ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy anniversary Gazza
Today 23 years ago Gazza lost his ears virginity!! Congratulations!!
Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland - 24th July 1982
© 1982 Denis O'Regan
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why don't the Stones like Satisfaction? Return to archive
July 15th, 2005 06:53 AM
dejan I've heard that they hate the song, and that they regret ever making it, and I was wondering why...
July 15th, 2005 08:35 AM
scratched Never heard them say they hate the song but maybe they're bored of playing it live.
July 15th, 2005 10:07 AM
sj 'I give you no b*llshit.. I'll give you no lies.. but I need a good woman.. to keep me satisfied... When I wake up in the morning.. I say honey, I want some satisfaction .. I want some satisfaction from you .. I want some satisfaction from you babe ... and I'm .. I'm gonna get some'!!

- Satisfaction '69! Funky as all f*ck.

How could anyone be bored of this track?

July 15th, 2005 01:12 PM
glencar Maybe this person is referring to MJ's famous assertion that he didn't want to sing Satisfaction when he was 40?
July 15th, 2005 07:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
dejan wrote:
I've heard that they hate the song, and that they regret ever making it, and I was wondering why...

Where you heard it?
July 15th, 2005 07:42 PM
KeithRichardsWife Keith said Satisfaction was "too easy". I know keith don't like the song butI didn't know the other stone's didn't.
July 16th, 2005 02:47 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
dejan wrote:
I've heard that they hate the song, and that they regret ever making it, and I was wondering why...

Maybe because they are EXPECTED to play it at every concert they do.
Familiarity breeds contempt so they say?
July 16th, 2005 04:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
dejan wrote:

First I've heard of it...
July 16th, 2005 05:10 PM
ziggypayne
How cool was it that Satisfaction wasn't played at a single U.S. date in '99? What are the odds they would bench it again this year?
July 16th, 2005 05:13 PM
glencar I'd love to see BS get a rest this year!
July 18th, 2005 08:41 AM
dejan Well, in my country, there was this band, they were the greatest rock band from 1972 to 1989, when they fell apart, and this summer they had three concerts, something like a short reunion celebrating the good old times, and the band leader said he was ashamed of one particular song because its rubbish. He also said that, for them, that song is something like the Satisfaction for the Stones, they're sorry to have ever written it.
July 18th, 2005 09:25 AM
Bitch MICK has said he is bored with singing SATISFACTION so many times, so he likes to change the ending of the song around to make it a little different. You can notice some changes on the live versions.

I love the song. Whenever I'm out and request the DJ to play RS they usually choose this and every single time the dance floor fills up with people. Everyone loves it. It's a crowd pleaser.
July 18th, 2005 07:01 PM
Surround Sister Can imagine people goin nuts if the Knack perform and dont play "My Sharona"...
But the Stones has a few other songs to choose among, right?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)