black"

July 19th, 2005 06:35 PM
Saint Sway cool. but when the hell are the Stones gonna do this?
[Edited by Saint Sway]
July 19th, 2005 07:13 PM
PeerQueer I agree it would be nice if the Stones would price tix so more folks could afford to catch a show, but simple fact is, The Black Crowes, as good a band as they are , are not even close to the Stones league, and if they were, there would be no 1/2 price ticket offers available from them either.

Cohl feels out the economics of each tour, highest prices vs market willing to pay those prices = the actual prices charged. His record is one of success if your only tool of success is gross earnings.

That being said, this latest tour might prove to be less successful than the previous three, as there is, at least at the moment, a near total lack of buzz. That could change mind you as the PR machine cranks up and the new album is released, but if the album sucks, combined with the high priced tickets and lukewarm reception to another tour so far...this might be a real wake up call. Good news is, I have been told (now that my Virgin Records friend will talk to me again)the album is quite good - and that's coming from a guy who don't much care for the Stones. (He's a hopeless fag, so go figure.)

My own broker came through with tickets to three Stones shows - all floor seats, the best being row three center stage, and I'm trying to score one more show. Did I pay a ridiculous amount? Probably. Will I be screaming my ass off come concert night? Hell yeah! As always, I'm stoked to catch the Stones live. I would likekly waste that money elsewhere on drugs, drink, and women/men, so why not spend a couple hours catching the once-greatest band in the world? (Maybe the greatest if you catch them on a good night -ie. Keith gets off his lazy ass and decides to lay claim to the once-worthy title of RiffMaster and Ronnie remembers what got him here in the first place - filthy rock -n- roll!

I guess in the end, it really is only rock and roll, and oh yes, do I like it!

July 19th, 2005 07:53 PM
GimmeExile yeah! I've been considering going to this show, and almost spent $100 for a ticket. $50 at the Borgata is a steal!

Is there any catch? Do you get enrolled in any club bs?
July 19th, 2005 07:58 PM
mac_daddy no catch - just an offer to the fans...

i was hoping someone we knew on this board would take advantage of this...

July 19th, 2005 08:08 PM
pdog Bummer, this is just one week before I hit the Jersey Shore. I would have been there no doubt. Any good shows in AC in early August?
July 19th, 2005 08:29 PM
glencar Bummer indeed. I start a vacation in SC Thursday & I'll be jetting home just as this show gets underway.
July 19th, 2005 08:32 PM
mac_daddy you guys are killing me...

somebody (other than scalper/lurkers) take advantage of this - the crowes are f*ckin' good, and this gig should be tight, as it is one of the few they are headlining this summer...

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)