ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: American Country Music Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th July 2004 04:56 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I wonder what Hank III's legacy will be in the context of all this. Today's the first time I have ever actually heard the kid. But he does play C&W the way I like it....shitkicking and raw. But at any rate he does like to use profanity alot. LOL.

Some say he's shooting himself in the foot by using that language to let his record company know what he thinks of them as well as playing metal. Others call him Hank the Turd.

Bloozehound, if you have a high speed connection, take your pick of bootlegs:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?collection=etree&cat=Hank%20Williams%20III
12th July 2004 05:11 PM
Bloozehound Kool, I'll check one out, thanks Polk!

Any particular ones you recommend ?

[Edited by Bloozehound]
12th July 2004 05:44 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Kool, I'll check one out, thanks Polk!

Any particular ones you recommend ?

The 2002 show @ Riverton is considered one of his best performances caught on tape. Fiddleboy is on that one. He's no longer with us. Cancer. RIP.

Of course any of the 2004 shows if you want to hear how heavy he's gotten w/the Assjack set. In 2002 he had not gone full on metal yet during the second set.

[Edited by PolkSalad]
12th July 2004 07:56 PM
mac_daddy hey bloozehound - did you listen to my recording yet? i was wondering what you thought...
Page: 1 2