ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's header: Press conference January 1995 Return to archive
12th July 2004 12:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Today, some minutes ago Fernando Aceves gave me this photo to share with you. Probably if you see it you will say not big deal, but it is very special.

During that press conference no other photgrapher was allowed to shoot, and the Stones Manager asked Fernando to take only one shot, no more and Fernando did it, he took only one.

This photo has never used in any media so almost 10 years later is seeing the light of day here.

Other thing about this, is that this was the longest stop by The Rolling Stones in any tour. They stayed here from January 4th to January 24th, between many other things they did rehearsals (We posted several photos here), press conference, interviews foir the local TV, they shoot the video of "I Go Wild", and played four sold-out concerts at the "Rock�dromo Herm�nos Rodr�guez" (55,000 each)
12th July 2004 12:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, the photo has a better resolution but the scan not
12th July 2004 12:45 AM
parmeda The photo is indeed a gem!
And Voo...if Fernando is feeling, you know, "generous"...I would be more than PLEASED to take this off of his hands!
12th July 2004 02:45 AM
FotiniD Lucky Voodoo It must have been great to have the Stones at your "home" for so long. And the pic is great! Thanks a lot!
12th July 2004 10:52 AM
LadyJane
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

This photo has never used in any media so almost 10 years later is seeing the light of day here.

Congratulations, Voo! Truly an honor for RO!!

This place ROCKS!!!!!!

LJ.
12th July 2004 10:59 AM
Snappy McJack I wouldn't mind having one of those framed VL posters. Those are sweet.
12th July 2004 11:08 AM
Gimme Shelter Very cool pic. Thanks for posting it.
12th July 2004 11:17 AM
glencar They should sit closer together.
12th July 2004 11:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
They should sit closer together.

Yes that's important. I never really understood the necessity of announcing a tour with a press conference anyway. It always seemed to me to be promotional fluff....neither here nor there really. But I suppose it does focus attention.
12th July 2004 11:41 AM
glencar Press conferences are a great way to generate interest. Back in 1981, I first found out about the TY tour from "Entertainment Tonight" because Mick parachuted into the JFK Stadium & made the announcement alone. Back in those days, we didn't have internet rumor & innuendo to guide us.
12th July 2004 12:00 PM
Jacques Great.............................................................................photographer Fernando.
Thanks to him and to you Voodoo
12th July 2004 12:33 PM
Joey
" This photo has never used in any media so almost 10 years later is seeing the light of day here. "

Congratulations Voodoo !
12th July 2004 11:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks everybody! Thanks Fernando! (check his website now, he really has the touch...

http://www.fernandoaceves.com

Press Conference, M�xico D.F. January 1995
Fernando Aceves
12th July 2004 11:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have an idea, I'm gonna make a summary of the images by Fernando Aceves for the long stop here, it will include many photos you have already seen like the shooting of the "I Go Wild" video, the exclusive shots from the rehearsals, the TV interview, and of course the 4 shows, but shit... I don't have time first I will finish the Nicky Hopkins website
13th July 2004 12:33 AM
rogerriffin Congratulations to all rocksoffers for have a great friend: FERNANDO ACEVES.

I been with him at voodoo chile�s studio, and he sign me my copy of ROLLING STONES EXPO IN MAM...

and days ago i read the ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES and i was surprised for see photos taken by him in MEXICO... ACCORDING its an official stuff!!!

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS FOR YOU FERNANDO.