ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick was supposeably in LA / And what about SA-CD?.......From Ian Return to archive
16th July 2004 01:42 AM
IanBillen I seen Mick was in LA last night at a resteruant on Shadoobie Land with a few friends (no names mentioned). Later in the replies people implied that more Stones have been there as of late?
Is this so, which ones, and when?

Also still wondering if an SA-CD/PCM hybrid disk is a possibility? SA-CD's sound is much better than normal PCM style recording and on a hybrid (as with the selected remasters)it is backward compatable with regular CD players. What do you folks think?
Ian
16th July 2004 01:49 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Also still wondering if an SA-CD/PCM hybrid disk is a possibility? SA-CD's sound is much better than normal PCM style recording and on a hybrid (as with the selected remasters)it is backward compatable with regular CD players. What do you folks think?
Ian

i think it is a wonderful idea - it gives me a reason to buy 'em all...
16th July 2004 02:11 AM
Snappy McJack I wouldn't make anything of it, Ian. Mick gets around -- hence, I don't think he's doing anything Stones related in the US.
16th July 2004 02:17 AM
mac_daddy can you link the thread..?
16th July 2004 02:44 AM
IanBillen
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
can you link the thread..?

Here it is....kinda long eh

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=8796.topic
16th July 2004 04:34 AM
Diedre They do get around. Wouldn't make a lot of it. Or maybe, maybe, they're making an album in LA. In secret. Or maybe Mick went to dinner to throw everyone off the track. Keith was in LA over the weekend, but maybe he's not in LA anymore. But Mick went to LA to make people think the Rolling Stones are in LA making an album.

It's all for Ian Billen's benefit, I tell ya. He's getting too close to the truth.
16th July 2004 07:35 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Diedre wrote:
They do get around. Wouldn't make a lot of it. Or maybe, maybe, they're making an album in LA. In secret. Or maybe Mick went to dinner to throw everyone off the track. Keith was in LA over the weekend, but maybe he's not in LA anymore. But Mick went to LA to make people think the Rolling Stones are in LA making an album.

It's all for Ian Billen's benefit, I tell ya. He's getting too close to the truth.

IAN CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH
16th July 2004 08:55 AM
Monkey Woman Well, thank you Ian for posting the story here! Of course, it's not necessarily very important. Mick owns a duplex in LA and has lots of friends in the music and movies business. Not to mention his film producing company...
16th July 2004 09:00 AM
mac_daddy didnt know he was at orso - my wife and i were eating sushi literally a stone's throw away from there that same evening (wednesday)...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
16th July 2004 09:07 AM
LadyJane A "near miss" mac-daddy! That's painful.

I had a similar experience in Fla in Oct '02. Hubby and I were cruising South Beach and he wanted to stop at the News Cafe for late lunch. Oh no..I HAD to get back into the Sun.

I'll be damned if we weren't watching the local news at dinner time and WHO was at the News Cafe at the SAME time we would have been there? Yup..Mick. Suffice it to say, Hubby almost went over the 18th floor balcony after the 5th "If you'd only listen to me for a change".

LJ.