ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Remember the albatross? Return to archive
13th July 2004 04:10 AM
Hannalee Jerry's bird wins:

An albatross �owned� by actress and model Jerry Hall was today declared the winner of a celebrity-backed �race� from islands off Australia to South Africa. The bird, named Aphrodite, has reached South African territorial waters after having been thought at one time to have died during her journey.

The Ladbrokes.com Big Bird Race was designed to highlight the plight of the birds.Tens of thousands are unintentionally but needlessly slaughtered each year through poorly executed, and often illegal, longline fishing practices. The arduous nature of their 6,000 mile migration has been underlined by the fact that as of yesterday only three of the 18 birds taking part was emitting a signal, though some may have simply gone �offline� as Aphrodite did for a time. The others giving a signal were Ocean Spirit, �owned� by broadcaster and naturalist Sir David Attenborough, and The Ecologist, flying for Zac Goldsmith, the environmental campaigner.

Ms Hall said: �When Aphrodite disappeared in the middle of the Indian Ocean, I thought her chances of winning were dashed, but when her satellite tracking device came back online off the South African coast I was delighted. �Now that she has been declared the winner, I am over the moon. I have been delighted to be able to contribute to the conservation of these iconic birds through being part of the Ladbrokes.com Big Bird Race 2004 and look forward to the next race!�

13th July 2004 04:43 AM
F505 The slack season has begun....
13th July 2004 11:24 AM
glencar Jerri sounds like a real Brit!