ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy anniversary Gazza
Today 23 years ago Gazza lost his ears virginity!! Congratulations!!
Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland - 24th July 1982
© 1982 Denis O'Regan
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEO-CON: the name of the album? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 18th, 2005 06:24 PM
Soldatti Maybe it's bullshit, but who knows...

FIRST NEW STONES ALBUM FOR EIGHT YEARS CONFIRMED

Legendary rockers THE ROLLING STONES are releasing their first studio album since 1997 later this year (05) - and it's title is believed to be critical of US President GEORGE W BUSH.

NEO-CON is due for an early September (05) release and is the SIR MICK JAGGER-fronted band's first new material since BRIDGES TO BABYLON eight years ago.

The album was recorded in France in late 2004 and early 2005. OH NO, NOT YOU AGAIN is thought likely to be the lead single from the record.

The Stones - Jagger, KEITH RICHARDS, CHARLIE WATTS and RONNIE WOOD - recently announced a world tour, which kicks off in Boston, Massachusetts on 21 August (05).

18/07/2005 09:29

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/first%20new%20stones%20album%20for%20eight%20years%20confirmed
July 18th, 2005 06:32 PM
Back Street Girl http://www.nme.com/news/113045.htm

The Stones - On the way back

THE ROLLING STONES READY FIRST ALBUM IN EIGHT YEARS

THE ROLLING STONES are finalising plans for their studio album in eight years.

Expected to be released on September 5, it’s believed the band have recorded 18 tracks from which the final album will be selected.

The album was recorded in France during late 2004 and spring 2005 with producer Don Was. Mixing took place in Los Angeles earlier this summer.

Among the tracks being considered for the album is ’Neo-Con’, which is believed to be an attack on the politics of George Bush and the Republican administration.

Meanwhile other songs that may feature on the record include: ’Oh No, Not You Again’, ‘Back Of My Hand’, ‘She Saw Me Coming’, ‘Under The Radar’, ‘Look What The Cat Dragged In’, ‘This House Is Empty Without You’, ‘Walking Alone In The Rain’ and ‘You Drive Too Fast’.

The album, is the band’s first studio since 1997's ’Bridges To Babylon’, while ‘Oh No, Not You Again’ which the band performed live in May when they announced their forthcoming world tour in New York, is rumoured to be the first single.

As previously reported, the Rolling Stones kick off their world tour on August 21 in Boston, Massachusetts.

July 18th, 2005 06:33 PM
Some Guy Hmmm. Not a good name.
[Edited by Some Guy]
July 18th, 2005 06:34 PM
Gazza sounds like someone at Contact Music is getting their facts seriously mixed up.

I seriously doubt they'll call the album after a song that they left off.

and the "Neo Con World Tour" sounds more like a name for Bush's "War on Terror" than a rock n roll tour

The NME story sounds more realistic. Plus now we have more song titles

(I bet ya "This House is empty without you" is the 'Keith ballad'. The title has Hank Williams written all over it)

[Edited by Gazza]
July 18th, 2005 06:37 PM
glencar So, no "Manhattan Beach"?
July 18th, 2005 06:43 PM
Gazza I think it IS "Manhattan Beach", myself
July 18th, 2005 06:45 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
So, no "Manhattan Beach"?

Hmmm. Not a good name.
[Edited by Some Guy]
July 18th, 2005 07:08 PM
Soldatti Well, Mick said that the album will be "hard hittin', on your face, contemporary", the name "Neo-Con" is like a good summary of words but in a lonely word.
July 18th, 2005 07:15 PM
Surround Sister Too easy to interpret in a negative way for the Stones themselves:
NeoCon.
Manhattan Beach wraps the US in a perfect title.
Even better as a title than Tattoo You.
Better than Some Girls.
Maybe their best title since Sticky?
[Edited by Surround Sister]
July 18th, 2005 07:25 PM
moy seems that nme takes info from stones board and iorr
July 18th, 2005 07:31 PM
Bob Tamp Gary makes a good point about the title being Neo-Con, but I like it much better than Manhattan Beach. Neo-Con has a little bite to it which the stones surely need for 2005.
July 18th, 2005 07:32 PM
texile too bad it ain't so soldatti - i wish it were -
now THAT would be some balls.....
July 18th, 2005 07:44 PM
Navin The new Stones album could simply be titled 'Rolling Stones #3'...great especially, if this really happens to be their last studio record.

And after all, this as-of-yet-incomplete record was once described as comparable with 'Out of Our Heads'...which in reality was their third offical studio release after 'Rolling Stones #2'
July 18th, 2005 07:59 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The NME story sounds more realistic. Plus now we have more song titles

(I bet ya "This House is empty without you" is the 'Keith ballad'. The title has Hank Williams written all over it)

[Edited by Gazza]

I thought we'd seen all those titles...? In fact, I think both stories are just regurgitations of web reports.

July 18th, 2005 09:04 PM
Surround Sister
quote:
moy wrote:
seems that nme takes info from stones board and iorr

No Doubt so.
Before PC iorr was quoted all over (at least) Europe.
July 18th, 2005 11:08 PM
Soldatti More cut and past histories (and from Stones sites)

The Stones Attack Bush On New Record

by Paul Cashmere

19 July 2005

The Rolling Stones will deliver a musical attack on George W. Bush with their new album.

One track 'Neo-Con' is reported to question the political ambitions of Bush's war ethics.

Some fans are already questioning if the politically correct Stones go through with releasing the song on the album. The lyrics don't flatter in any way National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice.

The album was recorded late 2004 and early 2005 in France.

Ron Wood is reported to have been absent from most of the recording sessions.

Of the tracks he does play on 'Back Of My Hand' is said to be a blues song in the vain of 'You Got To Move'.

Other song titles are 'Oh No, Not You Again', 'She Saw Me Coming', 'Under The Radar', 'Look What The Cat Dragged In', 'This House Is Empty Without You', 'Walking Alone In The Rain', 'You Drive Too Fast'.

In total 18 tracks were recorded for the album and 11 will be on the CD. Both Keith and Mick have a ballad each. The album was designed to be a back to basics record with only Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie playing on the record.

The yet to be titled album was once again produced by Don Was and is due on September 5.

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2005/jul05/20050719_stones.html
July 18th, 2005 11:43 PM
MrPleasant "Manhattan Beach" sounds too plain, too unimaginative for the Stones. Besides, how many outstanding albums are there with the word "beach" in the title? Neil Young's "On the Beach" is one of his best, but "Back To The Beach"? "Beach Samba"? "Phat Beach"? "Sex On The Beach"? "Love Beach"? "Shagg'n On The Beach"?
July 18th, 2005 11:56 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Some fans are already questioning if the politically correct Stones go through with releasing the song on the album.

You know, it may be time for someone to issue an official press release.
July 19th, 2005 03:46 AM
ListenToTheLion 'Manhattan Beach' sounds like a very cheap soap in the spirit of 'Baywatch'. Incredible dull. So let's hope it won't make it as album title. 'Oh not you you again' is for instance a lot better as title. Even Stones haters will like it
July 19th, 2005 03:55 AM
Dutch Michael D. i don't like it at all, the manhattan beach thing is stupid, and the neocon thing is stupid, and the song titles that they say will be on the album are even more stupid. what a stupid thing is going on here??? have they lost their minds??? man.... i don't like it !!!
July 19th, 2005 05:04 AM
Zack >I seriously doubt they'll call the album after a song that they left off.

Just to be annoying, Gazza:

Zeppelin did it (Houses of the Holy) and the Doors too (Waiting for the Sun).

Not that I'm in favor of Neocon as an albuum title.
July 19th, 2005 05:19 AM
JaggerLips WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET SOME CREDIBLE INFORMATION???

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THE NEO CON TITLE FOR THE ALBUM, MANHATTAN BEACH SOUNDS MORE FEASIBLE.

THE STONES DON'T MAKE BLATANT POLITICAL STATEMENTS, WHY WOULD THEY START NOW??

ANYWAY WHATEVER IT'S CALLED I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY GAMMY HANDS ON IT!
July 19th, 2005 05:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:
>I seriously doubt they'll call the album after a song that they left off.

Just to be annoying, Gazza:

Zeppelin did it (Houses of the Holy) and the Doors too (Waiting for the Sun).

Not that I'm in favor of Neocon as an albuum title.

I'm aware of that, actually, you pedantic git! LOL

In fact, the Stones have done it too. Theres an uncirculated instrumental cut in December 1965 called "Aftermath"

However, these days the tour seems to have the same name as the album. "Manhattan Beach" sounds like it could work as a tour title. "Neocon" certainly doesnt.
July 19th, 2005 05:33 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm aware of that, actually, you pedantic git! LOL

In fact, the Stones have done it too. Theres an uncirculated instrumental cut in December 1965 called "Aftermath"

However, these days the tour seems to have the same name as the album. "Manhattan Beach" sounds like it could work as a tour title. "Neocon" certainly doesnt.

Lots of Stones albums have titles that don't appear as songs on the album.
Imagine the song to Bridges to Bablyon or Beggars Banquet or something?
July 19th, 2005 05:55 AM
Zack I have a new signature! LOL!
July 19th, 2005 06:33 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
THE STONES DON'T MAKE BLATANT POLITICAL STATEMENTS, WHY WOULD THEY START NOW??

never heard 'Sweet Black Angel' did ya?
July 19th, 2005 08:10 AM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

Lots of Stones albums have titles that don't appear as songs on the album.
Imagine the song to Bridges to Bablyon or Beggars Banquet or something?

I know, Amy - but in this case we mean a song sharing its name with an album title which WAS recorded, but not included on the finished record.
July 19th, 2005 08:21 AM
gimmekeef No way its NeoCon...just some pre release misinfo.Did see a movie on TV this week end shot at Manhattan Beach studios in LA area.Perhaps the boys were there to shoot the dvd extra portions for the dual format album release.I'm bettin Manhattan Beach....
July 19th, 2005 08:53 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

never heard 'Sweet Black Angel' did ya?

Of course I have!
I am just saying that they don't go all out to be political, they'd rather just focus on the music, Street Fighting Man, Salt of the Earth, Blinded by Rainbows and Highwire etc are all political songs but they are not laments like a Bob Dylan song which focuses purely on the meaning of the lyrics and not the music. Blinded by Rainbows does have a lamentable( is that a word) quality to it but there is still a rockiness to it.
July 19th, 2005 08:55 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I know, Amy - but in this case we mean a song sharing its name with an album title which WAS recorded, but not included on the finished record.

Who gave you permission to use my real name? LOL just kidding.

I stand corrected!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)