ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Photos from Keith at Gram Parsons Tribute 10.7.04 Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th July 2004 02:17 PM
Bloozehound I find it hard to beleive Dwight could do any wrong, especially at the Gram Parsons tribute.

Not only is Dwight one of the most brilliant musicians alive today, you could draw a direct line of influence/descendence from Hank Willaims to "Bakersfield sound" country music to Gram Parsons to Dwight Yoakam. Dwight knows this, and isn't shy about showing great debt and gratitiute to his roots more often then most artists...he normally gives it 110%. I've never heard of him performing half-assed or doing a bad tribute song for that matter, he know his limitations and works well within this framework.

this reviewer either didn't "get it" or is probably Bridget Fonda's ex....

[Edited by Bloozehound]
15th July 2004 02:23 PM
SheRat
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I find it hard to beleive Dwight could do any wrong, especially at the Gram Parsons tribute.

Not only is Dwight one of the most brilliant musicians alive today, you could draw a direct line of influence/descendence from Hank Willaims to "Bakersfield sound" country music to Gram Parsons to Dwight Yoakam. Dwight knows this, and isn't shy about showing great debt and gratitiute to his roots more often then most artists...he normally gives it 110%. I've never heard of him performing half-assed or doing a bad tribute song for that matter, he know his limitations and works well within this framework.

this reviewer either didn't "get it" or is probably Bridget Fonda's ex....

[Edited by Bloozehound]

I would like to nuzzle you....

15th July 2004 06:53 PM
mac_daddy heheh...

you know what they say about opinions...

personally, not the biggest dwight y. fan, but it is hard to imagine screwing up Sin City. Hell, steve earle does a great version of it. in fact, he encored with it the weekend before (i did tape that one, and it is up for download currently)...

15th July 2004 07:53 PM
Dan I got in, missed some of it, waiting on another source but I borrowed a huge stack of someone else's masters that takes priority for transfers right now.
Mine isnt that good to begin with.
15th July 2004 08:38 PM
glencar Keith looks horrible.
Page: 1 2