ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Happy anniversary Gazza
Today 23 years ago Gazza lost his ears virginity!! Congratulations!!
Slane Castle, Republic of Ireland - 24th July 1982
© 1982 Denis O'Regan
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 3 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
July 8th, 2005 04:10 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Were Luna and Brian dating? Or is he just chatting her up? They would've made an odd couple - she looks to be a foot taller than Brian. He tended to date women who looked like him, but Luna certainly wasn't in that category.

She's in Fellini Satyricon. And like Brian, died young.

I have a huge Donyale Luna photo collection. She was about a foot taller than Brian. She was extremely beautiful, wasn't she?
I'm sure there was some heavy flirtation between the two. Whether or not anything happened between them, I have no idea, but I'm sure Brian tried his best.
July 9th, 2005 06:22 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 9th, 2005 06:23 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 9th, 2005 06:45 AM
stewed & Keefed http://www.brianjonesfanclub.com

Western Daily Press - July 4th 2005

July 9th, 2005 08:18 AM
GhostofBrianJones Dear Stewed and Keefed:
Thank you so much for printing that article. Please print the whole
thing if you will please. I mean whatever is continued in her ongoing interviews. I knew he killed Brian Jones I always knew Frankenstein Stoneskiller was the predator who murdered him.

Please post the rest of it and I will buy you more beer (smile)
I really appreciate it. She looks great and was always so pretty
and a very nice lady. Thanks so much.
July 9th, 2005 09:34 AM
Back Street Girl Western Daily Press

MY BRIAN WAS A NICE BOY . . . THE TERRIBLE THINGS THEY SAID ABOUT HIM HURT ME

09:30 - 05 July 2005
It wasn't the best chat-up line in history, but it broke the ice with the cool Scandinavian beauty. "Where do you come from?" rock star Brian Jones asked mini-skirted Anna Wohlin as she danced the night away in the Soho nightclub.

It was enough to start a long relationship with the dark-haired children's nanny with searing Baltic blue eyes. And it would end only with the brutal murder of the Rolling Stone two years later.

It was 1967 and the Sixties were well and truly swinging. Anna had studied English in Swansea as a 17-year-old and loved Britain so much she had now come back to live in Hampstead, north London, above The Witches' Cauldron.

It was a dive bar that had launched the careers of Rod Stewart and Long John Baldry among scores of others.

The owner capitalised on his success and opened the infamous Speakeasy and Revolution clubs.

It was in the Speakeasy that Anna was approached by the diminutive rock star.

"I didn't know much about the Stones then," says Anna, breaking a silence of 35 years to talk to the Western Daily Press.

"I was having a great time and didn't want to go out with him. I wanted to be free and do what I wanted, when I wanted.

"He was nice and very polite and wellmannered, but quite shy. And I was 21 and in London to have a good time.

"Brian was very persistent after that but I made him work very hard before I went out with him."

Jones, the multi-talented Cheltenham enfant terrible who formed the world's greatest rock band, was just a few years older but already had five children by five different women.

And he had recently been dating Anita Pallenberg, another Swedish bombshell.

In those days a rock star wasn't taken seriously if he didn't have a Scandinavian beauty on his arm.

Anna, from a wealthy Stockholm family might have been young, but she knew the score. And she fast realised that Brian Jones had a reputation for fast cars, even faster women and a destructive taste for drink and drugs.

Yet within two years they were living together in Cotchford Farm, Sussex, the former home of Winnie the Pooh creator AA Milne.

And now, tragically just weeks before his mysterious death by drowning, Jones had asked Anna to marry him.

"Brian had totally cleaned himself up," Anna says as she sips a red wine overlooking a lake close to her home in the upmarket Stockholm suburb of Bromma.

"If anything I was the bad one. I was doing a little amphetamine then, but Brian wasn't doing any drugs at all.

"And he told me to stop doing speed. He was absolutely petrified about being busted by the police and ending up in prison.

"He knew he wouldn't be able to cope with that. And he was also worried about not being allowed into America because of a drugs conviction.

"And he didn't drink much either then. I know he has always had a terrible reputation and that has hurt me. Then he had changed.

We were looking to the future and he wanted us to start a family.

"He said the farm was meant for children and that is what we planned. He also wanted to start breeding horses, which he loved. He was a real country boy, from his background in the West of England.

"He had done his wild stuff, that was before me. The Brian I knew was very calm and content. He was upset that he had left the Stones, but understood, because it was like a divorce.

"He still loved Mick and the rest and they loved him. They weren't at war." Jones, the brains behind the band and the co-writer of many of the Stones' greatest early hits, was beginning to work more and more with his best pal, John Lennon.

Lennon had been troubled by his relationship with The Beatles and found a soul-mate in Jones.

Often Lennon would travel to the farm to spend time with Jones and Anna. "John was a perfect gentleman," Anna recalls. "He was so polite and so witty. But very relaxed and quiet.

"The two boys would go into Brian's music room to try songs out while I went to the pool to sunbathe or swim. I was young, I didn't care about the music.

"But afterwards I would collate all the tapes they had recorded and put them into order. There were dozens of them.

"Goodness knows where they went. After Brian died (she believes he was drowned by his in-house builder Frank Thoroughgood) everything was taken away. All our possessions vanished. I was heartbroken, Brian was the love of my life and we had planned the future together.

"In an instant my whole world changed." At the weekend a bust of Jones was unveiled in Cheltenham town centre.

Anna has never given an interview before but she has written a book called: The Murder of Brian Jones, released by Blake Publishing.

"I just feel the truth should be told because Brian has been demonised and cannot speak for himself," says Anna.

"I loved him and still do. It was an awful thing that happened that night. A total tragedy."

July 9th, 2005 04:26 PM
stewed & Keefed
July 9th, 2005 05:59 PM
Water Dragon I am absolutely shattered about this horrid mis-representation of Brian...I think a plaster cast of him in drag would have been less offensive. He made a hot blonde. Was I smoking crack or did I not see a photo of him being dressed for the "Standing in the Shadows" photo shoot on this thread?" Ahh well, Brian won't mind...

Regards,

WD
July 9th, 2005 08:24 PM
BrianJonesForever Great photos, everyone! I don't know about Anna Wohlin, she seemed to be in a fantasty world with him,and has no pics of them together. I do believe he was murdered though
July 9th, 2005 10:22 PM
GhostofBrianJones I agree with WD it is a horrible crappy looking mess. The guy who
did it apparently does NOT know how to sculpt much less use
the right colors. Personally a beautiful wax dummy would have
been better in a museum. I do NOT know what that is but it is NOT
Brian Jones. It is an alien from Star Trek and it should go where
no green and gold alien statue should have gone before that looks like that piece of crap. I say like they were saying on the
other thread we should pay to have it removed. I think if ya put it
in a cornfield it would scare the crows away. Or maybe put a
ski mask on it!!

Anyway thanks again to Stewed and Keefed for his undying patience and fortitude during this statue bashing. Keep up the
good work and please continue to post any more stuff. I think Anna Wohlin is NOT telling everything she knows. There might be
more that happened and she may not want to talk about it all. I am
talking about what happened when they were together at his
farm. I definitely believe he was murdered but there are a few
unresolved issues concerning Brian's relationship with the other
band members that she does not or cannot speak of.

Drinks are on the house.
July 10th, 2005 05:34 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 10th, 2005 05:35 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 10th, 2005 08:44 AM
GhostofBrianJones Oh HOT DAMN! If that is NOT a "Sweet "Lil Innocent Brian"
Picture I don't know what is!! What a great screensaver.
YOU are the most famous Brian Jones fan I know.
Keep it up!
July 10th, 2005 11:33 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 11th, 2005 04:58 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 11th, 2005 04:59 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 11th, 2005 03:01 PM
Water Dragon Will whomever posted that very rare photo of Brian being "dressed" for the, "Standing in the Shadows" 45 RPM cover photo shoot, please repost it?

Thanks millions,

W.D.
July 11th, 2005 06:30 PM
Back Street Girl
July 11th, 2005 11:56 PM
Water Dragon Dear BS,

Thanks a bunch, you're a true honey!

Muchas Gracias,

W.D.
July 12th, 2005 12:44 AM
GhostofBrianJones Hi Water Dragon! I like that picture too especially the body INSIDE
the bra and padding. He looks really strange with all that makeup
on almost eerie, but what a total cutie patootie!! Thanks S&K
Keep up the fantastic posting and pictures and Brian pics as
always!
July 12th, 2005 05:28 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 12th, 2005 05:29 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 12th, 2005 08:59 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 12th, 2005 08:13 PM
GhostofBrianJones Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You.
Happy Birthday Stewed and Keefed
Happy Birthday to You!!!

Have a Very Happy Wonderful Birthday and may all your wishes
come true. May you have many many more.

You are the classic Brian Jones fan, the #1 famous Brian Jones
fan. In fact I think you are probably legendary. Your pictures of BJ always make me feel good. I am so glad there is someone who
is dedicated and a die hard fan like you to inspire us other BJ
fans.

So drink up dude and have a bunch for me.

Drinks are on the house.
July 13th, 2005 05:52 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You.
Happy Birthday Stewed and Keefed
Happy Birthday to You!!!

Have a Very Happy Wonderful Birthday and may all your wishes
come true. May you have many many more.

You are the classic Brian Jones fan, the #1 famous Brian Jones
fan. In fact I think you are probably legendary. Your pictures of BJ always make me feel good. I am so glad there is someone who
is dedicated and a die hard fan like you to inspire us other BJ
fans.

So drink up dude and have a bunch for me.

Drinks are on the house.

Thank you I had a great day.

July 13th, 2005 05:53 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 14th, 2005 04:13 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 14th, 2005 04:13 AM
stewed & Keefed
July 14th, 2005 06:40 PM
GhostofBrianJones Hi! Here is I is again. I wonder what Keith and Brian are doing in
that small picture? It looks like they are smiling maybe?

I LOVE THOSE SMOKING PHOTOS OF HIM IN THE WHITE
SWEATER!! I HAVE ALL OF THEM, AND I OFTEN WONDER IF
THERE ARE ANY MORE OUT THERE IN THE INTERNET UNIVERSE? MORE THAN THE ONES THAT ARE ALREADY
AVAILABLE? HE LOOKS SO HOT IN THOSE PHOTOS!

THANKS AGAIN, AND MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK FOR SOME REASON.
July 15th, 2005 04:31 AM
stewed & Keefed
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)