ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy anniversary Gazza
Today 23 years ago Gazza lost his ears virginity!! Congratulations!!
Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland - 24th July 1982
Đ 1982 Denis O'Regan
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEO-CON: the name of the album? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 19th, 2005 09:47 AM
Jair I think these journalists know a little and made up alot.
Believe me, i know What I'm saying...

July 19th, 2005 10:28 AM
Saint Sway is anyone else worried that they're gonna name the album "New Licks"

seriously?

I m really concerned that the well has run dry. Hell, after the Licks Tour, Forty Licks, Four Flicks and Live Licks... New Licks could be next. I get the feeling they just cant help themselves.
July 19th, 2005 12:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
is anyone else worried that they're gonna name the album "New Licks"

seriously?

I m really concerned that the well has run dry. Hell, after the Licks Tour, Forty Licks, Four Flicks and Live Licks... New Licks could be next. I get the feeling they just cant help themselves.

July 19th, 2005 12:31 PM
Jair
quote:

I get the feeling they just cant help themselves.

LOL
July 19th, 2005 12:32 PM
Soldatti A BIGGER BANG

This albumtitle was issued today, letīs hope itīs the correct one.

And some additional songtitles, note that these songtitles are not firsthand info , and we do not take any responsibility/credit for them :

ROUGH JUSTICE- rocker
IT WON'T TAKE LONG- rocker
TAKE ME DOWN SLOW- rocker
BACK OF MY HAND-blues

Feel free to post the albumtitle elsewhere, but donīt forget to give us credit!

http://mickijaggeroo.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1121789274
July 19th, 2005 12:41 PM
KeepRigid They've also added 'Streets of Love' as the new single.

I really like 'Rough Justice' as a title.

http://mickijaggeroo.proboards38.co...read=1121789274
July 19th, 2005 12:43 PM
gimmekeef A Bigger Bang?....well add it to the list of rumors...Personally I'd prefer Manhattan Beach....but at least each new rumor adds a few more "rockers"...which hopefully means kick ass!
July 19th, 2005 01:06 PM
Soldatti 13 titles so far:
Streets Of Love - first single
Oh No Not You Again
Back Of My Hand
She Saw Me Coming
Under The Radar
Look What The Cat Dragged In
This House Is Empty Without You
Walking Alone In The Rain
You Drive Too Fast
Rough Justice
It Won't Take Long
Take Me Down Slow
Neo-Con
July 19th, 2005 01:16 PM
texile so what's the deal with neo-con now?
first it was just a rumored song, then it was an outtake, then it was the album title, now it's back on the list of songs......wtf?
July 19th, 2005 01:16 PM
nankerphelge A Bigger Bang???

That's really good!!

The boys like their Bs

Between the Buttons
Beggars Banquet
Black and Blue
Bridges to Babylon

July 19th, 2005 01:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The boys like their Bs

Budweiser. ?
July 19th, 2005 01:39 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
A Bigger Bang???

That's really good!!

The boys like their Bs

Between the Buttons
Beggars Banquet
Black and Blue
Bridges to Babylon

Hey nanker good point!...Maybe its also a sly shot at U2 How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
July 19th, 2005 01:43 PM
texile i like that title - and if they back it up with some kick-ass music, it could be a classic title.
July 19th, 2005 01:44 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
texile wrote:
so what's the deal with neo-con now?
first it was just a rumored song, then it was an outtake, then it was the album title, now it's back on the list of songs......wtf?

I'll believe the song even exists when I hear it. 90% of these rumors have got to be fiction anyway. I don't believe at all that there would be 13 "official" titles floating around if there's only to be 11 songs on the album.

so far Manhattan Beach is my favorite, even though I was kinda scratching my head when I first heard it. Bigger Bang sounds more appropriate for a best of compilation. Manhattan Beach doesn't really sound like anything, which is what I want from the album. all this talk of another Some Girls or another Exile bores me. they can mimic the blues or punk sounds of their old records but if its gonna have to find a character all its own if its to be any good.

but I wouldn't mind Bigger Bang so bad if that turns out to be it. as long as it isn't NeoLicks or something like that
July 19th, 2005 02:32 PM
tumbled As in.... A BIGGER BANG for your BUCK!

as in the big bang theory only Bigger
as in fireworks
July 19th, 2005 03:00 PM
doo doo doo Dude If you've ever been to the real Manhattan Beach in L.A., you'd understand why it is such a horrific title. I wince every time that I see it rumored as a possible title for a Rolling Stones album.
July 19th, 2005 03:14 PM
Saint Sway how about "Fist Bang"?
July 19th, 2005 03:43 PM
Nellcote Thanks for the hard work finding this info.
The waiting is getting difficult to handle.
We need confirmation of this from a source.
Where's Ian Billen when you need him?
July 19th, 2005 04:03 PM
texile as in.....THE END!
i agree mule - i'd hate to see the stones rehash the past because it's not good enough for me....as much as i LOVE those days - they're gone;
they need to be fresh, not trendy either;
some girls was current and edgy for its time, and THAT'S why that era inspired a generation of fans like me in 78, 79....
the only way the stones will gain new fans is if the stones do something relevant, and I want them to move forward - not backward.
July 19th, 2005 04:47 PM
glencar IanBillen also has a thread with this info.
July 19th, 2005 05:28 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
texile wrote:
as in.....THE END!
i agree mule - i'd hate to see the stones rehash the past because it's not good enough for me....as much as i LOVE those days - they're gone;
they need to be fresh, not trendy either;
some girls was current and edgy for its time, and THAT'S why that era inspired a generation of fans like me in 78, 79....
the only way the stones will gain new fans is if the stones do something relevant, and I want them to move forward - not backward.

I like Voodoo Lounge because it sounds like Voodoo Lounge. same with Bridges & Steel Wheels. they may not be classics, and they all have some definite throwaways, but I do definitly like all 3 of these albums. everything they've ever done has been a take on something else at some level or another, and they've done some brilliant work by borrowing stuff from other artists, but they've never made a great record trying to rip off themselves. I think in the end they'll come up with something good, but it will not be Exile II. and anybody who hopes this album will be a comeback for the Stones as anything but a nostalgia act should really be crossing their fingers that this isn't another Exile because what worked in 72 won't work now. You know their secret behind being able to release an album so raw and spontaneous? the released an album the year before and the year after. if one album was too unpolished for people there was always the next one. same reason why Black and Blue's being so much less successful than Exile or Sticky Fingers wasn't devastating (I love Black & Blue). I don't really mind the fact that its been 8 years since the last album, but if they're betting everything on one pony then I'm not expecting anything better than Voodoo Lounge.

but the speculation over the new album is growing really tired to me. I don't care whether or not a song I've never heard makes the album, I don't think the smaller number of musicians on this record is necessarily the best news I've heard (though I'm thrilled they're getting some of the cooks out of the kitchen, but I think our only chance at getting some good solos in anymore is having Bobby on a song or two because Ronnie's not doing much for me anymore). I don't even have any interest in them doing new songs on tour because I haven't heard them yet. damn good thing a single's due any time now
July 19th, 2005 06:28 PM
Gazza Two comments :

1) Thats the third song I've seen listed as "first single" in the last 2-3 days. By this time next week I expect every song will have been given this honour

2) "A Bigger Bang" is a title that works better than the others as a tour title/concept as well. Think back 8 years. "Bridges to Babylon" fitted perfectly with the stage concept of that tour. "Blessed Poison" wouldnt have.
July 19th, 2005 06:29 PM
texile it's been so long - i'm not expecting anything anymore.....
just hoping.
July 19th, 2005 06:40 PM
Gazza CSD from the IORR board was at the listening party this evening in London. Here's what he posted a while ago :

This took place this evening at Olympic Studios in London. Eleven tracks were played out of a possible 16 to be included on the finished CD. There is still no confirmed title, but the first single out at the end of August is "Streets Of Love", a ballad, but with a great "Ah Ah Ah Ah" hook. "Oh No! Not You Again" sounds even better on the album. Other stand out tracks were "Rain Fall Down" with some great funky guitar and some subtle electric piano (Mick?), "Laugh? I Nearly Died" which starts off a bit like "Always Suffering" but then finishes with a great gospel/handclapping singalong. "Back Of My Hand" is classic Muddy Wayers style Blues with some great harp from Mick. Keith's ballad "This Place Is Empty" is the only track with piano, I assume Chuck. Overall it's an out and out rock album with loads of guitars, very few (if any) additional musicians, about three ballads and some amazing lead vocals from Mick who is singing with incredible feeling. Can't wait until September 5!

[Edited by Gazza]
July 19th, 2005 06:45 PM
Gazza
CSD mentions 3 songs that arent listed in the previous list.

I'm assuming that "This Place is Empty" is the same song as "This House Is Empty Without You" and that "Rain Fell Down" is the same as "Walking Alone in the Rain".

maybe "Laugh I Nearly Died" is the same as one of the other previously listed tracks too
July 19th, 2005 06:46 PM
mac_daddy shazam!
July 19th, 2005 06:47 PM
ResidentMule "A Bigger Bang" is a title that works better than the others as a tour title/concept as well.

I don't know I haven't seen any shows yet this tour so I can't really judge

I don't think its a terrible title. its poetry compared to "jello sliding down your tits", I just think its generic. its one of those things where I can see they'd have an urge to use it as a title - but its one of those times they should resist that urge because if they don't, somebody else someday will. its not a title that has the type of originality that not just anybody could think of it. but I need to at least see the cover before I can form my final opinion of the title.

my main skepticism comes from not knowing for sure exactly what message they are trying to give with it. the more I say the title over the lamer I think it is. hopefully just a rumor
July 19th, 2005 06:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
tumbled wrote:
As in.... A BIGGER BANG for your BUCK!

as in the big bang theory only Bigger
as in fireworks

maybe they'll rename the tour "Bigger Bucks For Your Bang"

that would be more appropriate
July 19th, 2005 07:31 PM
Soldatti It's strange: this album is hard hittin', back to the basics, it kicks ass...and the first single is a ballad?
So, Oh No Not You Again will be a typical different second single.
July 19th, 2005 07:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
CSD from the IORR board was at the listening party this evening in London. Here's what he posted a while ago :

This took place this evening at Olympic Studios in London. Eleven tracks were played out of a possible 16 to be included on the finished CD. There is still no confirmed title, but the first single out at the end of August is "Streets Of Love", a ballad, but with a great "Ah Ah Ah Ah" hook. "Oh No! Not You Again" sounds even better on the album. Other stand out tracks were "Rain Fall Down" with some great funky guitar and some subtle electric piano (Mick?), "Laugh? I Nearly Died" which starts off a bit like "Always Suffering" but then finishes with a great gospel/handclapping singalong. "Back Of My Hand" is classic Muddy Wayers style Blues with some great harp from Mick. Keith's ballad "This Place Is Empty" is the only track with piano, I assume Chuck. Overall it's an out and out rock album with loads of guitars, very few (if any) additional musicians, about three ballads and some amazing lead vocals from Mick who is singing with incredible feeling. Can't wait until September 5!

[Edited by Gazza]

And then happiness set in!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)