ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy anniversary Gazza
Today 23 years ago Gazza lost his ears virginity!! Congratulations!!
Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland - 24th July 1982
© 1982 Denis O'Regan
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: no clubs in the US Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 17th, 2005 02:26 PM
Moonisup IORR reports that there won't be any clubshows in the US.

who bought a membership just for a club?
July 17th, 2005 02:39 PM
Gazza pretty much everyone, I would imagine!!
July 17th, 2005 02:45 PM
mac_daddy
oh, i hope this is just a rumor...

July 17th, 2005 02:47 PM
Moonisup A dutch fanclub reports that an insider said:

"The tour has so much money involved, that there isn't a point for them to do them again."

www.fortylicksfanclub.com

No clubshows this tour(17/07/2005)
Last night we received news from reliable sources: there will be no clubshows in the first stage of the On Stage Tour.
The reason being : "The tour has so much money involved, that there isn't a point for them to do them again."
It remains unclear whether the Stones will also skip clubshows in the other parts of the world.
July 17th, 2005 02:52 PM
mac_daddy so, cohl lied to us @ the press conference ("club tix will be $50")...?

July 17th, 2005 02:55 PM
LadyJane "The tour has so much money involved, that there isn't a point for them to do them again."

Yeah...Keith...it's all about the music.

This REALLY sucks!!

LJ.
July 17th, 2005 03:37 PM
JesusMe If I would have held out my pre may 9th membership I would be one pissed son of a bitch....
July 17th, 2005 04:38 PM
Steel Wheels For the band who is supposed to be all about their roots and the blues and other such crap, this is fucking outrageous.

Play some god damned clubs. We've all made you guys billionaires.
July 17th, 2005 04:46 PM
Steel Wheels I just got my credit card bill yesterday.

I bought a membership so I could get better seats with the hope I could get something at a club show if one was announced. I got two floor seats in Philly as a result and I couldn't be happier.

It just really upsets me that this band acts too much like a Big Business instead of the offspring of the blues musicians who inspired them.

Since they are not playing clubs it does ease the stress a little bit for me since the club show was the hardest ticket I've ever had to get.
July 17th, 2005 04:47 PM
glencar Billionaires? Not yet but maybe after this CD & tour. I bought a membership & used it up on arena seats. Glad I did.
July 17th, 2005 04:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
"The tour has so much money involved, that there isn't a point for them to do them again."

what a load of fucking dog's cocks

so they're worried that if they forego an arena show for a theatre show one night, they might just make, say $298 million out of the tour, instead of $300 million?? The poor dears!

Never ceases to amaze me how many times and ways this bunch of greedy fuckers find to shaft their fans up the arse. Its almost every week now theres something new.

Close to the end of my rope trying to defend anything about these people anymore.

July 17th, 2005 04:57 PM
glencar I call it the "jb" effect.
July 17th, 2005 04:59 PM
mac_daddy on a personal note, it is gonna kill the uniqueness of the bowl gig - it would've been that much more special had there been only one of them...

i was really lookingforward to a killer week, with a club and a bowl show sandwiched in between two stadiums. now it looks like two stadiums and two bowl shows... it's still gonna be cool, but not nearly as exciting...

this isnt written in stone - maybe they prove the rumors wrong, and announce that palladium gig after all...
July 17th, 2005 05:02 PM
Gazza trust me, Blue - I've been a grumpy ol' internet grouch regarding the Stones' price gouging for so long now that I reckon Joshy was still a Ronnie fan at that stage
July 17th, 2005 05:03 PM
glencar LOL I hear ya. I wasn't planning on any club shows as I was so disappointed in the HRC show in Vegas last time around.
July 17th, 2005 05:04 PM
Flairville Hi all, If you've still got pre 5/9 codes and more venue dates are announced try to get decent seats regardless of the size of the gig. If you keep trying you may get lucky and get awesome seats. I was offered 5th row for $99 for 2 Canadian shows and then 5th row in Philly and I grabbed them. I could only get 2 instead of 4 'cos someone else used my code but that's a different story! Basically if you can get to the venue and you've got great seats you're gonna have the night of your life whether it's a stadium, arena or club (Maybe not club!)

Gazza, your discs are in the post!!
July 17th, 2005 05:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
IORR reports that there won't be any clubshows in the US.

who bought a membership just for a club?

I had reported this over two weeks ago....look for perhaps a chicago vic theatre gig in January, but that is very much up in the air. There will be a pre tour club gig in toronto though.
July 17th, 2005 06:49 PM
Moonisup first pug, why ain't I on your friends list, as a true supporter of josh

but second, well, the stones these days is a different ballgame, it's a different tour from 2002, just another stadiumtour to grab some money
July 17th, 2005 06:50 PM
charlotte oh well....I guess I will be by myself at Cameron Indoor Stadium
July 17th, 2005 07:26 PM
jb Poor sales mean they have to make each max out...look for a few more arenas addes..
July 17th, 2005 08:24 PM
glencar Do they have open space on the schedule? Unless you're talking 'bout January.
July 17th, 2005 09:14 PM
kath i couldn't have afforded a club show anyway, but i am sorry for those who could have. maybe they'll make a second run through the states on the other end of the tour and do some then....
July 17th, 2005 10:39 PM
Soldatti It's a big shame, Cohl lied again.
July 17th, 2005 11:18 PM
kath yeah, he seems to have lied big time....
July 17th, 2005 11:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Remember how clever is this:

We're only in it for the music - ROCKS OFF
We're only in it for the money - STONES
July 18th, 2005 12:23 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
first pug, why ain't I on your friends list, as a true supporter of josh

but second, well, the stones these days is a different ballgame, it's a different tour from 2002, just another stadiumtour to grab some money

agreed, I shall add you with the request that your signature adds: "will drink beer with voodoopug"

with regards to your second point, i agree....remember during bridges how happy everyone was to see them back on the road? they are now playing both arenas and stadiums...yet many continue to drink their "haterade"
July 18th, 2005 12:50 AM
littleredrooster Well F*CK!
MAXIMIZE THEIR PROFITS?????They've already got $2K of mine to maximize!

We should all bring ROTTEN fruit to pelt the stage after they dish out 20 WARhorses!

RAGING Roostah!!!
July 18th, 2005 02:45 AM
Poplar

(sigh) sad moment ... again.

July 18th, 2005 05:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
It's a big shame, Cohl lied again.

it was easy to tell he was lying at the press conference.

His lips moved.

Mind you, Cohl's a businessman pure and simple. I dont expect him to be that driven by artistic integrity, so its not as big a lie as Keith's nonsensical 'man of the people' - style "you can keep the money, pal" bullshit
July 18th, 2005 06:32 AM
hotlicks Let's start a boycott of the tour........that will the teach the bastards !!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)