ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy anniversary Gazza
Today 23 years ago Gazza lost his ears virginity!! Congratulations!!
Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland - 24th July 1982
Đ 1982 Denis O'Regan
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sympathy For The Vaults Return to archive
July 14th, 2005 11:42 AM
ThatsWhatISay Hi,

do you remember this collection containing 4 CDs with outtakes and 3CDs with unreleased material?
Does anyone here have information on the recording dates or from which session these tracks are from?

Thanks!
July 14th, 2005 12:15 PM
gimmekeef http://www.printmark.se/stones/bootleg/a/a_h.htm

This link is a great resource for boot info although I dont think this particular collection is shown....
July 14th, 2005 02:04 PM
mac_daddy if there is nothing commercial on it, and gazza would be able to answer that better than i, we should torrent the set here. it was banned from ezt, abd since it originated from this board (i think) it would be a good place to reseed it - i missed out on it originally, too...

July 14th, 2005 03:43 PM
marko Well,then iīll send it to you!
July 14th, 2005 03:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
marko wrote:
Well,then iīll send it to you!

i thought it was your creation

is there any commercially available material on the compilation..?

many thanks.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 14th, 2005 06:30 PM
ThatsWhatISay I seeded it on dimeadozen.org. It was banned, because of the alternate mixes of official songs. The mod said I should provide some more information like session dates or whatever specifies the origin of those tracks more precisely. Marko could you help me out with information? Then the ban could be lifted.
July 14th, 2005 07:04 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
ThatsWhatISay wrote:
I seeded it on dimeadozen.org. It was banned, because of the alternate mixes of official songs. The mod said I should provide some more information like session dates or whatever specifies the origin of those tracks more precisely. Marko could you help me out with information? Then the ban could be lifted.

seed it here. if it was treed here originally, then i am pretty sure that it is OK (i dont see gazza letting a non-kosher compilation fly from here)...
July 14th, 2005 08:03 PM
ThatsWhatISay Ok, it's up on the RO Tracker. But I will only be able to provide about 30 kb/s for the next 6 or 7 hours. Thereafter I can reserve 50-60kb/s. That the maximum upload speed of my cable modem.
July 14th, 2005 10:26 PM
T&A I saw the post on DAD - there's no question that the banning was proper. Most of the songs on the banned discs are in clear violation of the policy. I wouldn't even bother asking anyone else - no brainer.
[Edited by T&A]
July 15th, 2005 01:43 AM
marko Well it is MY work,i did the recordings,Sir stonesalot did
the treeing part.
He and I,we have probaply done somewhere around 150copies..
Iīll try to copy it for you Mac during weekend.
What about "rest of the vaults" and "stripped and naked".
Boston set is on its way to you!

I also send the cover art for the sympathy form the vaults.
July 15th, 2005 01:59 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:
I saw the post on DAD - there's no question that the banning was proper. Most of the songs on the banned discs are in clear violation of the policy. I wouldn't even bother asking anyone else - no brainer.
[Edited by T&A]

what about it is cause for concern, tod..? i was of the understanding that this was a ro tree, and as such contained no commercially available material...

July 15th, 2005 02:01 AM
marko This is getting too big,too close for the tour,donīt you
think?
July 15th, 2005 02:25 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
marko wrote:
This is getting too big,too close for the tour,donīt you
think?

what is..?
July 15th, 2005 08:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
http://www.printmark.se/stones/bootleg/a/a_h.htm

This link is a great resource for boot info although I dont think this particular collection is shown....

thats because its not a commercially released bootleg, but a fan compilation

quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
seed it here. if it was treed here originally, then i am pretty sure that it is OK (i dont see gazza letting a non-kosher compilation fly from here)...

different ball game, though. That compilation was treed here maybe a couple of years ago, before the Bit Torrent thing took off. The torrent sites like Dimeadozen/EZT are now obviously wary about filesharing officially released material as they have been threatened with legal action by some artists. At the time that compilation was treed, that loophole and potential legal problem wouldnt have been apparent to us.

I dont know whats on this compilation, so at present I dont want to just jump in just yet and insist it gets removed. However, if it DOES contain officially released material, legally we've little option but to do so,unfortunately. Thats the main basic rule that we have to operate by on permitting torrents on this site.

Any definite info re: the content would be welcome. However, if it turns out that there ARE officially released tracks on, it could be re-offered with the offending tracks removed.

[Edited by Gazza]
July 15th, 2005 10:54 AM
T&A so i imagine it's safe to keep on the RO tracker. But, I'm saying if you look at the last 4 cds - these are clearly in violation of the DAD of bootcity policies. There are many (most) songs that are minor variations (add/subtract an instrument or a verse, etc.) to the officially released versions.
July 15th, 2005 11:00 AM
Gazza if theyre 'minor variations' from a musical sense and havent been commercially released in the VERSION that has been uploaded, I would consider it OK.

The stuff that we couldnt allow would be the songs on "Stripped companion" for example which were issued as b-sides or CDs like "Gather no Moss" (if thats the correct title) which is basically a pirated version of 'Metamorphosis' which hadnt been issued on CD at the time.

So, until someone can confirm that theyre not the same as officially released versions, then the torrent can stay up OK

I can understand and sympathise with DAD's policies, although some of them I would take issue with. Eg, they banned all 4 of the Cream London 2005 shows because they were told that one of the shows (which one isnt specified) was being released on DVD 6 months later. By that yardstick, who's to know what show is going to be released commercially at some point in the future. Plus, they'll ban an audience recording of a song that has been released on a live album in soundboard form.

I dont envy them having to be careful and they do a great job, but some of it sounds a little too over-zealous at times.
[Edited by Gazza]
July 15th, 2005 11:12 AM
ThatsWhatISay What I dont understand is why DAD policy allows bootlegs. I mean they should be as illegal as sharing official stuff. At least I never heard that bootlegs are legal.
July 15th, 2005 11:28 AM
Gazza selling bootlegs is illegal

trading them (or copies of them) isnt, nor is buying them.

If no one is selling anything or breaching copyright, then technically (as things stand at the minute) they're ok.

We've a similar policy on this site,as do many others. torrents and 'trees' of unofficial material is ok on the proviso that they're not for re-sale - however any posts advertising the sale of bootleg material get deleted.

You'll notice a lot of references on the torrent sites where people refer to the torrent as a "liberated bootleg" which I assume is emphasising that they're taking the product away from the bootleggers and offering it for free to everyone to ensure they dont have to buy it. I guess its a sort of Robin Hood concept!

Most bands and their management accept that their fans want to hear unreleased material and that its already out there and those that do would have all the official stuff anyway, so I guess if theres no money changing hands they tend to live with it. If anything, the torrent sites are stopping bootleggers making money and rendering much of their product worthless
July 15th, 2005 11:49 AM
T&A but, the funny thing is the that the bootleg industry continues to thrive. i have a good buddy that works in the industry and he's having one of his best years ever. go figure.
[Edited by T&A]
July 15th, 2005 11:53 AM
Gazza weird, aint it?

I guess the whole file-sharing thing is still in its infancy, however - maybe it'll take a few years to properly kick in and affect that industry in any kind of way similar to the way that the likes of napster etc affected the legitimate record industry
July 15th, 2005 01:40 PM
T&A beleive it or not some folks just need to have the "factory" pressed silver bootleg cds and original artwork. nothing else will do, apparently. money is no object with these folks either (must be nice, eh?).
July 19th, 2005 10:28 PM
mac_daddy where are we on this..? i dont want something to skate by...

marko is on his honeymoon, and he made the thing - is there anyone that knows if there is anything that has been commercially released that needs to be removed from this seven disc set..?

July 20th, 2005 02:06 AM
marko That would be the first 4 cdīs..........
First 4 cdīs are diffrerent versions from their original
stuff.
3 other cdīs are just unreleased songs.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)