ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 42 years ago today... Return to archive
12th July 2004 01:05 PM
Monkey Woman 07.12.1962
Blues Incorporated gets their big break - a performance on BBC national radio. The BBC would only pay for five musicians, so Mick was surfeit to requirements. The booking also meant that Alexis Korner and his band couldn't play their regular residency at the Marquee Club. Long John Baldry was given the headline spot to replace Blues Incorporated and The Rolling Stones came in as support. The Stones -- Mick, Keith, Brian, Ian, and Dick -- play their first gig with Mick Avory stepping in as temporary drummer. The Stones made an impression as they play the venue on a couple more occasions later in the year.

----

The beginning of a long, strange musical journey! Thanks god for the Stones.
12th July 2004 01:29 PM
Jacques Thanks all of them.
And thanks MW for this reminder post
12th July 2004 01:56 PM
Joey
Thanks So Much Monkey Woman .................

The Monkey Boy !

[Edited by Joey]
12th July 2004 04:31 PM
BILL PERKS ANYONE HERE EVER BEEN TO THE ORIGINAL MARQUEE(OXFORD ST)?I WAS AT THE WARDOUR ST MARQUEE IN THE 80'S.
12th July 2004 05:11 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ANYONE HERE EVER BEEN TO THE ORIGINAL MARQUEE(OXFORD ST)?

No ........................... However , I might go HERE :
[Edited by Joey]
12th July 2004 05:47 PM
Mottrush
Thanks MW. A very significant day indeed. However I was always under the impression that Tony Chapman played drums that day not Mick Avory!!

Anyone know any different?

Cheers,

Mottrush
12th July 2004 06:28 PM
Paulcarr87 I believe that today is also the 10 year anniversary of the release of Voodoo Lounge, can anyone confirm?

Paul

12th July 2004 07:00 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Mottrush wrote:

Thanks MW. A very significant day indeed. However I was always under the impression that Tony Chapman played drums that day not Mick Avory!!

Anyone know any different?

Cheers,

Mottrush

It's not clear: In "Old gods, almost dead", Stephen Davis says that "possibly" Avory played in that gig, but doesn't mention Chapman. (Chapman had rehearsed with them, for sure, although Ivory was more of a regular.)

After the Marquee, the group continued rehearsing through the summer --assures Davis-- NOW with Chapman as a member.

Of course, Ivory would later work in one of the most underrated groups of all time... God save them.